Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood (3636 Views)

What's The Essence Of Noah's Flood, When Eventually Evil Will Persist? / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Was Noah's Flood Global Or Local? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Another question is how did the wild animals not eat the domestic ones? Lol

Good question but that is for another day. wink
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
analice107:

Are fishes land animals? lol

No. Only air-breathing, land-dwelling animals made it into Noah's Ark at God's command because none would have survived the global Flood. Fish and other marine creatures could survive. The question is, how did the fresh and salt water fish survive?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
engineerboat:

The question for you is, who gave the instruction for the aninals to br kept inside the ark

Good question. cheesy
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lamiri:

but the Bible say God destroy everything wey no enta the ark

It was rather the air-breathing and land-dwelling animals who missed the boat that got destroyed. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lamiri:

the basic fact is that most of these guys no nothing about science, fact , history , reality

If you think you "know" science then answer the question of the OP. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Muafrika2:

All waters were fresh in those days. The current salt water fishes have evolved over a period of time as the waters became salty. Unless you plans to argue that God separated the salty waters from fresh waters at creation undecided

At creation, God actually separated the land from the waters at that point waters began to become saline but I don't think it was as salty as it is today. Don't you think God could have programmed some fish to have the information that enables them to adapt to different environments?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Victornezzar:

yeah sure
what's ur location

Londonistan. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by randomperson: 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Just say that you cannot think how this can be plausible. Your logic and reasoning ends there.
I think it's your inability to apply logic and reasoning that's the problem.... U believe a story that claims all species of animals were in the same ark. That includes penguins and other animals that can only survive in specific environments.

You also believe that a lion stayed with a goat for hundreds of days and didn't devour the goat.

The story of Noah's flood is enough reason to dismiss the bible as badly written folktales

2 Likes

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Victornezzar: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Londonistan. cool
wanted u 2 help me get a location
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

At creation, God actually separated the land from the waters at that point waters began to become saline but I don't think it was as salty as it is today. Don't you think God could have programmed some fish to have the information that enables them to adapt to different environments?
I believe so. Those who could survive did so, and in the long run, we have sea creature adopted to either. There are also salt water lakes inland that were part of bigger water bodies that only turned salty after they were cut off.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Victornezzar:

wanted u 2 help me get a location

Where are you living?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Victornezzar: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Where are you living?
At lag
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
randomperson:

I think it's your inability to apply logic and reasoning that's the problem.... U believe a story that claims all species of animals were in the same ark. That includes penguins and other animals that can only survive in specific environments.

You also believe that a lion stayed with a goat for hundreds of days and didn't devour the goat.

The story of Noah's flood is enough reason to dismiss the bible as badly written folktales

Who called the animals into the Ark in the first place? Answer that and I will tell you how the animals were able to live together for that long.

The fact that folks with faulty worldview as yours cannot think beyond your faulty theories does not mean there are no scientific and biblical answers to the OP.

If your presupposition has already made you conclude that there cannot be answers to the OP then you will be incapacitated to think of a plausible one. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Victornezzar:

At lag

I believe there should be one near your street otherwise go to Gbagada or check this site: www.dclm.org
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by davien(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Believing the theory of evolution is intellectual suicide which prevents you from logical, reasonable, rational and scientific thinking. cool
How so? Don't just blurt out an empty statement, back it up.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by ValentineMary(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

So with all your education you don't see how it can be plausible? undecided
How what can be possible?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know what damage Noah's Flood caused to the ocean bed at the time? Erosion, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plates movement and the likes must have caused havoc to the ocean beds thus making it inhabitable for fish to hibernate. wink
lolz hahaha, na wa o, una don finish me for here. Well am not an ecologist, na una know wer dem hide oo.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Zodiac61(m): 12:40am On Jun 21, 2017
You realise that the biblical flood story is false, I hope.
If you think it is true, well what can I say?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by orunto27: 5:50am On Jun 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

We know that. Can you tell us how this played out?

