Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,238 members, 7,811,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues (16575 Views)

Apostle Suleman Praying In His Private Jet. Video Emerges (Photos) / The Efficacy Of Praying in JESUS' Name / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by omoelerin1: 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
harrybarn:
I'm so glad to see such topic on Front Page.
Many so called "christians" will just go ahead and display their childish ignorance on this matter that I wonder if they even had a bible let alone read Mark 16:17.
MORE OF SUCH PLEASE
[MODIFIED]
You can't see a "FAKE" #2,000 note in the market; reason? There is no "REAL" #2,000 note
That we often see the fake version indicates the real one is obtainable. Now, do you because of fake money cease using money?
Isn't it amazing many criticizing this here might comfortably be using 'fake' version of handsets to comment their ignorance?
forget! large percent of what goes for speaking in tongue by many a christian today are nothing short of babbling.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by omoelerin1: 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
honestivo:
If you're not speaking in tongue as a Christian ,you're really missing a lot .in short Ur still a baby or carnal Christian
RUBBISH! You lack the knowledge of the scripture, infact you re a babe.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EzeeYFB(m): 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Principe67:
When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, you receive a gift from God—the gift of speaking (or praying) in tongues. It is a powerful gift that every believer should desire. In fact, here are five benefits to praying in tongues:

1. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Speak Directly to God
“For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.” –1 Corinthians 14:2

When you pray in tongues, you are praying God’s will, directly to Him. It allows your mind to get out of the way so your spirit can commune with the Father.

2. Praying in Tongues Keeps You in Tune With the Holy Spirit
“And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.” –Acts 2:4

Tongues is a gift from God. It allows you to pray the will of God by the empowering of the Holy Spirit. When you pray in tongues, you are yielding to the Holy Spirit who dwells in you. Then you are allowing that same Spirit to pray through you, so you are in tune with Him.

3. Praying in Tongues Strengthens Your Spirit
“A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church.” –1 Corinthians 14:4

Praying in tongues builds you up spiritually and helps you to live a Spirit-led life.

4. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Pray Even When You Don’t Know What to Pray
“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.” –Romans 8:26

Even when you don’t know how or what to pray, you can still pray…in tongues. You can trust your spirit to pray the perfect will of God, regardless of the situation.

5. Praying in Tongues Is a Weapon Against the Work of the Enemy
“And then he told them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved.… These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.… They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.’” –Mark 16:15-18

Jesus proclaimed several things that would happen to those who followed Him and continued His work. Speaking in tongues is one of those gifts, and it allows Jesus’ followers to stand against the work of the enemy.

Praying in tongues is a gift that’s available to every believer. It allows you to pray God’s will to Him. It keeps you in tune with the Holy Spirit and strengthens your spirit as you stand against the work of the devil. Don’t discount this powerful gift from God. Desire it. Embrace it and relish the strength it adds to your spiritual life.

www.palmchatnow.com

well speaking in tongues(languages) is one of the gifts of the Spirit, one incident about the manifestation of this gift was on the day of Pentecost in the book Acts 2,we know that what did happened there was the Apostles did teach the gospel to the people present there in their tongues that they did marvel at the event happening before their eyes, why? Because it was said these Apostles were of a decent different from theirs and yet did understand the gospel did taught to them in their very tongue(language).
I do know this gift is real, but not speaking something you don't even understand and call it tongue, Naaah, it doesn't work that way, I don't think God will be the author of confusion.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by uvalued(m): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2017
Principe67:

op no mind the nay to tongues...

last week after praying in tongues... i commanded an elusive cricket to be silence. after some second there was silence...just last weeek i startedfeeling feverish and lousy but continued to pray in tongues to unleash tge power that raised Christ from the dead in me and i became alert to do my work and now am okay without taking drugs.

i have started in small things... soon large things will move . continue Praying in tongues

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EzeeYFB(m): 12:19am On Jun 19, 2017
danyaril2yahoo:
They're not christanity period.JEHOANS WINTNESS
hey behave ursef, I'm nt jehovah witness bt mehn learn to respect pple, if u dnt agree with their doctrines Dat doesn't give u d right to disrespect them,just share what you know to b true. That's the beauty of discussions like this, we share what we know from our various denominations and enlighten each other, don't you see how sweet it is to learn from what another thinks about topics like this.
Chai smh
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EzeeYFB(m): 12:22am On Jun 19, 2017
torres89:
the Jesus Christ speak in tongues
Yeah he can speak in the language we understand, isn't that beautiful!!!? Sweet.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Veron265(f): 12:26am On Jun 19, 2017
I'm a born again 'catholic' and couldn't for the longest time grasp nor accept the gift of speaking in tongues...

