Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

This Is My Problem With Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is My Problem With Nigeria. (1189 Views)

Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari / I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift / Amaechi Reveals Cause Of His Problem With Goodluck Jonathan, Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by sorom4: 3:18am On Jun 18, 2017
THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA.
===============
Two kids were born August 31st, 1980, one in Kano (Jubril) another in Enugu (Emeka). They got to primary school in those areas and got to Primary 6, now the twist begins.
They both took Federal Common Entrance, Emeka scored 168/200 and Jubril 16/200. For some silly quota system, they both ended up in the same class at Federal Government College, Enugu (FGCE). Emeka continues to come 1st-3rd in the class of 30 and Jubril 25-29th/30. 6 years later, WASCE and JAMB were taken. Emeka had 6As and 2Cs (WASCE) and 286/400 (JAMB) while Jubril had 5Cs and 2Ps and 106/400 in JAMB. Again by a warped and weird stroke they ended up in the same Law Faculty in University of Nigeria, Enugu campus.
5years later Emeka graduated with 2-1 and Jibril with a Pass! Emeka is done with Law school at Abuja - No Job after NYSC. Jubril as soon as he gets out of Abuja Law school then one year NYSC gets a job as a Magistrate at the Federal Magistrate Court Abuja, 2 years later he is promoted as a Judge.
Emeka still struggling, decides to join some Trio Igbo Law outfit in Abuja as a junior lawyer. 5 years later he is still carrying files and coming to defend low level cases at Jubril's court.
Now, you are Emeka or Emeka's relative, kit and kin, will you want Nigeria to continue like this. No way! That's the problem with Nigeria as it is. It's strongly skewed to the advantage of a particular ethnic group in Nigeria and cannot continue. Plain and Simple!!!!
Then one day Emeka finds his way to Canada or England, he immediately thrills them with his brilliance and in less than 5 years he becomes a full fledged Professor. That's what Nigeria is doing to the Igbos.
~~Dr. Val Ozoigbo

7 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by HiddenShadow: 3:31am On Jun 18, 2017
That is why a laugh at those born throways who think our genuine agitation will fail

Biafra has risen and never to fall again

3 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by NothingDoMe: 3:35am On Jun 18, 2017
And that's how less qualified people are running Nigeria into the ground. People who have nothing to offer than bigotry and nepotism.

The Zoo must fall.

4 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Outofsync(m): 3:37am On Jun 18, 2017
I highly doubt that if Jubril didn't have what it takes, he would have graduated from Uni.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:23am On Jun 18, 2017
Someone pls lend me that "is that all" meme the one of that referee
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 18, 2017
like seriously..... I don't blame the OP, I blame the two blind mice above me ( the first two commenters ).

pls, what is the correlation between the state of the nation and this stewpeed analogy?
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by hodusglobal(m): 5:02am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:
like seriously..... I don't blame the OP, I blame the two blind mice above me ( the first two commenters ).

pls, what is the correlation between the state of the nation and this stewpeed analogy?
That is how it is in the Northern parts of Nigeria. There are still some states over there that they are always begging them before they go to school.

2 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by obyrich(m): 5:20am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

All the OP stated is the truth about Nigeria. A reality, staring every one in the face.

2 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by awonwerey: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
Someone pls lend me that "is that all" meme the one of that referee

1 Like

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by EmekaMD(m): 5:37am On Jun 18, 2017
Now Ur Emeka in ur Analogy is even lucky enough..

Some Emekas who got 150 in Unity school exams did not get admitted while the Jubrils with 6 and 10 ended up getting admitted (all in the name of quota system).

Now how do u explain this to Emeka if he was ur 14years old child who was sad because he didn't get admitted whereas he's classmates Jubril who he has always been better than in class (and still scored higher mark than in the entrance exam) got admitted but he didn't?

How do u convince him that he's not a second citizen in Jubril's Nigeria?