It is in The Nature of God to tell anything. Christ never specifically told us He was God on Earth or else a Biafran seeking Igboman would kidnap Him and Nigeria would scamper. Please say this to our twenty second century King David @ Abuja.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
davien:

How so? Don't just blurt out an empty statement, back it up.

The fact that you cannot come up with plausible answers to the OP proves my point. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
ValentineMary:

How what can be possible?

Read the OP and come up with plausible answers. cool
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Frederick7:

lolz hahaha, na wa o, una don finish me for here. Well am not an ecologist, na una know wer dem hide oo.

Then sit back and learn from true scientists who happen to be creationists. wink
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Jun 22, 2017
Zodiac61:

You realise that the biblical flood story is false, I hope.
If you think it is true, well what can I say?

Noah's Flood is an historical event which true scientists can prove. The fact that your presupposition rules it out as a myth wouldn't help your case.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05am On Jun 22, 2017
orunto27:

It is in The Nature of God to tell anything. Christ never specifically told us He was God on Earth or else a Biafran seeking Igboman would kidnap Him and Nigeria would scamper. Please say this to our twenty second century King David @ Abuja.

The infinite Creator has recorded it plainly in the Genesis record and it will only take kings to search it out. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by Zodiac61(m): 6:41am On Jun 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Then sit back and learn from true scientists who happen to be creationists. wink

Contradiction in terms.
No true scientist can be a creationist. There is absolutely no science in 'Creation Science'.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by luvmijeje(f): 8:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Oga OP, what's the answer. You've been challenging everybody answers.
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Zodiac61:

Contradiction in terms.
No true scientist can be a creationist. There is absolutely no science in 'Creation Science'.

It is rather the other way round. All things that exists are created not evolved. There is no evidence of "evolution."
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by davien(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that you cannot come up with plausible answers to the OP proves my point. cool
I'm not the one advocating for contradictory ideas that go against reality,if you believe in a global flood back it up with something that matches lets say strata distribution of rocks, not because of a "bible tells me so and bible is true" infantile circular thinking..

1 Like

Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
ValentineMary:

It's being a while I have been online but let me educate you a little. Fishes can't stay in all parts of the sea. If they go to deep, the pressure of the water body kills them, and also the little amount of light would leave them susceptible to predators. And we have fresh water fish and salt water fish. If there is a global flood, the water would mix and the fresh water fish and marine water fish would all die because it's not their habitat. Thus marine life ends.
Let's face it the Noah's story is a big joke.

Why are you so blind?

Going by the theory of evolution, could fishes have evovled so well to start having aquatic 'niches'?

Maybe there was just one large body of water that was the same everywhere, couldn't it have been so?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by TheNazarene: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
randomperson:

If there can be zoos today where all sorts of animals are kept in more than twos or threes, couldn't there have been an ark that kept animals in just twos over a period of time less than a year?
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oga OP, what's the answer. You've been challenging everybody answers.

See the answers to the OP in the suggested link below there you will find how true scientists tackled the subject:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/how-could-fish-survive-the-genesis-flood/
Re: How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
davien:

I'm not the one advocating for contradictory ideas that go against reality,

The evolutionist worldview that you believe in is certainly contradictory to the biblical worldview that I believe in thus your reality will be different to mine but what we have in common is the evidence, the fossil-bearing sedimentary layers. We only see the evidence through our different spectacles.

davien:

if you believe in a global flood back it up with something that matches lets say strata distribution of rocks, not because of a "bible tells me so and bible is true" infantile circular thinking..

You believe that those layers took millions of years to form while I believe they were formed as described in the Flood of Genesis chapters 6 - 8.

The result of that Flood was that the waters rose and eventually covered "all the high hills under the whole heaven." As a result of this real historical event we should expect to find billions of dead animals and plants buried in rock layers all around the earth, and what do we find in reality? Billions of fossils of animals and plants buried in sedimentary rock layers all over the earth.

You can see that it did not have to take millions of years, the fossils could have formed rapidly during the year of this catastrophic Flood of Noah.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash / To That Moniker Called Frustratedman-God Loves You / Being A Muslim Should Not Make Me A Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.