Through positive debating, 'asking to learn, not to argue' sessions, my eyes and ears were opened by God's grace.

That said......

Gifts of Prophecy and Tongues 1 Corinthians 14

1. 1 Corinthians 14v 2
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed no-one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

2. 1 Corinthians 14v 4
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

3. 1 Corinthians 14v 5
I would like everyone of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the 'church' may be edified.

4 1 Corinthians 14v 14-15
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind.....

5 1 Corinthians 14v 18-19
I thank God I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 But in church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

6. 1 Corinthians 14v 22
Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy however is for believers, not for unbelievers.

7. 1 Corinthians 14v 23
So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

That's all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EzeeYFB(m): 12:26am On Jun 19, 2017
brodalikeme:
Speaking in tongues is a great gift that EVERY CHILD of God needs. I cannot argue with those you have not received this gift yet because they can never understand
God is the same yesterday, today and forever and not an author of confusion smiley
So sweet u have the gift like the apostles of old to speak in different languages to propagate the gospel, sweet!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Pebcak: 12:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Veron265:
I'm a born again 'catholic' and couldn't for the longest time grasp nor accept the gift of speaking in tongues...

Through positive debating, 'asking to learn, not to argue' sessions, my eyes and ears were opened by God's grace.

That said......
hi

1. 1 Corinthians 14v 2
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed no-one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

2. 1 Corinthians 14v 4
He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

3. 1 Corinthians 14v 5
I would like everyone of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the 'church' may be edified.

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind.....

I thank God I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 But in church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

6. 1 Corinthians 14v 22
Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy however is for believers, not for unbelievers.

7. 1 Corinthians 14v 23
So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

That's all!

I don't understand Christians of our age they claim they know the bible yet they do things that are opposite.

The term speak in tongues is simply speaking another existing language, when the early church started that was the key for the gospel of Christ to spread if not we would have been like Muslims and have to understand Arabic but holy spirit worked to help early Christians speak in other languages and spread the good news concert people to Christian.

Point 6 n 7 nailed it

And that verse that said if you are gathered together and yoh start speaking in tongue and nobody understand shut up.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by bigtt76(f): 3:56am On Jun 19, 2017
Correct

Tapout:

so are u trying to say that somewhere out there, there are people who speak the one we can understand?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by bigtt76(f): 4:04am On Jun 19, 2017
Aptly explained! It couldn't have been any better.

Veron265:

That said......

1. 1 Corinthians 14v 2

2. 1 Corinthians 14v 4

3. 1 Corinthians 14v 5

6. 1 Corinthians 14v 22

7. 1 Corinthians 14v 23

That's all!

