Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Travelling To Uk With British Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Uk With British Passport (1296 Views)

Applying For First-time British Passport In Naija / Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo / Travel To The Usa With British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Uk With British Passport by kiki001: 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2010
Is it possible to travel back to the UK with my british passport alone? I have misplaced my Nigerian passport and I dont have the time to make a new one in lagos, besides i cant change my ticket date. pls I really need to know. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by deor03(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2010
A British going back to his/her country from another country is No issue ( I guess)
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2010
Yep, you can return to the UK with your British passport.
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
No issues travelling back to Britain with a British passport.

Although, if you travelled to Nigeria with your Nigerian passport, the authorities may want to know how you entered Nigeria, as your British passport won't have a valid visa in it, and you wouldn't have filled out an immigration card when you entered Nigeria.

I would at least report the loss of your passport to the issuing office, and fill out an immigration card before you leave.

Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by omega25red(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2010
olu wole strikes again lol

what happened to your naija pali? and why not get an emergency one in naija before you leave instead of possibly creating problems for yourself

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by kiki001: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
omega25red:

olu wole strikes again lol

what happened to your naija pali? and why not get an emergency one in naija before you leave instead of possibly creating problems for yourself

I can't find my naija pali, how do I get the emergency passport? and do you know if the passport office open on saturdays? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by ama27(f): 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Technically you should not have a problem , but just be prepared for our naij officials who like to cause trouble and my need to be tipped.
On arrival in the UK you only need a British passport. The only other thing is that if you need to come back to naij in the near futurte you may consider staying and sorting it if not you would have to face the officials at Nigerian House for either a passport ( VERY LONG THING AS THEY WOULD NEED PROVE THAT U HAD ONE IN THE PAST / OR TELL YOU TO BRING YOUR FATHER( no exaggeration) or get a vis a( which is not as long a proces and not necessarily cheap either) but still Nigerian House is a nightmare either way!
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by joxiri: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2010
Only God knows if that passport belongs to you, cos that is the most ignorant statement i have heard in a long time, a legitimate british passport holder should certainly be aware he can return to his/her country
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by kiki001: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
joxiri:

Only God knows if that passport belongs to you, cos that is the most ignorant statement i have heard in a long time, a legitimate british passport holder should certainly be aware he can return to his/her country

Its my passport love, but I have got no visa on it dats y I'm trying to find out if its possible to fly back without my nigerian passport.
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by Davedavy: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2010
Try and report the loss of the passport to the right authorities,police and possibly immigration.Even if you won't be issued a new one,it is always better to report the loss of important documents like that.It wont be too hard for you to get a new one when you get to UK with the police report of your lost passport,and it might help you with the Naija immigration while going back to UK .
All join sha,be prepared 4 those boys at MMA wink
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by miz4oxley(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
Man, get to the appropriate quaters and get your 9ja pali man, Don't give excuses and create new problem for yourself, don't wait until its bleeped, Go and replace your lost naija pali and postpone your flight, If you need urgent naija pali holla @ me, my email addy is miz4oxley@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by KennyG6(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2010
@poster I dont see any problem whatsoever, but if the passport was issued outside naija you may need custom/immigration clearance and explain how u entered naija in the 1st instance, as far as UK is concerned once u clear naija u should be OK
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by TemiladeE1(f): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
Where did you buy ur british passport? Oluwole market,innit? grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Temilade£:

Where did you buy your british passport? Oluwole market,innit? grin grin grin

Lol, evil woman! grin
Re: Travelling To Uk With British Passport by ceasyc(f): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
"Oluwole" LMAO! U crack me up man

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Us As A Grandmom. / I Need Advice Concerning My Visa Issue / Rwanda Screening Passengers From USA And Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.