Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? (21774 Views)

Name Your Best Reggae Artiste Of All Time. For Reggae Lovers. / List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year / 2018 Headies: Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa & Simi – Artiste Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by helphelp: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2017
2dice01:
make dem just give my turtle ninja

Wizkid to win 1.52

Runtown to win 1.85

Tekno to win 1.52(but e get beef with the organiser)odd might change grin

Davido to win 1.30

Efe to win 850 odd(just put 1k you are few meters away from being a millionaire) cheesy

stake respsonsibly

Just find beggar give that 1k...as the beggar dey say thank you oga. Just say "Who I be"
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by merryossai(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2017
I think runtown deserves it d most with his songs and great lyrics especially in for life. am also tipping wizkid for his effort internationally. make no body try mention davido for dis list else na mango tree go fall on him.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Sunexy(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2017
angry
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by chronique(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2017
I'd give it to davido.
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Victornezzar: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2017
IgboticGirl:
Apostle Suleiman
u no well grin
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by oyindare(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2017
OfficialAwol:
In matter of months, Headies will unveil their nominees for different categories of awards for the year 2017. Today however I wish to focus on artiste of the year category. So those in the know of industry goings on, who do you think is taking the coveted award home this year?

In my judgement, I think the battle is between these familiar four Davido, Wizkid, Tekno and Runtown.

DAVIDO
There is no denying the fact that the self acclaimed "Son of Mercy" has done himself good for this year both from the release of the successful Son of Mercy EP earlier in the year and his subsequent release of smash hit singles. From the Tekno produced "IF" to his recent "Fall". "IF" for instance has been remixed into football version(Drogba and Omeruo), foreign version(R Kelly), Fuji version and still counting. Again the single brought with it the popular "30 billion for the Akant" slogan. His follow up single "Fall" has proven to be another wonder as it is currently dominating the airplays. So putting these together, Davido is definitely in a great contest for the prize.

WIZKID
Baba Nla may not have done much but his "Come closer" single gathered much worldwide wave especially as featured Drake. Again Wizkid is said to be preparing to drop his "Sounds From The Other Side" EP sometimes in July, the reason for his faked social media war with Davido which is nothing but promotional stunt; maybe they think we don't think. And considering the fact that Headies considers songs from October to July, Baba Nla may be in hot contention to retain his crown if his sounds from the other side appeals to our ears.

TEKNO
"Slim Daddy" as he has recently chosen to start calling himself, has worked hard to keep trending from last year to this year. This has partly been due to the fact that has used all known female name to sing.
However, Tekno has the baggage of his last year controversy with the Headies organisers after he rightly turned down his nomination in the next rated category when it was apparent that Tekno was last year's artiste of the year. So, we are waiting to see if Headies will ever be interested in nominating Tekno in any category of the award it's organising, who knows if Headies will renominate Tekno in the next rated category since he is yet to release an album. Again, I think most of Tekno's singles has underperformed this year, with virtually all of them performing at average. I suggest Tekno stops singing with female names before he losses it.

RUNTOWN
The "sound god" as he calls himself is finally living up to his stage name by running the town with his sounds. Unarguably, when Runtown released "Mad Over You" late December last year, I thought 2017 was his own alone until Davido came around. But looking at the successes of his singles both "Mad over you" and his recent "For life", Runtown is definitely among the artiste to beat in the race to clinch the crown.

FINAL VERDICT
I am definitely not oblivious of the fact that some artiste might still release some smash hits that might dwarf the achievements of the artistes under review but though it's not impossible, it's not likely.

So what do you think about the list? You think someone deserves a place or that somebody should fall off the list? Who do you think will walk away with the price?

this is all you could thing of this early Monday morning...you better change your brain box...

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Victornezzar: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2017
tolexy007:

Evans grin grin grin grin grin grin
u no well
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by ALAYORMII: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2017
2dice01:
make dem just give my turtle ninja

Wizkid to win 1.52

Runtown to win 1.85

Tekno to win 1.52(but e get beef with the organiser)odd might change grin

Davido to win 1.30

Efe to win 850 odd(just put 1k you are few meters away from being a millionaire) cheesy

stake responsibly

If you put 1k on top Efe head, na 850k you go chop now
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by oluwatymylehyn(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2017
davido all the way.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by talk2saintify(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2017
is me

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by timunstopable: 10:25am On Jun 19, 2017
In my opinion Headies has lost credibility

Nobody takes the awards serious anymore

Even artistes

They should park one side
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by brandydaniells(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2017
runtown all d way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by OfficialAwol(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2017
timunstopable:
In my opinion Headies has lost credibility

Nobody takes the awards serious anymore

Even artistes

They should park one side

I think you're right. And their downward fall began last two years after Reekado Banks won the next rated awards

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by pweshboi(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2017
mayorjosh:
Na Efe and Vic o
lol Abeg no kill me with laugh here, vic wetin?
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by OfficialAwol(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Don't invite rude olamide please.

