Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) (64382 Views)

Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by kettykin: 1:46am On Nov 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
Igbo men have small dicks no wonder their girls run after Yoruba men

What happens to Yoruba ladies no one seems to be marrying them
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by enemyofprogress: 2:27am On Nov 28, 2017
Yoruba 1-0 Yanmirin grin grin tongue
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 2:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Igbo woman first lady of ondo ,Paul adefarasin wife Igbo,femi Pedro former deputy governor of Lagos his son dey marry Igbo girl,one of obasanjos son dey marry Igbo girl , now whole Soyinkas son ,sheyi and wande coal want half cast they ran to Igbo girls AY and his brother Igbo girl,so who come remain for afonjas land wey Igbo no dey the family even aresekola alaos son they marry iwuanynwus daughter,anyway no better afonjas for naira land na ogbomosho and Ibadan full here

5 Likes

Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Konquest: 2:54am On Nov 28, 2017
kettykin:

Who will marry all the unmarried Yoruba ladies because from what I have seen Yoruba guys have given up on them, in a week banks and Soyinka son all married non Yorubas.
Will there be some sort of subsidy for those ladies who are stranded in Yoruba Land.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
grin ...@kettykin, your post is quite
hilarious... OK...

Only 1 in 10 Yoruba men marry non-Yoruba
women... The remaining 9 in 10 get married to
Yoruba women! Go through the "Change of Name"
sections in newspapers and you will see
that trend.

Most of the non-Muslim Yoruba men marry mainly
from Edo/Delta/Kogi axis and not to core hinterland
Ibo women from Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, etc, East of
River Niger. Others marry foreigners such as Americans,
Ivorians, Ghanaians, British, etc.

Delta North [Anioma] areas such as: Agbor, Asaba, Ukwuani, Illah,
Issele-Uku, Onicha Ugbo, Olukumi[Yoruba and Ibo-speaking] area
of Aniocha North, etc, are responsible for MOST of the marriages
that involve Yoruba men and Ibo-speaking women with some
others from Anioma part of Anambra such as Onitsha, Ogbaru,
Obosi, even Oguta in Imo State.

A little digression, Desmond Olusola Elliot's mother is from Illah in
Delta North while his father is an indigene of Olowogbowo
area of Lagos Island. [Olowogbowo is where many Yoruba
repatriates who came back from especially Sierra Leone settled and
became indigenes of Lagos Island settled after the slave
trade was abolished. Many of them where among the 91, 491
Africans from several ethnic groups who were rescued from
many slave ships from the year 1817 to about 1850s by
the British Naval ships that patrolled the Atlantic ocean
searching for illegal Portuguese, Spanish, and American slave
ships]. Yoruba returnees from Cuba and Brazil settled in
the Campos Square and Brazilian Quarters of Lagos
Island and became indigenes

Rivers/Akwa Ibom/Cross River State ladies too have
married seriously to Yoruba men. I did some research
years back out of curiosity and found these areas to be
the epicenters of marriages to Yoruba men.

I know several folks from those types of unions.

Others like Yoruba Muslims have the latitude to marry from
several Muslim communities in Nigeria: Nupe, Auchi
or Etsako in Edo, Ebira, Igala, Fulani, Hausa, etc, just like
the Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi's son who is
about to marry the Kano State Governor's daughter.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Konquest: 2:56am On Nov 28, 2017
nnokwa042:
Igbo woman first lady of ondo ,Paul adefarasin wife Igbo,femi Pedro former deputy governor of Lagos his son dey marry Igbo girl,one of obasanjos son dey marry Igbo girl , now whole Soyinkas son ,sheyi and wande coal want half cast they ran to Igbo girls AY and his brother Igbo girl,so who come remain for afonjas land wey Igbo no dey the family even aresekola alaos son they marry iwuanynwus daughter,anyway no better afonjas for naira land na ogbomosho and Ibadan full here
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Nnokwa042

Read my post right on top of this one.
It sheds more light on what you have posted.

Ifeanyi Adefarasin is from Asaba, with a white German mother.
Her late father comes from one of the Ogbe quarters or
communities in Asaba. One of late Prof. Achebe's daughter's
is married to an Ogun state man. Achebe's other
daughter is married to an Itsekiri man, while
Achebe's only son is married to an Oguta woman
from Imo State. Achebe's son said this in a Punch newspaper
interview that I read soon after his father passed on.

