Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited (55289 Views)

Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations / Warning- Death Due To Smoking Is Also SUICIDE!!! This Is Why. / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by farem: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
Papiikush:
Smoking is now illegal in a bar?
Of this is true then the country is a joke
So you don't consider a bar a public place?

What do you think is the purpose of a bar: where chimneys gather?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Abfinest007(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nigeria law is too weak for the rich and to strong for the poor believe me rich man will break d law nothing will happen but if d poor try it he will die in prison
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by KKKWHITE(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
SlyIg:
And in the other room!
Also prohibited there

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by hatchy(f): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Them wan even make laws to kill the joys of the common man
The joy of the common man is smoking cigarettes? Just listen to yourself my dear.
Nigerians are very difficult people to manage.We like to do things upside down and that is why things that work in other countries don't work here.
In Nigeria people trade on the railway lines,people defecate in the open without minding,we don't use designated places like bus stop,in places like port Harcourt,taxis are not painted for easy identification,safety and uniformity. When ever government decides to enforce these rules we are the first to shout that government doesn't consider the poor masses. How can one risk his life trading on the highway, rail lines,not using seat belts,lifebouy jackets in places of water transport yet we blame government when avoidable disaster happen.

I don't know why the British gave us independent in a hurry a left because we were never ripe to govern ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm At least, Nigerians are now thinking right I so much second
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Cmanforall: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
Papiikush:

I would assume the ban in a bar, is limited to the open space. Every bar should ideally have a smoking area (room).
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by CloudResident(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
Thank God, dem no mention car grin
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by SmartMugu: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
12inches1:
In the U. S people don't smoke inside the bars. They step outside to smoke which should be the right thing to do except the bar is an open air bar. You don't want to smoke and disturb other people because ure not the only person in the bar. To enforce it they don't need to arrest anybody. Just enforce bars put no smoking signs in the sitting areas and entrance and close down bars that don't comply. The bars will enforce it themselves.
The boldened isn't true for all the states in the US. Only a few state have that law, several bars allow smoking.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by iammolise(m): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
The popoz will use this one as a reference point to disturb and to exploit people now, but, then a gain, I like the idea( I hate the stench of anything smoke ehhn)... I think now that it's into law, junkies'll excuse themselves whenever they wanna waste them lungs. But wait a minute, they mentioned just tobacco, what about,, IGBO!.. (marijuana)
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by PREBuhari2019: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
How will Tobi survive this?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by dabossman(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
MediumStout:

What about road users who drive useless cars emitting high carbons?

Do you consider people who don't like the sound and smoke before putting on your generator?

Hypocrite

Yes, all of that too should be addressed. Smoking vehicles, factories emitting smoke and noise pollution from generators, churches and mosques. Would you say we should not make laws on kidnapping because we have not fully tackled armed robbery, rape and other wrongs?

Your argument doesn't add up. Plus, I don't run my generator through the night by choice because I respect the tranquility of the night when folks need to sleep. I'm considerate like that
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by iammolise(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
hatchy:
The joy of the common man is smoking cigarettes? Just listen to yourself my dear.
Nigerians are very difficult people to manage.We like to do things upside down and that is why things that work in other countries don't work here.
In Nigeria people trade on the railway lines,people defecate in the open without minding,we don't use designated places like bus stop,in places like port Harcourt,taxis are not painted for easy identification,safety and uniformity. When ever government decides to enforce these rules we are the first to shout that government doesn't consider the poor masses. How can one risk his life trading on the highway, rail lines,not using seat belts,lifebouy jackets in places of water transport yet we blame government when avoidable disaster happen.

I don't know why the British gave us independent in a hurry a left because we were never ripe to govern ourselves.

Very true Bro... If there's one thing Nigeria is good at it's that anything that gets here takes a different turn entirely. We're very good at that one.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by francisbiz: 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
Franchise21:
I dey tells u... where person wan kush again?
[b]The fact say ee surprise me say them include bar for the list, no mean say Idea smoke ..
I stopped smoking because :

It increases the pain and discomfort one gets in any sickness at all, the malaria of a smoker is different from the malaria of a non smoker.

Smoking makes waking up in the morning very stressful; ee go be like say them pour Sansa inside my throat.

Smoking gives offensive odour , especially when it mixes with sweat; if you com spray cheap peff join am, you are on ur own.

Smoking attracts social stigma, even when you are in a bar; you go hear stuff like -"abeg control this tin we you dey blow ".
Smokers are easily made suspects of any misdemeanor, secretly or openly.

I gave up finally when I became a Christian in spirit and in faith: Yet, I don't think Bible condemned smoking. (If it did teach me please)
Strictly as it affected me.

The only thing I miss is the posing and swag I got or I think that I got when holding cigarette with two fingers, and the nostalgic feeling I got while smoking at the balcony, alone between 00:00 hr and 01:30 hrs.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by clemzy4christ: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
50% of Nigeria police men smoke, so who will arrests who?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by hadaydhollarpo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
what sh*t from a weed smoker! What kinda joy do one derive from smoking? Smoking because of recession? Then you are a joke. U gotta repent because Jesus is the only One to give you Joy that never fail.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by bitcoinvin(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

lol..
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Mightyraw(m): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Which crackhead put restaurant /bar in that list
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Rhoteabarca(m): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Gud move by d FG. We don't want smokers to die young again!!! We love them...
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Okanokan(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
Also name places where smokers can smoke because by literal interpretation everywhere and anywhere is a public place. Segregative law.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by feelgoodInc: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
guys read
is this the Fulani herdsmen or the boko Haram or the corruption that they are supposed to tackle?
and now they attack smokers, one of the most peaceful and classy people in the country. please read here we need to stop this government menace.

https://www.nairaland.com/3844234/why-should-start-smoking
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
MediumStout:
If i can't smoke inna the bar where else should we smoke? Inside bus or for church? Misplaced priorities

Most idiots condemning smokers on this thread won't hesitate to apply if BAT advertises vacancies. They condemn smoking but wish to earn decent salaries from working in a tobacco manufacturing company. Hypocrites
Isn't ironic that the federal ministry of health warns that smoker are liable to die young yet we have some persons smoking thereby digging their grave. If there were enough industries would any reasonable person apply to such companies that kill young people?
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by excanny: 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Smoking igbo?
Yes. All kinds of smoking.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by PDPGuy: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Papiikush:
It's not an unusual law though. Many jurisdictions in Europe and the US have a similar prohibition on smoking in bars/restaurants.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by FAT17(f): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
so we can smoke in aso rock and other government houses because is not on the list not to smoke the
re.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by FAT17(f): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
so we can smoke in aso rock and other government houses because is not on the list not to smoke there
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Lincoln275(m): 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
naija police go b like . u r under arrest for smoking inside Iya kudi bar palour
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Gkemz: 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
Placing a restriction on smoking in restaurants and bars is like saying an impossible..
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Percychinaza(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
I dont do smoke bro
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by plessis: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
Even to relax again na crime....

These people just wan completely finish us
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by bigtt76(f): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Government owned bar naaaa grin

Papiikush:
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by Papiikush: 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
bigtt76:
Government owned bar naaaa grin
I feel they should ban importation of cigarettes instead of arresting smokers. Go for the source.
Re: Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited by nkemjacob2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
FG just dey fyn money anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend Has Given Me HIV / OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / 245 New COVID-19 Cases, 100 Discharged And 10 Deaths On May 22 - (1421 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.