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Ataegbiti: 4:06am On Jun 19, 2017
Every true believer is baptized by the Holy Spirit. But not every believer gets the gift of speaking in tongues.
Like every other gift of the Holy Spirit, you don't determine what you get. God decides that.
And then, 'tongues' in the Bible means a known earthly language, not gibberish.
In a Church meeting, not more than 3 should speak, and in turn. And there must be someone to interpret. Otherwise the speaker should do it privately.
On another plane, there are 'sign' and 'serving' gifts of the Holy Spirit. The sign gifts are the spectacular ones. Examples are tongues, predictive prophecy, miraculous healings, etc,. Those ones (spectacular gifts) have ceased. There were for the foundation of the church, before the new testament was complete.
In essence, tongues is not for today. The fact that it gives some an emotional 'feel-good' doesn't
mean it is heaven-approved.
Not everything we see western christians do on tv is Biblical (e.g women keeping uncovered hair in church)
So 'test the spirits, hold on to what is good /true'
May God lead us to the truth.....
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by emmy02(m): 4:57am On Jun 19, 2017
Fake Christians everywhere.. Speaking useless gibberish and calling it tongues.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by harrybarn: 5:47am On Jun 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
forget! large percent of what goes for speaking in tongue by many a christian today are nothing short of babbling.
So your problem is people? "Looking up to JESUS the author and finisher of YOUR faith, not unto people sir. There are too many fake things everywhere
Fake ministers, fake miracles, healings, anointing. but don't you still believe in genuine miracles, healings etc.
FORGET ABOUT PEOPLE! Do the right thing and you will get the right result for yourself. Leave them to continue cheating themselves with fake, should you care? Were sin abounds, grace abounds much more!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by nwakaibeya1: 7:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Those who speak in tongues don't know what it means to follow Jesus Christ at all?? What is Born Again? BORN AGAIN means>>>Simply # A new beginning, new unbelievable power, new authority and new dominion over all evil people and evil spirits and being in control spiritually and security assured and the love of God begins to take shape in your life by JESUSCHRIST directing and gradually shapes your life and redirects your destiny and if you where originally made rich by God he takes You through to that your wealth hidden in secret dark places for you to possess it with the LIGHT and that's why JESUS CHRIST declared when he came to the world and said I am the light of the world and with that light you conquer all evil darkness which is why JESUS CHRIST came but ask your self why did JESUS CHRIST say I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD?AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHT AFTER HE JESUS WAS SLAUGHTERED OR HAVE YOU NOT READ THAT THOSE WHO WHERE SUPPOSED TO SHARE THE LIGHT THAT HE EMPOWERED WHERE ALSO SLAUGHTERED? SO BY IMPLICATIONS IT MEANS THE LIGHT WAS QUENCHED BY THE EVIL PEOPLE WHO TOOK OVER AND SAY COME AND SEE JESUS THROUGH US TILL TODAY AND FROM THEN TILL NOW THAT WE HAVE DECLARED THE LIGHT AGAIN TO THE WORLD and then ask your self that is claiming bornagain do you indeed reign in my above unbeleivable descriptions especially JESUS LIGHT AND POWER?why not think twice , be wise and look before you leap, Behold Real heavenly spiritual revelation is not theology revelation and this is test and see as authorized and not long stories of Noahs ark and sundry .Kingdom of Jesus Christ has comeback why not investigate it if you have the means as we have authorized people of the world and do the forget this was the same way Jesus Christ shouted when he came before and those who claimed to know of God then never agreed to Jesus Christ instead they slaughtered Jesus and balanced and said to people come and see Jesus Christ through us and their descendants are very many today claiming the same thing? What a world? Mathew 13,13-14

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by joyandfaith: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=ItsTheBachelor post=57637399]Jehovah Witness say there's nothing like praying in tongue.

And they even have bible verses to back it up.

So,who's misinterpreting the bible here?[/quot

Speaking in Tongues—Is It From God?
“I JUST don’t understand,” says Devon. “Each week at my church, many seem to get the holy spirit and miraculously speak in different languages. Some of them lead immoral lives. Meanwhile, I try to live in a morally upright way. Yet, as much as I pray for it, I never receive this gift of the spirit. How can that be?”

Gabriel likewise attends a church where people appear to receive holy spirit and speak in tongues. “What bothers me,” he explains, “is that during my prayers, others interrupt me with loud speech that neither I nor they understand. No one really benefits from this speech. Should not a gift of God’s spirit have some useful purpose?”

The experiences of Devon and Gabriel raise an intriguing question, Is speaking in tongues as done in some churches today really from God? To answer that question, it is helpful to examine the gift of miraculous speech among first-century Christians.

They “Started to Speak With Different Tongues”

In the Bible, we read of some men and women who were given power to speak languages that they had never learned. This first occurred on the day of Pentecost 33 C.E., a few weeks after the death of Jesus Christ. On that day in Jerusalem, some 120 disciples of Jesus “became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues.” Visitors from foreign lands “were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.”—Acts 1:15; 2:1-6.

