Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,903 members, 7,956,405 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? (8260 Views)

Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman? / Woman Gets Revenge On Cheating Husband By Sleeping With His Mistress’ Brother / Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by woye77: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2010
the bible says sarah called her husband Lord (I Peter 3:6) "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, " smiley and i think in Africa it isn't proper for a decent housewife to call her husband by name - whatdo you think?
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2010
Really? Is there some place in the bible that says Man is God? Pathetic attempt to denigrate women as usual with Nigerian culture.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by woye77: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Really? Is there some place in the bible that says Man is God? Pathetic attempt to denigrate women as usual with Nigerian culture.
why are u always on my case?
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2010
It seems to me that you have misogynistic traits. Women are human beings just like Men so please stop trying to exalt men over women.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by lezuya(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2010
SO long as the man doesn't mind,no wahala.However en devour to find him a sweet love name that he will appreciate.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by elecktra(f): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2010
ehn if your wife call you woye enter bush and hang yourself or better still jump into a lagoon

sarah found "lord" sxxy enuf and called her husband that b'sides her husband's name is a mouthful, anyone in her old shoes will do the same tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2010
Will your manhood grow ten inches tall if she calls you Lord, do tell? Because I'm as confused as you are. undecided

It's just a question o.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2010
meaningless thread undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by baslone: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2010
I don't think it's meaningless! I also don't see a big
deal about the lady calling her hubby by his name.

Some women simply refer to them as daddy, some
Daddy "their kid" while some only call their names whenever
they are pissed at something. It's also uncommon to call the
head of the family by his name in a polygamous family.

All that matters is RESPECT and name calling doesn't really bring that!
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
OP- if you dont want your wife calling you by name then that's good for you. However, not everyone has to be like you.

This is a Nigerian issue and even then not all men would be comfortable with their wife ululating for them every single time she opens her mouth.

dont get me wrong however- I'm not saying a wife shouldnt respect her husband, before una run and misquote me somewhere.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Abekeade08(f): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2010
the bible says sarah called her husband Lord (I Peter 3:6) "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, " Smiley and i think in Africa it isn't proper for a decent housewife to call her husband by name - whatdo you think?

Which kin wowo yeye post be this? Why can't a woman call her husband/partner by his name. Na wah ooh, these bobos don see women finish?
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2010
Abekeade08:

Which kin wowo yeye post be this? Why can't a woman call her husband/partner by his name. Na wah ooh, these bobos don see women finish?
grin grin grin grin

He wants to be worshiped by the wife, silly thread.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Abekeade08(f): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2010
He wants to be worshiped by the wife, silly thread.

Just so outrageous to me that someone actually thinks this way in this day and age. Maybe he is just trying to get a rise out of women on NL.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
Abekeade08:

Just so outrageous to me that someone actually thinks this way in this day and age. Maybe he is just trying to get a rise out of women on NL.

Don't be suprised, some Nigerian men or African men are still living in the past, to some of them women can only be seen not heard.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Skidoc(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
Woye, wake up! This is 2010! cool
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by LadyT(f): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2010
Depends on his age if he's a lot older perhaps call him by his childrens name. If no children a nickname is cool.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
yes, nicknames are fine unless the OP has a problem with that too.

However, different strokes for different folks.

Some women wouldnt be comfortable calling their husbands by name either. I have seen ladies who dont give their spouses or partners anything less than absolute submission.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Outstrip(f): 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2010
This topic has been raised here before and I still cannot fully understand it. What sort of joblessness is this
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2010
Outstrip:

This topic has been raised here before and I still cannot fully understand it. What sort of joblessness is this

link(s) pls
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by woye77: 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2010
it's not wise for people to try killing off threads just because they don't fancy the topic - if an issue has been raised before i provide the link and even then nothing stops an issue being discussed again for the benefit of new members angry
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2010
What does the mama and papa name the man when he was born . . . . . .shiorrrrrrrr
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Sissy3(f): 4:26am On Jan 24, 2010
@ poster

do you also think its ok for a man to call his wife by her name
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2010
~Sissy~:

@ poster

do you also think its ok for a man to call his wife by her name

Lol
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by chamotex(m): 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2010
The day my wife calls me 'LORD', she should just pack her things angry angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2010
chamotex:

The day my wife calls me 'LORD', she should just pack her things angry angry

Why is that?
How come u not the one that will pack your things? remember it is your house as well as hers
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by bawomolo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
LadyT:

Depends on his age if he's a lot older perhaps call him by his childrens name. If no children a nickname is cool.

lol what did she call him before they got married. i guess women should be calling their husbands baba junior etc
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
bawomolo:

lol what did she call him before they got married. i guess women should be calling their husbands baba junior etc

That will freak me out.
Call me my name or gimme me some pet name
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by bawomolo(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That will freak me out.
Call me my name or gimme me some pet name

definitely.
anything else would be odd
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2010
bawomolo:

definitely.
anything else would be odd

Yes oh
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by madamL(f): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2010
Is he a masquarade? The best form of address is something like Papa John or Papa Mgbafor.
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2010
madam L:

Is he a masquarade? The best form of address is something like Papa John or Papa Mgbafor.

That sounds so freakyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Is It Okay For A Woman To Call Her Husband By Name? by N101: 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That sounds so freakyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

How about Fhemmmy Senior? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men: Would You Carry Your Baby On Your Back At Home? / My Nagging European Wife. / ADHD: My Experience And How It Has Affected My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.