You will never understand what it feels like if you've never been Igbo before in Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2017
hodusglobal:
That is how it is in the Northern parts of Nigeria. There are still some states over there that they are always begging them before they go to school.

see, I clearly understand what the op is depicting, he's trying to portray a notion that the northern part of the country has huge benefits than other parts of the nation! and not the educational story.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 18, 2017
obyrich:
All the OP stated is the truth about Nigeria. A reality, staring every one in the face.

it may be true......but, u need to know that it depends on how u see it.

if u're seeing positive, so be it...... if u're seeing negative, so be it too.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Amberon11: 5:51am On Jun 18, 2017
That is what Nigeria is doing to everyone who isn't a northerner, not only you Igbos. Don't play solo victims
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Amberon11:
That is what Nigeria is doing to everyone who isn't a northerner, not so you Igbo's. Don't play solo victims

u can say that again...........
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Mcsteamy1429: 6:01am On Jun 18, 2017
Why does this feel like a Nnamdi Kanu sponsored post??...ibos be plotting like Jon snow and his cohorts
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by obyrich(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

Be sincere with yourself, are you comfortable and proud with Nigeria as it is being run today?

2 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by obyrich(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

Be sincere with yourself, are you comfortable and proud of Nigeria as it is being run today?
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 18, 2017
obyrich:
Be sincere with yourself, are you comfortable and proud with Nigeria as it is being run today?

see, I'm proud to be a Nigerian irrespective of what the odds may be.

what u people don't know is that if the road is not rough, it can never become smooth. just as ur signature says " the Egyptians u see today, u shall see them no more " cool. what people don't know is that no matter how good or bad the country may be; it is still our home.

do u think Nigeria is the only country with problems in the world? c'mon, tell me.

yes, the country is not doing fine but it doesn't warrant us to castigate each other as if we are the root of the problem.

lets learn to live in one accord despite our differences and with time; everything's gonna be fine. thank God for this awareness.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by 9jayes: 6:51am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

u can say that again...........
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by obyrich(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

see, I'm proud to be a Nigerian irrespective of what the odds may be.

what u people don't know is that if the road is not rough, it can never become smooth. just as ur signature says " the Egyptians u see today, u shall see them no more " cool. what people don't know is that no matter how good or bad the country may be; it is still our home.

do u think Nigeria is the only country with problems in the world? c'mon, tell me.

yes, the country is not doing fine but it doesn't warrant us to castigate each other as if we are the root of the problem.

lets learn to live in one accord despite our differences and with time; everything's gonna be fine. thank God for this awareness.
You do not love Nigeria more than most people agitating for separation. Many of them have sacrificed their all to make it work. A country where injustice and double standard is the other of the day is doomed to destruction.

Nigeria is not the only country facing challenges. However we seem to be more interested in sitting quiet in our mess and pretending all is well while the wound festers.

May I ask you, where is your president? On a sick bed in far away UK? Where are the children of the religious and political elites of your country schooling? In Ivy league schools in Europe and America?

Where do the well to do people in your country spend their holidays? In choice cities around the world except any in Nigeria.

It is an acceptable norm to pass off Nigerian graduates as unemployable even when millions of them are already working and gaining admission to further their studies abroad with the roundly condemned degrees (by our leaders) as worthless just so they can create better competitive edge for their children over the poor mans child in the labour market.

You may resign to fate and wait for God to take care of your problems but you cannot muzzle everyone into silence in the face of tyranny and injustice.

As for my signature, the promise was made to the isrealites after they raised their voices to cry to God against the oppression of pharoah. They made a move to leave Egypt to a better place promised them by God. You know the outcome of the attempt pharoah made to hinder their freedom which was the manifestation of my signature.

Same thing is going to happen to all that constitute themselves into stumbling blocks in the quest for justice and equity.

5 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Okoroawusa: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2017
I took time to read ur comment...ur comment is nationalistic in nature while the OP analogy is tribalistic.
there is no one tribe getting it better in this country so we igbos should stop this marginalization rants.one day EVANS d kidnapper will come n shout marginalization,afterall,he is igbo.
both emeka n jibril n marginalized by d political elite n d political elites holding us down r not from one tribe in nigeria.
BTW,help me ask d OP how jibril got admitted to read law in UNN wit a score of 106 in JAMB?
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2017
imagine someone saying..it does not apply to only igbos.. nawao..

so make person no talk..

i weak for nigeria... no way to Damascus.

some people are hell bent on keeping others down.. while some enjoy being slaves and pulling others down.

Funny countrymen.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 18, 2017
obyrich:
You do not love Nigeria more than most people agitating for separation. Many of them have sacrificed their all to make it work. A country where injustice and double standard is the other of the day is doomed to destruction.