One of Alex Ekwueme's sons is married to an
Osun woman, I could go on. But more Yoruba
men [i.e., only 1 in 10 Yoruba men] marry from
across several ethnicities because of the practice
of Islam/Christian religions/other faiths like
Buddhism, etc, among the Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by toprealman: 3:12am On Nov 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
This boy that can not even iron his rumpled shirt...I hope he will treat this girl better than his grooming.
He is most likely an Engineer wink
True or false.....cheesy grin
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Danchibez: 4:09am On Nov 28, 2017
nice one...

Pls for ur high quality pure water packing bags contact me, call or whataspp on 08036498130
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by africanusvu(m): 4:53am On Nov 28, 2017
See profile.I am proud today.yet they aren't celebrities. Here in Nigeria of today.we have profiles like Roman goddess.huge breast.big yansh.no education. No profession. We av.kossi orjiako.profile. bigbreast.good only at showing breast at occasions. We have.banky.bobrisky.Evans etc all ar celebrity. The last educated Nigeria made celebrity is sonyinka.dropout and prostitutes makes up big celebrity
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 5:10am On Nov 28, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Afonjas are usually excited to marry from Igbo land.
That's a way to escape their people's marital insufficiency

because Igbo ladies puna is made of different meat? is it that no sensitive youth in east again perhaps nairaland just packed the runaway psychatric full here

if you read one sensitive comment from u people, 20 mumu comment must follow

the thing seems like hereditary
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by WetinConsignMe: 5:13am On Nov 28, 2017
Soyinkawedding:
Wole Soyinka's Son Marries An Igbo Girl From Imo State Next Weekend In The US

Wole and Folake Soyinka's son, Oretunlewa will be getting married to his sweetheart, Nneka Ekechukwu next weekend in the USA. A select group of close friends and relatives have been invited to the wedding. The bride and groom were born and raised in the US and have been dating for more than 8years since after they graduated from High school. They are now in their mid to late 20s.
The bride's parents Dr. Peter and Angela Ekechukwu who are from Mbaise area of Imo state are said to have formed a deep friendship with the Soyinkas as a result of the relationship of their children.

According to their website, Oretunlewa went to High School in California then attended Stanford University for his undergraduate studies. From there, he went to Harvard University for his pre-med. He is now rounding up his medical degree at Duke University, Durham North Carolina. Nneka was born and raised in South Carolina and attended high school there where she ran track for the state. She studied Information Systems at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana and upon graduation was recruited by Deloitte in Chicago, she later moved on to work at the Coca Cola Headquarters in Atlanta.
Both are children of professors who have distinguished themselves by getting their post High school education on scholarship. Their website states that they met at a programme for gifted students in the summer before their last year of High School.

The bride's attires were said to have been designed by Moofa Designs while Yomi Casual has been busy for months designing the outfits for the groom and his groomsmen.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE!!
HEARTY CONGRATS!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Danites are members of DAN (Detribalised Association of Nigeria)
**We Danites try to see individuals for what they are, not tribe.
** We try to see people as human beings, as individuals, not groups or tribes. We are too big to be just tribe. We see ourselves as human beings, as black people, as Africans, as NIGERIANS, then, way down the list, tribe.
**We make posts against tribal bigotry and hatred and posts supporting detribalization and unity of Nigeria. While seeking solutions for her innumerable problems, we encourage love for our beloved country, Nigeria, and we encourage inter-tribal connections and cooperation.
**Other than these core values, any other views expressed by any Danite are his own views and do not reflect the views of any other Danite.
**DAN is not on the side of any person, group, or party.
**All Danites have equal right to use the Danist list to express their views or to rebutt other Danites' views.
**To become a Danite, you must indicate strong interest or be nominated by a Danite.
**Please paste this part of the post to appropriate posts or threads you wish to bring to the attention of other Danites.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongrea, winterfell007, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, Horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, shervydman, ikio, iykmann, limitless777, jakd, juneoctober, hati13, panafrican, musicwriter, naijatalktown, itsmrike, enice, rossikki, dokunbam, fiftynaira, goldbim, Frankyboy1, 9jaDoc, JaffyJoe, castiello, kitaatita, VillageWinch, GhanaMustGoo, oz4real83, rafsonnggmail, Kingspin, Chukazu, Juliearth, asunaobi, dabiton, elog, Oselu28, fergie001
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by afrika(f): 5:59am On Nov 28, 2017
Is this the last boy or ? Sometimes Chic's wit the wrong manners get hooked to other tribes to tie the knots. No insult but sometimes. I married an Abeokuta guy
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by opribo(m): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2017
O damn it, no wonder that white bearded proof was boasting that he will tear his green card because he knows as a father of a citizen surely they must grant him citizenship.