The Bible mentions other early followers of Jesus who had this remarkable ability. For example, empowered by holy spirit, the apostle Paul could miraculously speak in numerous tongues. (Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10, 28; 14:18) But any such gift of God’s holy spirit should logically have a good purpose. So, what purpose did speaking in tongues serve in Bible times?

A Sign of God’s Backing

When writing to Christians in the city of Corinth, some of whom apparently could speak in tongues, Paul explained that “tongues are for a sign . . . to the unbelievers.” (1 Corinthians 14:22) Hence, along with other miraculous abilities, the power to speak in tongues was an indication to observers that the newly formed Christian congregation had God’s approval and backing. The miraculous gifts were like a street marker pointing out where truth-seekers should now go to find God’s chosen people.

Significantly, the Bible does not mention that Jesus or any of the pre-Christian prophets miraculously spoke in tongues that they had not learned. The gift of tongues bestowed upon Jesus’ disciples, then, evidently had some additional objective.

A Tool to Spread the Good News

Early in his ministry, Jesus directed his disciples to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom to the Jews only. (Matthew 10:6; 15:24) As a result, the disciples rarely set foot outside of areas predominantly inhabited by Jews. But that would soon change.

Shortly after his death in 33 C.E., the resurrected Jesus commanded his followers to “make disciples of people of all the nations.” He also told his followers that they would be witnesses of him “to the most distant part of the earth.” (Matthew 28:19; Acts 1:cool Spreading the good news to that extent would require the use of many tongues other than Hebrew.

However, many of those early disciples were “unlettered and ordinary.” (Acts 4:13) How, then, would they be able to preach in distant lands where languages were spoken that they may never have heard of, let alone learned to speak? Holy spirit empowered some of those zealous preachers with the miraculous ability to preach fluently in languages they had never before learned to speak.

Thus, the gift of tongues served two vital purposes. First, it provided a sign as evidence of God’s backing. Second, it was an effective tool to help the first-century Christians fulfill their commission to preach to people of many languages. Does the speaking in tongues done in many churches today accomplish these purposes?

Speaking in Tongues Today—A Sign of God’s Backing?

Where would you post a sign to benefit as many individuals as possible in your community? Inside a small building? Of course not! The account of the day of Pentecost tells us that a “multitude” of passersby observed the sign provided by the disciples’ miraculous speaking in tongues. Why, as a result, “about three thousand souls were added” to the Christian congregation on that day! (Acts 2:5, 6, 41) If people today claim to speak in tongues but do so within the confines of a church building, how can the practice serve as a public sign to multitudes of unbelievers?

God’s Word mentions fornication and other “works of the flesh” as being opposed to the operation of holy spirit, adding that “those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom.” (Galatians 5:17-21) If you observe people of questionable morals speaking in tongues, you might rightly wonder, ‘Would it not be inconsistent—even misleading—for God’s holy spirit to be bestowed on individuals who persistently engage in conduct that God’s own Word condemns?’ That would be like installing a street sign that directs traffic the wrong way.

Speaking in Tongues Today—A Tool to Spread the Good News?

What about the other purpose of the gift of tongues in the first century? Does the speaking in tongues practiced in churches serve as a tool for preaching the good news to people of different languages? Recall that observers who were in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost 33 C.E. were from many lands, and they clearly understood the languages miraculously spoken by the disciples. In contrast, those who speak in tongues today usually utter speech that is unintelligible to any listener.

Clearly, modern-day speaking in tongues is very different from the gift of holy spirit given to Jesus’ early followers. In fact, there is no reliable record of anyone receiving that same miraculous power since the death of the apostles. This is not surprising to Bible readers. Regarding the miraculous gifts, including that of speaking in tongues, the inspired apostle Paul prophesied: “They will cease.” (1 Corinthians 13:cool How, then, can one discern who has the holy spirit today?

Who Give Evidence of Having Holy Spirit?

Jesus well knew that the gift of tongues would cease relatively soon after the formation of the Christian congregation. Shortly before he died, Jesus mentioned a timeless sign, or mark, that would identify his true followers. “By this all will know that you are my disciples,” he said, “if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) In fact, in the same verse where God’s Word foretold that the miraculous gifts would eventually cease, it says: “Love never fails.”—1 Corinthians 13:8.

