Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Could South Africa Have Developed? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Could South Africa Have Developed? (2264 Views)

Top 5 Most Developed Countries In Africa / South Africa, The African Nation W/ The Most Developed Economy, Is In Recession. / Jacob Zuma Backs Mugabe’s Opinion Of A Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could South Africa Have Developed? by Kingbabu: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Just wondering and thinking about African leaders' mentality and the slow pace of our development.If the white minority rule didn't take place,could South Africa have developed to this level it is now?Don't quote me as supporting apartheid ooo
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by sunnysunny69(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2017
They would have been like their southern brothers eg Malawi or maybe Congo as South Africa has a lot of resources.
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by AntiWailer: 7:55am On Jun 18, 2017
Kingbabu:
Just wondering and thinking about African leaders' mentality and the slow pace of our development.If the white minority rule didn't take place,could South Africa have developed to this level it is now?Don't quote me as supporting apartheid ooo

What south Africa enjoyed is the long white rule.

The blacks there were clueless and lazy and that is still the case till tommorow.

I always believed all the infrastructure in place are not reversible but Zuma's cluelessness is legendary
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Yoshy: 7:58am On Jun 18, 2017
I have really thought about this severally, but I couldn't help but arrive at the same conclusion as the OP
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
There are already 1000000000 threads with a title similar to this one
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Rossikki: 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kingbabu:

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO SHALLOW AND THOUGHTLESS. BECAUSE YOU DON'T RESEARCH OR STUDY.

African underdevelopment is not about ''African leaders' mentality''. 80% of nations on earth are developing nations. India has more poor people than Africa.

http://www.primepost.in/more-poor-in-india-than-africa/

Many parts of South east Asia and Latin America are as poor as the poorest parts of Africa. Is this also because of the ''Asian leaders' mentality'', or ''Latin American leaders' mentality''? Go and study the causes of underdevelopment, and the historical, geographic and socio-political dimensions to it. Google it. There are research papers aplenty if that is your area of interest. Why is South Africa more developed than the rest of Africa? Go and research their history. The details are not hidden.

Stop seeking easy, lazy answers to complex issues. ''Oh it was white people. That is why...''....... ''Oh it was black people. That is why.....''

I mean, you went to school. You are educated. What is the point of your education if you cannot reason or theorize beyond the level of two year olds?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Rossikki: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
AntiWailer:

The blacks there were clueless and lazy and that is still the case till tommorow.

I always believed all the infrastructure in place are not reversible but Zuma's cluelessness is legendary

You are grossly ignorant and miseducated.

Firstly, South Africa and the rest of Africa, including Nigeria, ''enjoyed'' virtually the same length of white rule, give or take a couple of decades. Theoretically, every part of Africa should be as developed as South Africa. The reason this was not the case, is European corruption and greed.

The Europeans in the 19th century, were in the midst of their Industrial Revolution. They then sent colonists to South Africa at the time. These colonists brought all the new knowledge of the Industrial Revolution to South Africa, which they basically made THEIR country. They built up South Africa just as if it was a European state, because they were many European settlers who moved there. Thus from the 1870s they started to build universities, engineering institutes, and European standard infrastructure. The country's export proceeds from gold and other minerals, were re-invested in the local economy, and used to build up the country. Such that by the 1940s, South Africa was virtually a developed and industrialised country.

Now, in the rest of Africa, the Europeans were similarly present from the late 19th century, including in Nigeria. The difference in their conduct in those territories was clear. They were no European settlers in those countries, and so the whites simply decided to EXPLOIT those nations, including Nigeria. They built near-zero infrastructure, and the bulk of export proceeds from our coal, palm oil, groundnuts, cocoa, tin, rubber, iron ore, etc, was firmly deposited in London, Paris, Brussels etc.

