Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,636 members, 7,840,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare (3110 Views)

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by bashdecash(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2010
@ Mrprsdent,

Not really fear them, but should we be making utterances that will provoke some class of people and make them retaliate?

going back to history, the 15th january mutiny was not what made the northerners to go for a barbaric re-match, it was as a result of the utterances and mockery by the eastern civilians in offices and market places as well as igbo soldiers in the barracks that provoked the northerners.

Tunde Bakare's utterance is one of the like that can raise another dust.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by WilyWily5: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2010
Bakere made some Comments, and so what,
who do you think is afraid of North?
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by slimghost(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2010
@Bashdecash.

You sound like a coward to me. aint the 4kin Northerners done with their retaliation? Who killed Ironsi? Southerners? spare me jo!  Honestly, i wish Nzeogwu and co succeeded with that coup.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by safeact(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2010
I see bunch of cowards in NL! Can some1 remind us how d small Ghana was able 2 over power their own so called northerners in their country? Bakare is making very much sense, we need 2 masacre all who are behind our problems in naija tru coup or what ever means! Let northeners and their supporters here in NL go to hell.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by revolt(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2010
Bash must really love to eat scraps from the table of these cows holding us back. Me i stand for no NIGERIA
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by Dede1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
bashdecash:

@ Mrprsdent,

Not really fear them, but should we be making utterances that will provoke some class of people and make them retaliate?

going back to history, the 15th january mutiny was not what made the northerners to go for a barbaric re-match, it was as a result of the utterances and mockery by the eastern civilians in offices and market places as well as igbo soldiers in the barracks that provoked the northerners.

Tunde Bakare's utterance is one of the like that can raise another dust.

Please if you do not know your history, it is fine you are ignorant of facts surrounding the recorded events of your country. But it is not your right to distort history and engage in flagrant display of conjectural crap.

What “utterances and mockery by the eastern civilians in offices and market places as well as Igbo soldiers in the barracks” are you blabbing about?

One of cardinal reasons of January 15, 1966 coup was to get rid of northern Nigerian army officers that were not qualify to wear the uniform of NCO talk less of commissioned officer. The same core unqualified officers that instigated the counter coup of July 29, 1966 formed the leagues officers that ran Nigeria into the mud. Even few of them could not remember taken the final examination from their respective High Schools
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
Dede1:

One of cardinal reasons of January 15, 1966 coup was to get rid of northern Nigerian army officers that were not qualify to wear the uniform of NCO talk less of commissioned officer. [b]The same core unqualified officers that instigated the counter coup of July 29, 1966 formed the leagues officers that ran Nigeria into the mud. [/b]Even few of them could not remember taken the final examination from their respective High Schools

Good POINT! People shouldnt also forget that ,at heart,the Jan 15 coupists loved Nigeria dearly.Not like these later-day looters masquerading as coupists.
Still,i abhor military intervention of any kind.Just to make a point.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by Akanbiedu(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
This Bakare sef. Doesn't he know that his popularity is a result of the incompetence of the political elites that refuse to keep people busy enough thereby turning them to God. He should not bit the hands that feed him.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by bashdecash(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
Dede1:

Please if you do not know your history, it is fine you are ignorant of facts surrounding the recorded events of your country. But it is not your right to distort history and engage in flagrant display of conjectural crap.

What “utterances and mockery by the eastern civilians in offices and market places as well as Igbo soldiers in the barracks” are you blabbing about?

One of cardinal reasons of January 15, 1966 coup was to get rid of northern Nigerian army officers that were not qualify to wear the uniform of NCO talk less of commissioned officer. The same core unqualified officers that instigated the counter coup of July 29, 1966 formed the leagues officers that ran Nigeria into the mud. Even few of them could not remember taken the final examination from their respective High Schools

I think i hv read my history enough to state what i stated. here is a link to where you can get in touch with ma source and WILL LIKE YOU TO ALSO GIVE ME YOUR OWN SOURCE OF HISTORY

http://www.dawodu.com/coup2.htm
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by naijaswag1: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

This Bakare sef. Doesn't he know that his popularity is a result of the incompetence of the political elites that refuse to keep people busy enough thereby turning them to God. He should not bit the hands that feed him.

You must be a heathen.Which hands feed him?Even in modern day American,Evangelical Christianity is on the geometrical increase.If the country gets better,people will have more reasons to go to church and thank God.There is always a this void in the heart which religion fills,until we can get rid of it people like Bakare will continue to grow in popularity.Why should Bakare not talk,is he not a Nigerian? Lets cut this crap.If all the ministers of Orthodox and pentecostal can issue statements that will incite the cowards that populate Nigerians to start asking questions and redeem this nation,it is a welcome development
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by buchio7(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
na real wah 4 una. U guys r ready to keep stayin on nairaland n bitching abt d countrys situation bt here is a man who has d courage to tell d ppl in power dat dey r thieves yet instead of acknowledgin his effort all u whiners can say is dat he shd nt raise dust. This is utter rubbish coming frm ppl who say dey r educated n want change in d polity. U guys need 2 wake up instead of sittin on ur asses n bitchin like market women.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by naijaswag1: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
buchio7:

na real wah 4 una. U guys r ready to keep stayin on nairaland n bitching abt d countrys situation bt here is a man who has d courage to tell d ppl in power dat dey r thieves yet instead of acknowledgin his effort all u whiners can say is dat he shd nt raise dust. This is utter rubbish coming frm ppl who say dey r educated n want change in d polity. U guys need 2 wake up instead of sittin on your asses n bitchin like market women.

Nigerians are cowards who want a good life which requires a lot of risk like Bakare's but are not ready to undertake the simplest form of it-speaking out.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by EzeUche(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
safeact:

I see bunch of cowards in NL! Can some1 remind us how d small Ghana was able 2 over power their own so called northerners in their country? Bakare is making very much sense, we need 2 masacre all who are behind our problems in naija tru coup or what ever means! Let northeners and their supporters here in NL go to hell.

Ghana is a very interesting case in how the dealt with the northerners. The ethnic groups of the south, in particular, the Ashanti actually enslaved the northerners. If you heard of the Ashanti Empire, they were in the business of war and were able to match the northerners in brutality. That is why they subdued the northern threat. Northerners today in Ghana are treated as second class citizens by the powerful Ashanti. grin
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by EzeUche(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
My question is where were these Yoruba leaders when Nzeogwu was trying to change Nigeria for the better? angry
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by udezue(m): 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
^^^They joined the North for a few crumbs minus Soyinka, Fajuyi and Banjo.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by buchio7(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2010
quit whinin n start actin positive 4 dis country
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by revolt(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2010
Do you people know the january coup was stopped by IGBO officers. Some people here are pathetic.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by onyengbu1(m): 9:57am On Jan 27, 2010
Labelling the coup an igbo coup is the only way non igbos can justify the pogrom.
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by ud4u: 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
Enough of this bondage, can we ever call a spade a spade in this country
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by omongbati1: 6:43am On Dec 20, 2010
too late still
Re: Too Late: I Wish Nzeogwu’s Coup Had Succeeded –bakare by nwabobo: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
Good morning Pastor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teacher Involved In Sex Romp With Student On Her First Day. / There Is No Igbo Score In Buhari's "Computer Print Out" Why?(picture) / Did Anyone See Buhari Walking Into The White House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.