Love is listed as the first of nine aspects of “the fruitage,” or product, of God’s holy spirit. (Galatians 5:22, 23) So those who truly have God’s spirit—and hence God’s backing—would show genuine love for one another. In addition, the third aspect of the spirit’s fruitage is peace. Thus, those people who today have holy spirit would be committed to peace, earnestly seeking to rise above bigotry, racism, and violence.

Also, recall Jesus’ prophecy recorded at Acts 1:8. He foretold that his disciples would receive power to be witnesses of him “to the most distant part of the earth.” Jesus also indicated that this work would continue “unto the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:20, King James Version) Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit.

What do you think? With what group of people do you find evidence of holy spirit today? Who are manifesting the spirit’s fruitage, particularly love and peace, to the extent that they suffer at the hands of governments because of their refusal to bear arms worldwide? (Isaiah 2:4) Who are endeavoring to avoid the works of the flesh, such as fornication, even removing unrepentant practicers of such conduct from their midst? (1 Corinthians 5:11-13) Who are preaching in all the earth the good news that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for humanity?—Matthew 24:14.

The publishers of this journal do not hesitate to say that Jehovah’s Witnesses fit the Bible’s description of the people having holy spirit. Why not become better acquainted with them and decide for yourself whether they truly have God’s backing?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2017
dfbjifdssttf gghddrsffgggftff gfdsffhftjougdsdssdcgyjjo8 gfddfgghgLgyfwwseqdtf gGthhigdguojjkb

OP am typing in tongues
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Principe67:
When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, you receive a gift from God—the gift of speaking (or praying) in tongues. It is a powerful gift that every believer should desire. In fact, here are five benefits to praying in tongues:

1. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Speak Directly to God
“For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.” –1 Corinthians 14:2

When you pray in tongues, you are praying God’s will, directly to Him. It allows your mind to get out of the way so your spirit can commune with the Father.

2. Praying in Tongues Keeps You in Tune With the Holy Spirit
“And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.” –Acts 2:4

Tongues is a gift from God. It allows you to pray the will of God by the empowering of the Holy Spirit. When you pray in tongues, you are yielding to the Holy Spirit who dwells in you. Then you are allowing that same Spirit to pray through you, so you are in tune with Him.

3. Praying in Tongues Strengthens Your Spirit
“A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church.” –1 Corinthians 14:4

Praying in tongues builds you up spiritually and helps you to live a Spirit-led life.

4. Praying in Tongues Allows You to Pray Even When You Don’t Know What to Pray
“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.” –Romans 8:26

Even when you don’t know how or what to pray, you can still pray…in tongues. You can trust your spirit to pray the perfect will of God, regardless of the situation.

5. Praying in Tongues Is a Weapon Against the Work of the Enemy
“And then he told them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved.… These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.… They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.’” –Mark 16:15-18

Jesus proclaimed several things that would happen to those who followed Him and continued His work. Speaking in tongues is one of those gifts, and it allows Jesus’ followers to stand against the work of the enemy.

Praying in tongues is a gift that’s available to every believer. It allows you to pray God’s will to Him. It keeps you in tune with the Holy Spirit and strengthens your spirit as you stand against the work of the devil. Don’t discount this powerful gift from God. Desire it. Embrace it and relish the strength it adds to your spiritual life.

www.palmchatnow.com

Praying in Tongues.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in months.

The gift of speaking in tongues was given for a reason and praying was not one of them. In fact there is only one reason. If you recall the events of the Pentecost when the holy spirit descended, a cross section of people started to speak in tongues. The Bible tells us that they were not just rambling some unintelligible words, they were actually speaking in tongues that people understood. They spoke in tongues of people of other nations races and groups. And this people identified with the tongues. The simple reason was so they could carry the gospel to people of other nations. Pure and simple.