IT IS THE REASON EUROPE IS SO RICH TODAY. They exploited those colonies ruthlessly for nearly a century, taking and taking and taking, and putting nothing back. At independence in 1960, Nigeria had not ONE university. Not ONE major power plant. Not ONE expressway. Not ONE major hospital. Not ONE stadium. Literacy rate was under 10% at independence. Malnutrition was rife. All this after nearly 100 years of uninterrupted white rule and export of our resources. They basically came to rob us blind, and they did. If they had invested just 20% of the income they made back into the colonies, no part of Africa would have been underdeveloped at independence in the 1960s.

So instead of worshiping white people as your gods, study and and know them for what they are, and for what their forbears did on this continent, and learn to checkmate their perfidy and greed.

Nigeria today is 100 times better off than it was under colonial rule. We can be very thankful for black rule, because without that black rule, we would all be illiterate peasants stuck on village farms, just like our grandparents, who suffered total and abject neglect under colonial rule.

It was the post-colonial black African governments that made MASS EDUCATION a priority, and built thousands of schools were none had existed prior.

Our current black leadership are not perfect, but they are ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER than the colonial exploiters.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by DictatorZAR1: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
AntiWailer:

The blacks in Nigeria is still clueless, can't even built 1 standard hospital in your Zoo, to a point where your zoo monger president is a pauper languishing in London. The Pauper you call a President is Legendary in he's absence.

What you fucccckers don't realise that is Apartheid infrastructure was built by blacks, because it was black hands who got dirty. Who the fucccck laid down the bricks and mortar.

You call us lazy yet you lot run away from your Zoo and end up as slaves, instead of building your country.

What can I say the so called giants has for 60 years done nothing for themselves yet they wanna come give judgment on others MYOPIC IRONY INDEED

Stop making thread on SA to try boost your fuuccccking egos.

4 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
AntiWailer:

Do some of you even have brains at all? Just how long will people blame their lack of progress on the absence of white population in their countries?

3 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by AntiWailer: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

The blacks in Nigeria is still clueless, can't even built 1 standard hospital in your Zoo, to a point where your zoo monger president is a pauper languishing in London. The Pauper you call a President is Legendary in he's absence.

What you fucccckers don't realise that is Apartheid infrastructure was built by blacks, because it was black hands who got dirty. Who the fucccck laid down the bricks and mortar.

You call us lazy yet you lot run away from your Zoo and end up as slaves, instead of building your country.

What can I say the so called giants has for 60 years done nothing for themselves yet they wanna come give judgment on others MYOPIC IRONY INDEED

Stop making thread on SA to try boost your fuuccccking egos.

What nonsense are you writing ?

The truth is that the longer any African nation had their independence, the more messed up they are.

Go and do your research.
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Rossikki: 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
AntiWailer:

The truth is that the longer any African nation had their independence, the more messed up they are.

Go and do your research.

You are talking illiterate garbage worthy of the dustbin.

African countries have been better off the LONGER they've been independent. At independence in 1960, Nigeria had ZERO industries. Virtually ZERO infrastructure. No university. An almost completely illiterate population. And less than 2% of the population had access to electricity.

By ALL THESE INDICES, Nigeria has IMPROVED VASTLY, since independence.

So your claim is garbage and holds no water.

4 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Deeldorado: 1:28am On Jun 20, 2017
Rossikki:

You are grossly ignorant and miseducated.

Firstly, South Africa and the rest of Africa, including Nigeria, ''enjoyed'' virtually the same length of white rule, give or take a couple of decades. Theoretically, every part of Africa should be as developed as South Africa. The reason this was not the case, is European corruption and greed.

The Europeans in the 19th century, were in the midst of their Industrial Revolution. They then sent colonists to South Africa at the time. These colonists brought all the new knowledge of the Industrial Revolution to South Africa, which they basically made THEIR country. They built up South Africa just as if it was a European state, because they were many European settlers who moved there. Thus from the 1870s they started to build universities, engineering institutes, and European standard infrastructure. The country's export proceeds from gold and other minerals, were re-invested in the local economy, and used to build up the country. Such that by the 1940s, South Africa was virtually a developed and industrialised country.

