Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary (15907 Views)

Femi Odekunle: Malami's Power Block Doesn't Support Buhari Anti-Corruption Fight / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ubaobi: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
We are in deep mess in this country.... Now is see why someone i know calls Nigeria a zoo
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Saintp(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
The president lost the anti corruption war when it became a political corruption war. If he fought it genuinely, he would have made head way.
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ajebuter(f): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
luvinhubby:
This is the most confused administration in the history of this nation.

ln the entire 21st century sef...
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ajebuter(f): 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
elmessiahs:
I heard buhari is chainsmoker,thats why he is sick

Most Hausa elites don't drink (at least not openly) but smoke like chimney..

Just like Arabs...they are chronic smokers..
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ajebuter(f): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
Seriously.... .. Who corruption fight epp?
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ehissi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
T
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by AustineE1: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nice one from pyrates,contributing meaningfully to the nation.
But govt must make sure they dont adopt any extra-judiciary means in tackling corruption,due process must be followed,this is democracy and the right precedent must be set,to avoid conflict. Prof. Sagay sounds too extreme in his submission.
The necessary institutions should be strengthened as that of other advance democracy and things will fall into place.
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by CoolOg: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
[quote author=Lifestone post=57619366]But seriously these guys should advise themselves since they are part of the anticorruption team. They should not rely on help from the Judiciary, rather do proper investigation and less of media trial.
If proper investigation is done, they can appeal any judgement that is political.
To me, these two guys are trying to blames other for a failure they share blames[/quote/]

The last paragraph answered your last paragraph. "Odekunle added, “So, all this arrangee between the judiciary, the legislators, and people are saying, ‘We don’t want the APC to be destroyed, Saraki is our own, let us settle our own, party supremacy is better’, we must moderate that.”

What can they do, when people that sent them work are holding their hands. It just simply means the presidency wanted us to know the panel is existing but they should just be chilling with their allowances and leave the known criminals that ported to Apc as new being and old things are gone.
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by kenny987(f): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
You're so funny. You knew he had no clue about how to fight corruption and yet u supported him. This is exactly what you wanted so why do u keep wailing and forming dispassionate critique?
doctokwus:
It became apparent early in his govt,that Buhari:
(1)For 12years wanted to fight corruption if he got power,but never had a clue or plan on how to go about it.
(2)Wen he finally ascended office,having no plan or clue on how to go about it,went about it the cheapest way any planless,clueless man wud;probing SELECT members of the IMMEDIATE PAST GOVT ONLY.
As soon as a test of a true anticorruption fight was presented before him,with massive,proven allegations,against family,cabal,associate,appointees & party members,as with everything built on planlessness,cluelessness and clannishness,he feigned blind,deaf& dumb to d revelations of d facts &figures.
What we now see are that d likes of Magu,Sagay & a few others who bought into d anticorruption ideals,with great enthusiasm,dedication and passion,thinking PMB meant business,are now looking like isolated,abandoned fools.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by elbinmanny(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
cheesy trying so hard to exonerate the certificateless econimic dullard . who is Buhari? who is the presidency?

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by nanaski: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Na today ?

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by dipson8701(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
luvinhubby:

laptop 4 sale: 08167042120
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by steve6: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
gbegemaster:
Judges 21:25 In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.

Happy Sunday.

This got me laughing cheesy
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by steve6: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
gbegemaster:

Happy Sunday.

This got me laughing grin
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Kay17: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
Saintp:
The president lost the anti corruption war when it became a political corruption war. If he fought it genuinely, he would have made head way.

What does a genuine fight against corruption mean? Was he prosecuting and locking up innocent people for crimes they didn't commit or he is not throwing an equal proportion of his party adherents under the bus as well?
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Kay17: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
aolawale025:
I see the case of Patience Jonathan as a witch hunt. How can the agencies overlook the numerous cases of elected officials and go after the lady? Did she hold any government office where it has been ascertained that funds were missing? Some former first ladies have built universities, some ex governors have private jets. Where are they not seeking forfeiture of those as well?