It's only sentiments and ethnocentrism that would earn Olamide any nomination in any category. He definitely didn't see road this year.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by fawaz22(m): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2017
Runtown madover,should win best r n b of the year,single of d year
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Ochinawata01(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2017
runtown and anybody win 2.7

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2017
MR EAZI!!!!! hands down
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by LordOfNaira: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2017
IgboticGirl:
Apostle Suleiman

That's true. Apostle did some songs this year.

Don't also forget Dino Melaye with his hit song, "Ajeku Iya" which is making waves in the whole country.
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by phrezzz: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Runtown
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Collins10(m): 10:52am On Jun 19, 2017
ALAYORMII:

If you put 1k on top Efe head, na 850k you go chop now
Ofcourse... The few meters remaining to be a millionaire na the 150k wey remain.
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by LordOfNaira: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2017
OfficialAwol:
In matter of months, Headies will unveil their nominees for different categories of awards for the year 2017. Today however I wish to focus on artiste of the year category. So those in the know of industry goings on, who do you think is taking the coveted award home this year?

In my judgement, I think the battle is between these familiar four Davido, Wizkid, Tekno and Runtown.

DAVIDO
There is no denying the fact that the self acclaimed "Son of Mercy" has done himself good for this year both from the release of the successful Son of Mercy EP earlier in the year and his subsequent release of smash hit singles. From the Tekno produced "IF" to his recent "Fall". "IF" for instance has been remixed into football version(Drogba and Omeruo), foreign version(R Kelly), Fuji version and still counting. Again the single brought with it the popular "30 billion for the Akant" slogan. His follow up single "Fall" has proven to be another wonder as it is currently dominating the airplays. So putting these together, Davido is definitely in a great contest for the prize.

WIZKID
Baba Nla may not have done much but his "Come closer" single gathered much worldwide wave especially as featured Drake. Again Wizkid is said to be preparing to drop his "Sounds From The Other Side" EP sometimes in July, the reason for his faked social media war with Davido which is nothing but promotional stunt; maybe they think we don't think. And considering the fact that Headies considers songs from October to July, Baba Nla may be in hot contention to retain his crown if his sounds from the other side appeals to our ears.

TEKNO
"Slim Daddy" as he has recently chosen to start calling himself, has worked hard to keep trending from last year to this year. This has partly been due to the fact that has used all known female name to sing.
However, Tekno has the baggage of his last year controversy with the Headies organisers after he rightly turned down his nomination in the next rated category when it was apparent that Tekno was last year's artiste of the year. So, we are waiting to see if Headies will ever be interested in nominating Tekno in any category of the award it's organising, who knows if Headies will renominate Tekno in the next rated category since he is yet to release an album. Again, I think most of Tekno's singles has underperformed this year, with virtually all of them performing at average. I suggest Tekno stops singing with female names before he losses it.

RUNTOWN
The "sound god" as he calls himself is finally living up to his stage name by running the town with his sounds. Unarguably, when Runtown released "Mad Over You" late December last year, I thought 2017 was his own alone until Davido came around. But looking at the successes of his singles both "Mad over you" and his recent "For life", Runtown is definitely among the artiste to beat in the race to clinch the crown.

FINAL VERDICT
I am definitely not oblivious of the fact that some artiste might still release some smash hits that might dwarf the achievements of the artistes under review but though it's not impossible, it's not likely.

So what do you think about the list? You think someone deserves a place or that somebody should fall off the list? Who do you think will walk away with the price?

Dino Melaye will take the artiste of the year. His song "Ajeku Iya" was a banger.
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by Misterdhee1(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2017
One thing about Nigerians is that we only think and focus on already made stars. A certain Maleek Berry has released more hits than wizkid, and tekno this year. And expectedly, he is no where to be found on the list. Not to even talk of Wande Coal.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by temitope277(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2017
na wizzy baba nla
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by 2dice01: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2017
benedictnsi:

Hmmm.... Bros like say you d work with a bet company... ;d;

I go use 20k stake for Efe..... gringringrin
lol chai 17m
Blood of zakariah tongue
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by fawaz22(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Misterdhee1:
Pne thing about Nigerians is that we only think and focus in already made stars. A certain Maleek Berry has released more hits than wizkid, and tekno this year. And expectedly, he is no where to be found on the list. No to even talk of Wande Coal.
this one na jst op thought not headies list na
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by 2dice01: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2017
helphelp:

Just find beggar give that 1k...as the beggar dey say thank you oga. Just say "Who I be"
any beggar you give 1k hin con tell you thank you abeg collect your money back
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by pressplay411(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It will be Efe.

Headies always goes to non-deserving people.

Wizzy all the way tho. Headies know what time it is. Wiz o clock.
Re: Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? by darlinsval(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2017
If its nt Tekno, then its davido.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D'banj - Fall In Love Ft. Genevieve | Official Video / Download Chris Brown-home / Top Ten Music Videos Featuring Nigerian Politicians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.