Now, in the rest of Africa, the Europeans were similarly present from the late 19th century, including in Nigeria. The difference in their conduct in those territories was clear. They were no European settlers in those countries, and so the whites simply decided to EXPLOIT those nations, including Nigeria. They built near-zero infrastructure, and the bulk of export proceeds from our coal, palm oil, groundnuts, cocoa, tin, rubber, iron ore, etc, was firmly deposited in London, Paris, Brussels etc.

IT IS THE REASON EUROPE IS SO RICH TODAY. They exploited those colonies ruthlessly for nearly a century, taking and taking and taking, and putting nothing back. At independence in 1960, Nigeria had not ONE university. Not ONE major power plant. Not ONE expressway. Not ONE major hospital. Not ONE stadium. Literacy rate was under 10% at independence. Malnutrition was rife. All this after nearly 100 years of uninterrupted white rule and export of our resources. They basically came to rob us blind, and they did. If they had invested just 20% of the income they made back into the colonies, no part of Africa would have been underdeveloped at independence in the 1960s.

So instead of worshiping white people as your gods, study and and know them for what they are, and for what their forbears did on this continent, and learn to checkmate their perfidy and greed.

Nigeria today is 100 times better off than it was under colonial rule. We can be very thankful for black rule, because without that black rule, we would all be illiterate peasants stuck on village farms, just like our grandparents, who suffered total and abject neglect under colonial rule.

It was the post-colonial black African governments that made MASS EDUCATION a priority, and built thousands of schools were none had existed prior.

Our current black leadership are not perfect, but they are ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER than the colonial exploiters.

Bro, you are learned. I concur with you completely. A nice intellectual rendition but next time, don't start out by cursing the ignorant person, just get them educated. Although, I understand it can be a pain in the ass when people on nairaland argue so forcefully in ignorance. A lot of people here don't argue based on historical facts, but their sentiments and what they think.

Unfortunately, before bright minds take their time to comment on topics, the first page would have been filled with people chasing first to comment.
lalasticla, this is a topic that deserves to be thoroughly discussed.

3 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by DictatorZAR1: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2017
AntiWailer:

Go and do your research.

Simpleton go look at Botswana and its development to a middle income nation before you continue with your ignorance.

Go do your research on Southern African development.

2 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by AntiWailer: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Simpleton go look at Botswana and its development to a middle income nation before you continue with your ignorance.

Go do your research on Southern African development.

Botswana is just one of the countries doing things right in Africa. When you take samples , you don't get 1 out of 50 + and scream at ur findings.

Botswana's population is just 2.2million + as at 2015 data. So what nonsense are you saying ?

On South Africa's Development. Infrastructures are in place and the economy is doing fine before Zuma and his clueless team put the country in reverse gear.

I have been to several of those African Countries and can tell you feely that you will do more than screaming ignorance to convince me otherwise.
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2017
AntiWailer:

Botswana is just one of the countries doing things right in Africa. When you take samples , you don't get 1 out of 50 + and scream at ur findings.

Botswana's population is just 2.2million + as at 2015 data. So what nonsense are you saying ?

On South Africa's Development. Infrastructures are in place and the economy is doing fine before Zuma and his clueless team put the country in reverse gear.

I have been to several of those African Countries and can tell you feely that you will do more than screaming ignorance to convince me otherwise.
So Mr Traveler,what's your solution regarding all these problems facing many African countries?

To me it sounds as if you'd prefer the re-colonization of the African continent by Europeans.Is that it? Is that the reason why people like you will never stop making all these redundant threads?

1 Like

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by AntiWailer: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2017
Jayceon:
So Mr Traveler,what's your solution regarding all these problems facing many African countries?

To me it sounds as if you'd prefer the re-colonization of the African continent by Europeans.Is that it? Is that the reason why people like you will never stop making all these redundant threads?

When you make wrong conclusions from a simple post, i honestly can't help.

There is no where i argued that re-colonization is the way forward.