Nigeria is not the only country facing challenges. However we seem to be more interested in sitting quiet in our mess and pretending all is well while the wound festers.

May I ask you, where is your president? On a sick bed in far away UK? Where are the children of the religious and political elites of your country schooling? In Ivy league schools in Europe and America?

Where do the well to do people in your country spend their holidays? In choice cities around the world except any in Nigeria.

It is an acceptable norm to pass off Nigerian graduates as unemployable even when millions of them are already working and gaining admission to further their studies abroad with the roundly condemned degrees (by our leaders) as worthless just so they can create better competitive edge for their children over the poor mans child in the labour market.

You may resign to fate and wait for God to take care of your problems but you cannot muzzle everyone into silence in the face of tyranny and injustice

As for my signature, the promise was made to the isrealites after they raised their voices to cry to God against the oppression of pharoah. They made a move to leave Egypt to a better place promised them by God. You know the outcome of the attempt pharoah made to hinder their freedom which was the manifestation of my signature.

Same thing is going to happen to all that constitute themselves into stumbling blocks in the quest for justice and equity.

very good one............nice one!

u might have gotten me wrong, I'm not against those agitating for separation...u see, those emboldened statements doesn't happen in Nigeria only, corruption actually exhibits itself in most African countries. if we're channeling our agitation toward fighting corruption, it would have been a diff case entirely.

its like we're fight a good course on a wrong pedestal.

what I see is that we the youths are actually fighting tribalism instead of corruption...... which is not the way forward.

if I may ask...If Biafra comes, is it not the same set of people running Nigeria that will or may run Biafra? are u sure it will be better than Nigeria the zoo or whatever they call it? why plunge into a life of uncertainty when not pursued?
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Terkimbi01: 8:19am On Jun 18, 2017
What is quota system?

Quota system a Nigeria system whereby the eagles are caged so they cannot fly, while the chickens are placed on top of choppers.

The chickens then get the illusion of flying high while the eagles stay below to watch and whine.

I hereby, command every caged eagle, break loose and damn the consequences.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by obyrich(m): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:
What is quota system?

Quota system a Nigeria system whereby the eagles are caged so they cannot fly, while the chickens are placed on top of choppers.

The chickens then get the illusion of flying high while the eagles stay below to watch and whine.

Very apt illustration.

3 Likes

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by DeepLearning: 10:07am On Jun 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:
What is quota system?

The truth is the chicken will never learn to fly unless you let it loose and its survival is dependent only on its ability to fly high.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Terkimbi01: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
DeepLearning:

The truth is the chicken will never learn to fly unless you let it loose and its survival is dependent only on its ability to fly high.

What if the chicken prefers the illusion and is ready to fight and kill anyone who dares to change the stays quo?
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by GrandGarcon: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
shervydman:

very good one............nice one!

u might have gotten me wrong, I'm not against those agitating for separation...u see, those emboldened statements doesn't happen in Nigeria only, corruption actually exhibits itself in most African countries. if we're channeling our agitation toward fighting corruption, it would have been a diff case entirely.

its like we're fight a good course on a wrong pedestal.

what I see is that we the youths are actually fighting tribalism instead of corruption...... which is not the way forward.

if I may ask...If Biafra comes, is it not the same set of people running Nigeria that will or may run Biafra? are u sure it will be better than Nigeria the zoo or whatever they call it? why plunge into a life of uncertainty when not pursued?

if You want to know what know what corruption is like, go to Brazil, corruption is now is a symptom not the main problem.
Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by Terkimbi01: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
DeepLearning:

Remove quota system, and see the chicken muster energy to fly.

without quota system, the eagle will, the chicken will also fly.

1 Like

Re: This Is My Problem With Nigeria. by anykProperties: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:

Remove quota system, and see the chicken muster energy to fly.

without quota system, the eagle will, the chicken will also fly.

Quota system is actually one of the greatest evil killing this country.

I once watched one northern senator, addressing journalists and I wept. The man barely expressed himself and he was a law maker.

The major reason students from the north don't bother to work hard, academically is because they know that irrespective of how poor their performance is, quota system must see them placed in high offices. At such. what is essence of working hard?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Will Be Islamized – By Henry Okelue / Breaking News: INEC Suspend Dino Melaye's Recall(photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Who Will Take Over In Anambra After Boycott Of November 18 G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.