Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,312 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Berger Paints Sacks All Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Berger Paints Sacks All Staff (30473 Views)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / Shocking! Ecobank Sacks All Tellers Bankwide / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by limamintruth: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
gist212:

All staff of Berger Paints have been dismissed. Information has it that, The staffs are said to have been on strike for the past 2 weeks because of the new living wage implemented by the company.

The new wage stops gratuity payment and adds the money to staff’s monthly salary, so that upon retirement, you get no gratuity. The new policy was said to have been implemented in 2015, which was used to create an impression of Salary increment.

Reports also has it that the management didn’t consult the staff on the matter before its implementation.

The staffs got to know about the policy recently this 2017, and then proceeded with the strike.

They have now been sacked and told to reapply if they are still interested in working for the company.

Source: http://www.primebazemedia.com/national/berger-paints-allegedly-sacks-staff/

Sai APC! Chanji dole!!! cry
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by logica(m): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
romenna:
what is the meaning of STAFFS?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/staffs
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by mgbedianya(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good for them..

Now they can demonstrate all they want.
Nwanne, I bu Onye Obinkita?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by NwaAmaikpe: 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
mgbedianya:
Nwanne, I bu Onye Obinkita?

Yes.....

Abu m onye ezi Akweke na Obinkita.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by InvertedHammer: 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
gist212:

All staff of Berger Paints have been dismissed. Information has it that, The staffs are said to have been on strike for the past 2 weeks because of the new living wage implemented by the company.

The new wage stops gratuity payment and adds the money to staff’s monthly salary, so that upon retirement, you get no gratuity. The new policy was said to have been implemented in 2015, which was used to create an impression of Salary increment.

Reports also has it that the management didn’t consult the staff on the matter before its implementation.

The staffs got to know about the policy recently this 2017, and then proceeded with the strike.

They have now been sacked and told to reapply if they are still interested in working for the company.

Source: http://www.primebazemedia.com/national/berger-paints-allegedly-sacks-staff/

I don't get it. If the gratuity is added to their salaries, couldn't they take the money and invest/save the fund themselves? Did they consider the plight of the ones that retired in Nigeria and cannot access their gratuity/pension? I think the strike was unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by akanbiaa(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
gist212:

They were even enjoying that gratuity was added to main salary, people who can plan and manage resources well will have no problem if they have endured it, because there are organization that despite removing gratuity from your salary for many years after retirement you will wait endlessly for it, its either been stolen or used for other things.

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by SalamRushdie: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jiang:
well, suckz to be them

I will always prefer to save my own money personally than to allow som1 to do it for me, but i guess people are diffrent

Don't mind them , people love to hold other responsible for what they can't do because all the company has done is to tell them to save their gratuity themselves yet they are scared to

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Lowoa: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dont mind the olodo

romenna:
what is the meaning of STAFFS?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by AngelicBeing: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I don't get it. If the gratuity is added to their salaries, couldn't they take the money and invest/save the fund themselves? Did they consider the plight of the ones that retired in Nigeria and cannot access their gratuity/pension? I think the strike was unnecessary.
l thought I was the only one who was thinking the same thing, collect the gratuity monthly, save it yourself. Qed sad

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by tomakint: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
Keneking:
Buhari sef angry angry angry
Harsh economic conditions have led employers to take drastic action to cut cost sad
To those fired, one road closes, another opens, take heart embarassed
Useless APC led government cry cry cry
Jonathan sorry for the wrong name calling... cry
But where is lalasticlala sef now embarassed

......but I remembered warning you then Keneking about APC an Buhari now the drama has just began..... grin cheesy reality.com

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by famosh: 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
Keneking:
Harsh economic conditions have led employers to take drastic action to cut cost sad
The usual unintelligence that many Jonathanians & ipobians are known for. You should have been a jonathanian right from time, bro, because you get their kin IQ. Do you understand the story at all? Don't just yarn crap simply because you can!

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by femo122: 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
Too bad
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by luvinhubby(m): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
Keneking:

Good morning
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Ogbodoo: 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
Like seriously? A thread says "Julius Berger Staff" and this says "Berger Paints" staff.

Anyway, whoever they maybe, they should stop sacking people abeg.