Way Forward remains that African Leaders would wake up from their slumber and the followers should stop condoning corruption in the name of "Our Thief" and "Their Thief"
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by DictatorZAR1: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
AntiWailer:

In Botswana's case it all boils down to a gov committed to the betterment of all its people. I call it simple selfless governance.
Another example of good governance is Mauritius.

On SA infrastructure there are many dynamics at play. Contrary to what many of you think or believe SA has had a major infrastructure back lock at the end of Apartheid, simply because apartheid only catered for its 4m whites. What makes SA different was its Reconstruction and Development policy in the early 1990's that focused on development and integration of former Bantustan or homelands.

The issues of economic decline is only partly due to Zuma policy directives and is more to do with the lack of business confidence, structural economic reforms and poor decision making by state institutions. For example SA opened up its markets to quickly to cheap Chinese and EU subsidised imports while not insuring that it adequately support local industries can compete as equals. This led to los of production capacity that is the leading driver to current employment and economic issues and I mind you this isn't really unique to SA or any other developing country.

There are many issues at play I suggest you use your "well travelled" brain and start thinking about what really makes a country get into situations SA or Nigeria are in at this moment.

1 Like

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Kingbabu: 5:15am On Jun 21, 2017
But many of our leaders leave office or power as they call it richer than some communities leaving the country they ruled in shambles and take their loots to Europe and America
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Lionessza(f): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2017
AntiWailer:

When you make wrong conclusions from a simple post, i honestly can't help.

There is no where i argued that re-colonization is the way forward.

Way Forward remains that African Leaders would wake up from their slumber and the followers should stop condoning corruption in the name of "Our Thief" and "Their Thief"

I always lmfao when you Nigerians make excuses on why your country is underdeveloped, you claim to be smarter than SAns but you always fall behind us in almost every development indice grin. Why is the lazy country always doing better than you? .look up the major infrastructural developments under black leadership in both countries. What do you see? Who do you think is waking up every day to make those roads, those housing developments, those houses for the poor , ? . Who do you think is giving SAns piped water? . Who do you think is building the new power stations? Nigerians? Chinese? grin. Or in your envious mind you think we depend on power stations built during apartheid to accommodate just a few? Lol. Do you even know that SA has the biggest middle class In Africa? For lazy people we sure are doing well for ourselves unlike the "smart" busy bodies who have nothing worthwhile to present to the world. Lazy and clueless? Yet we are forever the ones building better roads even in poor communities grin. I really don't wish to be "smart and industrious" like you people lol.

Blaming your leaders for being backwards? Lol. Do you know your leaders are a reflection of your society?. Yes they are Nigerians born and raised in Nigeria by Nigerians. Under the three black leaders in SA so much development has taken place , what is stopping the "smart "Africans? .SA has corruption too , but the leaders put development first hence we continue to move forward. Even under zuma grin. The Nigerian mindset is the biggest problem in Nigeria not your lack of white population , get that through your head.

2 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by mdokaba1(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:

I always lmfao when you Nigerians make excuses on why your country is underdeveloped, you claim to be smarter than SAns but you always fall behind us in almost every development indice grin. Why is the lazy country always doing better than you? .look up the major infrastructural developments under black leadership in both countries. What do you see? Who do you think is waking up every day to make those roads, those housing developments, those houses for the poor , ? . Who do you think is giving SAns piped water? . Who do you think is building the new power stations? Nigerians? Chinese? grin. Or in your envious mind you think we depend on power stations built during apartheid to accommodate just a few? Lol. Do you even know that SA has the biggest middle class In Africa? For lazy people we sure are doing well for ourselves unlike the "smart" busy bodies who have nothing worthwhile to present to the world. Lazy and clueless? Yet we are forever the ones building better roads even in poor communities grin. I really don't wish to be "smart and industrious" like you people lol.