But churches today have succeeded in twisting the whole affair. Even the pastors claiming to speak in tongues dont know what it is they are saying. Nobody within 2000 miles of their location understands what they were saying. So what is the point of speaking in tongues. You dont need to speak in tongues to get heard by God. We have all heard of silent prayers. If God can hear your silent prayers why then would you need gibberish to pray to him.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by barcaboi(m): 9:15am On Jun 19, 2017
Tapout:
on the day of Pentecost when the disciples started speaking in tongues, people around heard them (the disciples) speak their own language.....

Today, people speak in tongues... I just wanna ask what language is that?? Someone should help me out pls
bros I tire o. I'm expecting another citizen 2 say he heard his language bn spoken but Nigerian tongue is just another level.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by preponey: 9:49am On Jun 19, 2017
Go with you understand cause we have different doctrines and teaching
ItsTheBachelor:
Jehovah Witness say there's nothing like praying in tongue.

And they even have bible verses to back it up.

So,who's misinterpreting the bible here?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by QueenSharon(f): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2017
Addicted2Women:

This is the funniest joke I've ever heard in my life

The non existing holy Spirit would twist your tongue and make you start speaking non existing language

You have to give your life to Christ. It's urgent!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by discman2k2(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2017
xynerise:
Is it the Speaking in Tongue that some Pentecostal churches force their congregation to say or the true one directed by the Holy spirit?

Speaking in Tongues has been abused by many churches.

If you speak in tongues and no interpreter, brethren, you are on your own.
Then simply do the right thing, bro. Quit causing more confusion wt ur confusions.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Addicted2Women: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2017
QueenSharon:

You have to give your life to Christ. It's urgent!

You mean your imaginary friend Jesus Christ ??
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by MightySparrow: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Damitism:
I don't pray in tongue because I don't believe in it. I pray in my mother's tongue.

Is it becausr it is not scriptural or you don't understand it or you just hate it or you are taught by your denomination against it?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Damitism: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
MightySparrow:

Is it becausr it is not scriptural or you don't understand it or you just hate it or you are taught by your denomination against it?
The biblical speaking in tongues made me understand that it is meant for you to be able to preach to people of other language. The Holy Spirit will enable you to speak to foreigners in their language even though you have never learn their language. That was what happened the first time anyone ever speak in tongues in the bible and the foreigners praised God for it.
Today's version of tongue speaking is totally different. Anyone can decide to say shrikabbabamakambbamanabaekw or whatever other nonsense I always heard. The question is "who is the foreigner they are speaking to when there is no one around that doesn't understand the local language?" God understand all languages and has no preference for one when we want to pray to him. I not praying in tongues, so to say, does not mean I am not communicating with God. I have prayed a lot of prayers in my mother's tongue and I have seen answers.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Stonerboi: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
I gave up on religious people eons ago.

My only regret is being stuck in this part of the planet with such weirdos. Smh. Talking snakes and flying chariots lol. People seff

Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by ArcToyin(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Etogist:
Please we must differentiate between the bible version of speaking in tongues and the church (worldly) version. The Bible version means speaking in different existing languages when you are led by the holy spirit while that of the so called church means you can learn any abracadabra and use then as speaking in tongues.
Too funny
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by ArcToyin(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
Addicted2Women:

This is the funniest joke I've ever heard in my life

The non existing holy Spirit would twist your tongue and make you start speaking non existing language

You are free to talk ignorantly cos you have not experienced it. Pray for the gift and see it work in you.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by ArcToyin(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
honestivo:
If you're not speaking in tongue as a Christian ,you're really missing a lot .in short Ur still a baby or carnal Christian
Your comment shows you are a baby xtian.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Addicted2Women: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
ArcToyin:

You are free to talk ignorantly cos you have not experienced it. Pray for the gift and see it work in you.

I will pray for the gift of death instead

Retárd
Re: 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues by Hier(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Principe67:
When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, you receive a gift from God—the gift of speaking (or praying) in tongues.

I have always wanted to write something along this line b4.
Well, its a great post, evidently you made a post, not seeing it would come to FP

I could av followed the post and answered some questions here, there abound differing views about this subject

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Scriptures Say Eat Your Tithe - Daddy Freeze / Abuja Pastor, Great Johnson Philip Takes Succour To Widows, Orphans In Gwarimpa / 13 Mfm Prayer Points To Cancel Bad Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.