Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,186 members, 7,839,038 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG (28035 Views)

Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) / FG Bans Importation Of Packaged Tomato Paste / Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by LagosismyHome(f): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2017
Heromaniaa:
The sugar they package in this country is not sweet. You pour one sachet of Dangote sugar in your pap, and the pap tastes like you added extra water. Is good we ban importation of products that are manufactured in the country, but at the same time we have to ensure the home product is not of substandard quality. If our sugar tastes better and is cheaper, then no one will go through the misery of smuggling St Louis into the country. Then again, we have to be sure we are not advancing Dangote's monopoly If Dangote with his 24/7 access to credit facilities controls 80 percent of the sugar industry, then how effective has d sugar ban been in encouraging local producers??

You are very wise...this ban is not to promote local production but protecting one man monopoly
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by Odingo1: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2017
Flashmove:
If Dangote is an Igbo man or a Biafran, they would have used tax to kill his business. They will open more doors for foreign Sugars to Land in Nigeria on daily basis.

Dangote may not live in Aso Rock , but he gives 40% order of what is happening in Nigeria. If you think am lying, ask Buhari.....
Not only Igbos,even Yoruba business will face the same,Glo don't have privileges that Dangote have, Dangote is just an opportunist and cant compete on level playing ground,without northern oligarchy gang up in Nigeria,Dangote will not be a richest man in Nigeria,he is only thriving on monopoly business where government will close down his competitors business for only him to be selling and have free asses to forex at expense of others..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2017
The major importer might likely be an Ibo man, just an assumption. I am an Ibo also. Our biggest myopic stance in business has remained not to industrialize our businesses. From Bayelsa to Maiduguri, Lagos to Sokoto to Uyo we assume to be trying sitting all day in our airless 8ft by 8ft store or less size, saying Ka ana anwa. That remains the main reason those who are in power when they ban one thing or the other, we felt crucified. Lets think,think and think. i thank God to have arisen above such mediocrity.,ban belt,shirt button, tapioka, we ibos will complain

1 Like

Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by EzeeYFB(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

That won't happen.
Because Dangote is a special breed of Nigerians. He is protected with all the favours from the federal government.
Did El-Rufai not pay Boko Haram terrorists masquerading as Fulani herdsmen to reduce their killing of innocent farmers?
Other manufacturers from the 5% parts of the country can suffer and languish, the owners of our country are not bothered.
sha that's the problem here
But bro you know na to at least make attempt
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by thunderbabs: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2017
I know its all about Dangote but is dangote and bua sugar safe for human consumption? Make e no b say na industrial sugar dem dey package for us..

Our health is more important sad
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2017
EzeeYFB:
sha that's the problem here
But bro you know na to at least make attempt

Bro, talking is different from MAKING an attempt at changing things that involve taking away the wrong benefits of someone.
You sef no go gree anyhow.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2017
thunderbabs:
I know its all about Dangote but is dangote and bua sugar safe for human consumption? Make e no b say na industrial sugar dem dey package for us..

Our health is more important sad

Have you petitioned your senator and representative about this?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by madjune(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2017
Who even needs sugar in his tea again?

Who sugar epp?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by Audrinakane(f): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2017
I bought St Louis sugar recently and it still sells. I prefer it though to other brands.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by InvertedHammer: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
It makes sense.

Ban Ojukwu family's business to promote Dangote's monopoly.

This is the only plausible reason.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by thunderbabs: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

Have you petitioned your senator and representative about this?

No one is representing me in Nigeria, and wld rather watch the senate on Channelstv. FYI, i dont eat sugar
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
Max24:

where is ur office so we can come and investigate how u accessed a banned product. son and nafdac on the way.

Funny u, it was purchased, not smuggled.

Nafdac should go after everyone, because the major supermarkets still sell it.

1 Like

Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by luckingto50: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nice move but the problem now is that even our local sugar is very costly unlike what we use to buy of st Louis
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by tomdon(m): 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
mfm04622:

Very well! Do you?

The real Saint Louis sugar is no longer in Nigerian market as the only company with license to import it has stopped bringing it in. This gave opportunity to those who smuggles in adulterated Saint Louis brand of sugar.

Do you understand now?

Am an entry level manager where I work and you insult my comprehension ability? Isn't it too early for that?

cheesy
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
thunderbabs:
No one is representing me in Nigeria, and wld rather watch the senate on Channelstv. FYI, i dont eat sugar

So what is the point of your earlier comment?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by thunderbabs: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

So what is the point of your earlier comment?

And why are you so interested in my comment, if i may ask? U b Nairaland SARS?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
thunderbabs:
And why are you so interested in my comment, if i may ask? U b Nairaland SARS?

I am a Nigerian.
Is that not enough for me to be interested in what can make my country better?

1 Like

Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by thunderbabs: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

I am a Nigerian.
Is that not enough for me to be interested in what can make my country better?

Love ur response. I am not Nigeria. I am a Nigerian. U get the drift wink
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
thunderbabs:
Love ur response. I am not Nigeria. I am a Nigerian. U get the drift wink

So what is Nigeria?
Thanks
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by thunderbabs: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

So what is Nigeria?
Thanks

Guy, google Nigeria. No offence... wink
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by seguno2: 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
thunderbabs:
Guy, google Nigeria. No offence... wink

Thanks for your advice.
I googled it and found out that it is made up of Nigerians.
Anything else?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by engrchykae(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
xcellinking:

So this y I have not been seeing this sugar in the market. It's Dangote every where. Oh my St Louis cry
St Louis sugar is owned by Sir Louis Ojukwu.now you know why it was banned.Dangote went to switzerland to buy the firm but could not and now his government wing is trying to destroy what he cant get.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by harrybarn: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
KEVIND:
D
Banning imported goods to encourage local manufacturers is "structural violence". mmmm I tuale for you.
Quote me well. I'm not against the idea, am just thinking the other side. I know there are always advantages and disadvantages to every decision but its important to identify weight them alongside before launching out.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by harrybarn: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ralphdan:

That's what we need right now to grow our local manufacturers
Lets hope these local manufacturers will not end up giving us "local" sugar after their foreign rivals give way!
*still thinking rational enough* we've seen this so many times. Why not they produce quality products and edge out the imported ones rather?
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by Ralphdan(m): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
harrybarn:

Lets hope these local manufacturers will not end up giving us "local" sugar after their foreign rivals give way!
*still thinking rational enough* we've seen this so many times. Why not they produce quality products and edge out the imported ones rather?

I suppose there are agancies on quality regulation
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by harrybarn: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ralphdan:

I suppose there are agancies on quality regulation
Yea we've always supposed so many stuffs and dissapointed. I wish I could conceal my bitterness against our corrupt system and just pray I dont get infected in my time
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by KEVIND: 5:23am On Jun 19, 2017
harrybarn:

Quote me well. I'm not against the idea, am just thinking the other side. I know there are always advantages and disadvantages to every decision but its important to identify weight them alongside before launching out.
If I may ask, which school did you attend? And secondly,the banning of some imported goods is not an 'idea' but a policy of the federal government to boost local industries.
Re: St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG by harrybarn: 6:04am On Jun 19, 2017
KEVIND:

If I may ask, which school did you attend? And secondly,the banning of some imported goods is not an 'idea' but a policy of the federal government to boost local industries.
Thanks for the correction. I learn by them. However I see you're an english graduate of Imperial College. Wehdone, i see ur own problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / USA Now World’s Biggest Crude Oil Producer / Naira Rises Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.