Blaming your leaders for being backwards? Lol. Do you know your leaders are a reflection of your society?. Yes they are Nigerians born and raised in Nigeria by Nigerians. Under the three black leaders in SA so much development has taken place , what is stopping the "smart "Africans? .SA has corruption too , but the leaders put development first hence we continue to move forward. Even under zuma grin. The Nigerian mindset is the biggest problem in Nigeria not your lack of white population , get that through your head.

Now I wont lie on my couch and watch you talk down on this country I love so dearly and hope for a better day.

Yes! Nigeria has her own many problems, but it cannot be denied that "your SA" .......... forgotten what to type....... abeg de go jhor...... runs out of thread
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Lionessza(f): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2017
mdokaba1:

Now I wont lie on my couch and watch you talk down on this country I love so dearly and hope for a better day.

Yes! Nigeria has her own many problems, but it cannot be denied that "your SA" .......... forgotten what to type....... abeg de go jhor...... runs out of thread

SA has its own problems too , no one can deny it but the Nigerians that always feel the need to make themselves feel better by claiming SAns are lazy and clueless must be called into order. If we are clueless and lazy , what do we call Nigerians then ?. Almost everything is functioning in SA courtesy of lazy people grin.

2 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by mdokaba1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lionessza:

SA has its own problems too , no one can deny it but the Nigerians that always feel the need to make themselves feel better by claiming SAns are lazy and clueless must be called into order. If we are clueless and lazy , what do we call Nigerians then ?. Almost everything is functioning in SA courtesy of lazy people grin.

Nigerians are naturally better than SAns but SAns are luckily ahead. Nigerians have the brains for better things, (Check out our indices as the most educated and the most intelligent migrants in the US and around the world) but the mind for evil things (Crime rate).

SAns and other Africans are naturally intimidated by Nigerians little wonder they just cannot wait for another bad news coming from Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
mdokaba1:

Nigerians are naturally better than SAns but SAns are luckily ahead. Nigerians have the brains for better things, (Check out our indices as the most educated and the most intelligent migrants in the US and around the world) but the mind for evil things (Crime rate).
SMH,lol@"luckily ahead".To you infrastructural development is like the toss of a coin where you choose either heads or tails and if the coin lands in your favor you are lucky? So it was a fluke that we happen to be the most developed country on the continent? Please use your grey matter will ya!!

You are not better than SAns in anything,the self-deluded image you guys have of yourselves is laughable

mdokaba1:
SAns and other Africans are naturally intimidated by Nigerians little wonder they just cannot wait for another bad news coming from Nigeria and Nigerians.

Intimidated by what? grin grin lo I have no words for this one.guess what..bad news come out of Nigeria every minute but the average South African doesn't care and he/she probably will never know because even our news channels rarely report anything about Nigeria

Work for the betterment of your country and quit the bitching!!!

3 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by diablos: 12:31am On Jun 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Lionessza(f): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2017
mdokaba1:

LMFAO @ naturally better grin grin. I really don't know how to respond to that without sounding rude grin. I am speechless. With regards to most educated immigrants in the USA , the article said "Africans " not Nigerians. But I wouldn't doubt that majority of those Africans are Nigerians because you are the most desperate to live anywhere but your own country ( for obvious reasons) lol. Lucky? grin so we played the lottery and won the most developed country in the continent? grin. Nigerians grin

Lmfao@ intimidated . By what exactly ? . People who can't even provide themselves basic amenities? .people who are popular for all the wrong reasons ? . People who would do anything to remain in other countries than go back home and fix their own country? People who are industrious by mouth ?. Lol gtfoh. If anything, South Africans , other Africans and the world at large are wary of nigerians for obvious reasons. You are the ones who seem to have an inferiority complex, anytime and african country does well you get butthurt and start posting random bad stories and unproven "statistics "about that country or throw insults all over the place out of frustration I guess grin. Intimidated my ass grin.