Hmmm, fear the afonjas.
Btw congrats to the new couple.
Meanwhile, nobody has heard anything again about one of buha daughter they said married Ibo.
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by salt1: 6:08am On Nov 28, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Any igbo family that doesnt have a yoruba in-law,is that one a family

Thanks for making me laugh this early morning.
I think they may be preparing for when Nigeria will break up. They can then boast of being married to a 'foreigner ' and travel 'overseas ' to visit their in-laws. Not bad at all
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by miniziter(m): 6:19am On Nov 28, 2017
They said our women has yam legs yet they keep marrying them.
Afonjas and hypocrites.

Anyway happy married life to the young couple.

That's why he chose the yamless one. Your girls dey make sense small but na beards and yam leg dey spoil some.
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
Igbo men have small dicks no wonder their girls run after Yoruba men
Uh na too funny.
NIGERIA is really a funny but bitter nation
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Dreadful: 6:25am On Nov 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
This boy that can not even iron his rumpled shirt...I hope he will treat this girl better than his grooming.
Lmao
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 6:44am On Nov 28, 2017
thornapple:
Igbo girls are worth more than rubies.

Cc: darbeelicous
Nichymezor
gbam!!!! Nne u are very correct.

U in Owerri?
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 28, 2017
aguyph:
who marries an mbaise woman in this weather ask rita

Be like say you be mumu o
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by noalistic(m): 6:49am On Nov 28, 2017
kettykin:

What happens to Yoruba ladies no one seems to be marrying them
Yoruba men are first choice for every girl. No be Igbo girls dey tey to marry
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Abeg shift
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 28, 2017
Evablizin:
Ok
Cute couple,HML.
dear good day you should also marry a Yoruba man
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 28, 2017
Evablizin:
like seriously?
as in you'll enjoy a Yoruba man we no how to do everything
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:

I can see it in your eyes
you know get chill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2017
Mufasa27:
Sarki you see your life angry

You call yourself a patroit but you are on every thread trying to start useless tribal war with the backup of your zombie soldiers.

That's wole soyinka son getting married to an Ibo girl, shame to you and all your zombie gang.

I'm a yoruba boy and I stand with the igbo smiley

If you don't like go and die!!
you well so
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by sarrki(m): 7:00am On Nov 28, 2017
bamidelee:

you know get chill

Morning boss
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:

Morning boss
baba to jaye ju how every na
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 7:07am On Nov 28, 2017
bamidelee:

you well so
Direct that question to you elders at home
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 28, 2017
This boy will be fast with the wedding plans before the ojuju he did on this Biafran lady go clear.

He's feeling lucky cool cool cool
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by mapet: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2017
cyndy1000:
One thing I noticed about most educated rich people they don't wear expensive dress

I guess the answer lies in the fact that they are not suffering from inferiority complex grin
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by mapet: 7:58am On Nov 28, 2017
Lloydfather:
They said our women has yam legs yet they keep marrying them.
Afonjas and hypocrites.

Anyway happy married life to the young couple.

This was a very popular saying in my secondary school days grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

who knows, may be "Yam-legs" >> stamina grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by jamesben91(m): 8:25am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:

Chai

Our wife Nneka love the rumpled shirt like that

Mr gator on his shirt show us your bae in north Carolina
Better still anywhere

Savagery at it's peak grin grin grin
Re: Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) by otunbadreautos: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2017
" both born and raised in US" cool. The elite n d political class in this country don get sense tay tay. 90% of their children raised abroad .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.