I don't understand your reasoning. A parallel of your reasoning is saying not one single armed robber should be prosecuted until every other armed robber is caught. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Besides the first lady had that much money without a job. It is clear that it must be the proceeds of corruption

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by hush15: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
aolawale025:
I see the case of Patience Jonathan as a witch hunt. How can the agencies overlook the numerous cases of elected officials and go after the lady? Did she hold any government office where it has been ascertained that funds were missing? Some former first ladies have built universities, some ex governors have private jets. Where are they not seeking forfeiture of those as well?

I couldn't have put it better. Obasanjo has a presidential library and educational institutions of which a present governor has spoken how they are mandated to give for it.

We also have a former vice president who owns another university, and many former governors who use state resources for personal aggrandizement yet EFCC only has eyes on mama peace assets. It's all about the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by doctokwus: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
kenny987:
You're so funny. You knew he had no clue about how to fight corruption and yet u supported him. This is exactly what you wanted so why do u keep wailing and forming dispassionate critique?
The day u wud understand,just know u av left adolescence to ladyship.As long as u remain an adolescent,understanding my post wud too much for u to process.
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by lubaabu: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
IPOB welldone
okosodo:
Buhari cannot fight corruption. Those coming to equity must come with clean hands
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Kay17: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
hush15:

I couldn't have put it better. Obasanjo has a presidential library and educational institutions of which a present governor has spoken how they are mandated to give for it.

We also have a former vice president who owns another university, and many former governors who use state resources for personal aggrandizement yet EFCC only has eyes on mama peace assets. It's all about the opposition.

This is not a valid criticism.
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Annie939(f): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
where's Nigeria President?
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by ofuonyebi: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
The PAACA Chairman should NOT talk like a baby. He was appointed to help berry corruption.

He should NOT pass bulk BUT help his master and the APC government to come up with a novel

idea OR strategy to fight the scourge of corruption.

One day, I will let the whole world know here that Buhari was never the author of

"IF you don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria!"

The President borrowed it from my published works...
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by okosodo: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
lubaabu:
IPOB welldone
Anyone that does not accept stupidity is termed ipob
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by glad7: 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
As long as corrupt elements in judi-sharing, legis-looters and exe-caution remain at the corridors of power, Nigeria will never be corrupt-free. For sure, all the bad eggs are united in the looting and sharing of the nation's common wealth. And the lowly remained disunited in their misery.
God save the people!
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by geronimoedeh1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
Excuses and excuses...the blame game continues. Now its the turn of the judiciary...the past administration of president Goodluck Jonathan will have a momentary relief now because it seems the blame-armed ballistic missile have been temporarily redirected...
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by tuscani: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
Buhari himself should be in jail for using fake o level
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by bluecircle470: 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
luvinhubby:

I disagree. This is a government that those in it tells themselves the blunt truth and not like d past "government of deceit"
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by luvinhubby(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
bluecircle470:

I disagree. This is a government that those in it tells themselves the blunt truth and not like d past "government of deceit"

And they have not told us & themselves what is wrong with their president and the state of his health.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by kenny987(f): 12:36am On Jun 19, 2017
doctokwus:

The day u wud understand,just know u av left adolescence to ladyship.As long as u remain an adolescent,understanding my post wud too much for u to process.

Accept your folly and how badly you goofed! You and ur kind are responsible for the madness we see today cos y'all were warned but it was Buhari or nothing like there were no other candidates apart from APC and PDP. Y'all were warned but u blinded yourselves to obvious red flags.
Your attempt to appear superior falls flat and of course it's DOA. Try harder...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Daboomb: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Who is the presidency?

The "Presidency" is NOT a person! angry angry

It is made up of members of the Executive Arm of Govt (and their immediate staff) who work directly in Aso Rock, under the direct influence of the President and his own personal staff
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by Daboomb: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2017
Kay17:

I don't understand your reasoning. A parallel of your reasoning is saying not one single armed robber should be prosecuted until every other armed robber is caught. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Besides the first lady had that much money without a job. It is clear that it must be the proceeds of corruption

That is exactly how these things from that side reason!
They see every issue in terms of "We Vs. Them".
That is why they produce majority of the "Evans the Kidnapper and Drug pushers" in Nigeria
Re: Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2017
gbegemaster:

Happy Sunday.

wisdom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week / Fayose: I Will Defeat Tinubu As APC Candidate If PDP Fields Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.