Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. (13037 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Reveals Nigerians Oil Cabal That Kidnapped Her 83yrs Mum / Buhari Will Win - NOI Polls / It's Time For Middle Belt To Produce The Next President, Sen Jang Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by tomdon(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Performance is not about age
An older person who is not compromised will do better because of experience

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by Wallade(m): 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
NOI Polls is not really credible. Besides, polls don't determine the elections often times.
Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by alanka(f): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nonsense.

It was like 3 Sundays ago, I decided to go somewhere to charge my phone as I was there just charting with young men around me another young guy came lamenting, " I am tired of this country, when are we going to get better in this country? what nonsense is this..." I exercised some patience after his lamentation I gently said brother change and Nigeria are like underworld and blackhole in the universe bros, I beg waiting happened?

He said this people who are contesting for local government political offices are killing each other. NA SO I OPEN MY MOUTH TO ITS WIDEST. I asked what do you mean and how do you know? He said the Admirers of one party candidate killed admirers of another party and they retaliated leading to 3 people being killed. Na so I opened my mouth wider again...i closed it when i started filling that it don dey tear.

I know all this people. I see their posters everywhere they are in their 30s and early 40s.

I said to myself that so, these are future leaders they are talking about? So, these are the people shouting our leaders are bad, they are too old, they should leave the politics for the young people, so these are the young people glamouring for power. It is a pity for this country.

Many of the young people have become kidnappers, prostitutes, thieves, armed robbers, ritualists etc. Yet you think this country has future. NO IT DOES NOT HAVE FUTURE THEY HAVE EATEN ITS FUTURE IN THE PAST.

3 Likes

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by Sonoyom(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
story
Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by LordKO(m): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nonsense! As far as I'm concerned, the right question is; who will lead better? Tribe and age group - so long as the person has experienced self-realization, is formally educated up to secondary school level, is intelligent, in good health and currently informed - don't matter.

Also, such a person must have a prove of success in his life pursuits and not forgetting that he must be of the diplomatic ethical leanings. More so, that person must volitionally show interest to serve the nation. The era of someone saying that he's conscripted into a race should be put a stop to henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by LilTyRoNe: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
When i read this 4 page textbook ontop i was really convinced that some people are really zombies before you were screaming buhari 2019 and anybody that says the truth against him is an ipod and terrorist but now you want a youth president i laugh in Austrian you started it and you must finish it.
If only northerners agree with you.

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by Bowwow11(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
if only those old politicians wil allow this advocacy to see the living light of the day

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by ebby9z(m): 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
I believe we should not hinge the credentials on age. I believe we should focus on track records, education and strategy. We must ask candidates deep questions that only a prepared candidate would have answers to. And presidential debates MUST be respected and attended by candidates. We should not have cases of people shunning debates.
Hmmm...we should not vote for old men like Buhari tho.

3 Likes

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by mayoor15(m): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Celcius:
Mehn...this one is hard. Really dicey. Nice arguments y'all are making.
Donald Duke was governor of Crossriver in his late 30 and performed exceptionally well. Bukola Saraki also did his bit for Kwara State then as a youthful governor.
But sincerely the same cannot be said of Yahaya Bello of Kogi State right now.
In any case, me won't vote any 55+ year old laggard for president.
What is this one saying, you mean bukola saraki milked kwara dry as a youthful governor cos I don't get you, he has been a curse to kwara state more than anything good he has ever done in his life.

3 Likes

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
What is this balderash about youthful president please when 90 percent of our presidents ruled us in their youth with a very youthful cabinet from Azikiwe to Gowon ..our problem doesn't have anything to do with age but the lack of leaders with selfless vision
People were not enlightened in time of Azikiwe and Gowon, there were no tools for enlargement. If you don't have what it's takes to rule Nigeria as leader of tomorrow(2019) just don't say what will discouraging other capable and youths with integrity to aspire for 2019 presidency. Think positively about your fellow youths irrespective of regions and religious and political affiliation.

#peace
#TheYoungFor2019President.

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by SalamRushdie: 8:51am On Jun 18, 2017
Jolar101:

People were not enlightened in time of Azikiwe and Gowon, there were no tools for enlargement. If you don't have what it's takes to rule Nigeria as leader of tomorrow(2019) just don't say what will discouraging other capable and youths with integrity to aspire for 2019 presidency. Think positively about your fellow youths irrespective of regions and religious and political affiliation.

#peace
#TheYoungFor2019President.

See how wrongly you have interpreted my comment and yet you believe you are a youth "that has what it takes" .. let's pray for a visionary leader no matter want age group he or she comes from that's all meanwhile can you tell the 40 year old governor in Kogi state to improve

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

See how wrongly you have interpreted my comment and yet you believe you are a youth "that has what it takes" .. let's pray for a visionary leader no matter want age group he or she comes from that's all meanwhile can you tell the 40 year old governor in Kogi state to improve
That of Kogi screwed. And his screwed must be treated. Our problems are INEC chairman and officials who lack integrity and self discipline to say No to bribes from corrupt politicians.

Any youths who fail to perform under four years is to vote him/her out and vote in another youths as older politicians have been voted in and out.

Check out those in government today, are there not older politicians who ruled as head of states/governors and various positions with failed governance/records?

Let give a chance to others.

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by YaksonFCA(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2017
What is my business with age when a 41 years old Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State can't pay salaries ?

1 Like

Re: NOI Poll Reveals Nigerians’ Choice For Middle-aged Candidates In 2019. by MrCEO69(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
mars123:
Most of our leaders in the military era were around 30-40. I would really love to see this age range as leaders in the 4th republic.

How old was Jonathan when he became president anyway? He was quite young and vibrant. Didn't stop him from being a clueless dunce.

Age right now is a diversion. We need a president who has enviable qualifications and is really ready for the very tasking job.

Is it a crime as a candidate to already have some of your ministers stating their plans during campaigns?? It shows preparedness which is a very outstanding quality in this sort of thing.

LIKe BUhari right

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / 'You Are The Cause Of APC Crises In Rivers' - Wike To Amaechi / Use Your Second Term To Re-unite Nigerians, EU Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.