Still looking for that dream job or simply want to recruit, see my signature for the website. It is real and free!
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by famosh: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Don't mind them , people love to hold other responsible for what they can't do because all the company has done is to tell them to save their gratuity themselves yet they are scared to
Honestly! I don't get how a private company giving you your gratuity to save yourself becomes a problem. And you still have unintelligent Nigerians here calling for the head of the government on this one. Nawa sha!

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by chloride6: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Using your logic.... why cant the company keep it for them?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Why would this guy fire all his staff....na wa o.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by chloride6: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
All these silly sods on nairaland asking why people cant keep their gratuity for themselves, I have a few questions for you.

1. Why cant the company keep it too? Is there a shortage of accounts?

2. The report has not spoken about gratuity that should have accrued as a result the years worked before the new policy. Is that to be forgotten by the staff?

3. Can we ascertain if the increment actually corresponds to the right amount of gratuity owed per year? Is it Inflation adjusted?

4. Can we be sure this is not a gimmick by the management not to increase salaries as staff may be due for salary increment?

5. I hope you know that this does not exempt the company from making the stipulated contribution towards NSITF. Those are two separate payments.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by whizcartel(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
OP. How I go take apply?

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
I did my IT in this company tho, very terrible paint company

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by juman(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
APC has destroyed nigeria.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by zikter(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
famosh:

Honestly! I don't get how a private company giving you your gratuity to save yourself becomes a problem. And you still have unintelligent Nigerians here calling for the head of the government on this one. Nawa sha!
which company is still paying gratuity these days? since the consolidated pension scheme started, companies have stopped gratuity. l pray my company give me all my pension today and continue paying it to me in future. I have many ways to profitably invest my money. after all I don't even know who may later embezzle it.

3 Likes

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by kallycjn(f): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is serious. Where are we heading to[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by InvertedHammer: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
chloride6:

Using your logic.... why cant the company keep it for them?
They can. But Nigeria is too unstable to plan your gratuity on any company. Just take a look at what many pensioners are going through in recent times. Isn't it better to get the money when you can?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by honor4me: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Miles300:
Some people will still come here and say Buhari should continue in 2019
Reason well. Is Buhari the MD of the company?

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by honor4me: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
tomakint:

......but I remembered warning you then Keneking about APC an Buhari now the drama has just began..... grin cheesy reality.com
Bad analogy.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by chloride6: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

They can. But Nigeria is too unstable to plan your gratuity on any company. Just take a look at what many pensioners are going through in recent times. Isn't it better to get the money when you can?

Tell yourself what you like but this development isn't because of any planning constraints, it just the same old script where a company tries to fleece hardworking people of their money because they are in a lawless country.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by InvertedHammer: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
chloride6:

Tell yourself what you like but this development isn't because of any planning constraints, it just the same old script where a company tries to fleece hardworking people of their money because they are in a lawless country.

Their gratuities were being paid monthly. They were not fleeced. At least you agreed that it is a lawless country--the more reason they should get it while they still can.

1 Like

Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by sshalom(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is serious. May GOD open new doors for all of them.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by galaxy2020(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Buhari see where you brought us, pls come back and complete ur tenure.
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by chloride6: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Their gratuities were being paid monthly. They were not fleeced. At least you agreed that it is a lawless country--the more reason they should get it while they still can.

So why not come clean with the staff before embarking on such a measure. The shameless company lied to the staff that their salaries were increased only to say something else almost 2 years later.

Who does that?

Mr man, if you can not answer the following questions do not quote me again.

Why cant the company keep it too? Is there a shortage of accounts?

2. The report has not spoken about gratuity that should have accrued as a result the years worked before the new policy. Is that to be forgotten by the staff?

3. Can we ascertain if the increment actually corresponds to the right amount of gratuity owed per year? Is it Inflation adjusted?

4. Can we be sure this is not a gimmick by the management not to increase salaries as staff may be due for salary increment?
Re: Berger Paints Sacks All Staff by Bigmex: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
bjhaid:
I did my IT in this company tho, very terrible paint company

Hmm. I actually got an offer from the coy early this year but i shenked it cos i was loving wer i am presently. so bro tell me, how terrible was it working there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks To Slash Salaries By 30%? / Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.