3 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2017
Lionessza:

LMFAO @ naturally better grin grin. I really don't know how to respond to that without sounding rude grin. I am speechless. With regards to most educated immigrants in the USA , the article said "Africans " not Nigerians. But I wouldn't doubt that majority of those Africans are Nigerians because you are the most desperate to live anywhere but your own country ( for obvious reasons) lol. Lucky? grin so we played the lottery and won the most developed country in the continent? grin. Nigerians grin

Lmfao@ intimidated . By what exactly ? . People who can't even provide themselves basic amenities? .people who are popular for all the wrong reasons ? . People who would do anything to remain in other countries than go back home and fix their own country? People who are industrious by mouth ?. Lol gtfoh. If anything, South Africans , other Africans and the world at large are wary of nigerians for obvious reasons. You are the ones who seem to have an inferiority complex, anytime and african country does well you get butthurt and start posting random bad stories and unproven "statistics "about that country or throw insults all over the place out of frustration I guess grin. Intimidated my ass grin.
"Luckily ahead" grin grin gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Lionessza(f): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2017
Jayceon:
"Luckily ahead" grin grin gringrin

LMFAO, can you believe this shyt? grin.

2 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by DictatorZAR1: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2017
mdokaba1:

Ok another one of those guys.

By better educated migrants you mean those thousands of Nigerians with worthless or fake backyard internet PHD's without any research publications.

Simple question what has the better brain Nigerians done in the field of Science, medical or technological in Nigeria for the benefit of Africa in the last decade.

Lastly by intimidation you mean those loud mouths who talk a lot but no action unless its criminal related I guess.

1 Like

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Lionessza:

LMFAO, can you believe this shyt? grin.
Nope I can't believe it,I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of "LUCK" in this instance

3 Likes

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 22, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Ok another one of those guys.

By better educated migrants you mean those thousands of Nigerians with worthless or fake backyard internet PHD's without any research publications.

Simple question what has the better brain Nigerians done in the field of Science, medical or technological in Nigeria for the benefit of Africa in the last decade.

Lastly by intimidation you mean those loud mouths who talk a lot but no action unless its criminal related I guess.

Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by MONITZ: 8:26am On Jun 22, 2017
"IT IS THE REASON EUROPE IS SO RICH TODAY. They exploited those colonies ruthlessly for nearly a century, taking and taking and taking, and putting nothing back. At independence in 1960, Nigeria had not ONE university. Not ONE major power plant. Not ONE expressway. Not ONE major hospital. Not ONE stadium"

The first university in Nigeria was built in 1948 and it is the University Of Ibadan.

U said sth abt the South Africans turning out this way not because of the whites who came to settle down with them, I want u to take a look at Hong Kong and China :- the former was administered by the British for 100 years and was returned to the latter in 1997.When one takes a look at the two countries,at least we know that China and Hong Kong aren't on the same footing if we re to tell ourselves some hard truths,the latter trumps the former in almost every area of developmental index so much that it's even one of the world's financial centers.....
Re: Could South Africa Have Developed? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria is an absolute shithole. The absolute armpits or anuus of the earth.

There's also absolutely zero doubt in my mind that South Africa would be just another impoverished African shithole without decades of white minority rule. Zero doubt. Suggestions otherwise are delusional. Cape Town would not exist without whitey, sadly. It genuinely pains me to say so, but it's just the unfortunate curse of the black man. grin Even those who find themselves in developed nations often find a way to occupy the bottom rungs of society and blame everyone for their troubles.

South Africa, despite its best efforts at wealth distribution and welfare for the poor working class still has most of its wealth concentrated in the hands of minority interests. Black people control about 9% of the JSE stock (numbers between 3% and 23% have been peddled) despite having over 80% of the population. So, let's have a moment of self-honesty to acknowledge black people are hardly the prime drivers of enterprise, innovation and wealth creation in the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Very Disappointed In China, Does Nothing To Help The U.S Over N.K., Trump. / Genocide Of Black Libyans In Tawergha - Humanrightsinvestigations.org / U.S. Protest: 17 Years Old Boy Armed With AR15 Shot, Killed 2 Protesters(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.