Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. (5501 Views)

Nourish Your Dull Dry Skin With Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion / Dry Skin, Help!! / Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by U1(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2010
Please can someone give me ideas on how to deal with rather dry, flaky and peeling skin? I have been using moisturising creams for so long with no improvements whatsoever. The harmattan down here in Ibadan, where I am right now has worsen matter.

Any idea I could use, please?
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by face969: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
Buy E45 cream
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by ab1989: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
All these chemicalised cream will worsen the case, can you try (Aloelot cream) aloe vera based cream prepared naturally from Aloe vera of America with their offices in Lagos, Warri, Portharcourt& Abuja. You will definately get result that you will recommend it to other people.For more details contact modupeaderonke@yahoo.com or 08032451201
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by yjay(f): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
U1:

Please can someone give me ideas on how to deal with rather dry, flaky and peeling skin? I have been using moisturising creams for so long with no improvements whatsoever. The harmattan down here in Ibadan, where I am right now has worsen matter.

i think the question is wat kind of moisturizers ve u been using neutrogena norwegian body lotion for dry skin is effective, u can also use olay - make sure u always purchase wat your skin needs, u definitely need to look out for lotions formulated for dry skin, then always apply your lotion while your skin is still damp to lock in moisture, u can also add a body oil to your moisturizer,,,,
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by U1(m): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2010
Thanks for all the ideas, folks. I'll see what I can do with it.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by mitchyy(f): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2010
Hi nlanders,
my skin has suddenly become extremely. I dont know the cause but av tried using neutrogena body lotion but it doesnt moisturise my skin enough. Am contemplating buying aveeno daily moisturising body lotion.
Any ideas please on products effective for dry skin?
Should i discontinue the olay bar soap am using and get a body wash instead?
Help plz.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by sashaa(f): 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2010
Try 'jergens ultra healing' thats wat i use and its effective. Even during harmattan my skin never turns white or peel.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by whiteroses(f): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
jergens shea butter that one is a gift from above
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by naijadiva2(f): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
or y not use good ol' fashion shea butter, its all natural and free from chemicals
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by dominique(f): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
sashaa:

Try 'jergens ultra healing' thats wat i use and its effective. Even during harmattan my skin never turns white or peel.

you're so right. that's what i use and i alsohave very dry skin though i mix it with petroleum jelly in harsh Abuja harmattan.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by sashaa(f): 2:27am On Jul 08, 2010
dominique:

you're so right. that's what i use and i alsohave very dry skin though i mix it with petroleum jelly in harsh Abuja harmattan.
yeah, if i were up there, i'll prolly be doing d same. I'm in the east.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by dominique(f): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2010
sashaa:

yeah, if i were up there, i'll prolly be doing d same. I'm in the east.

harmattan in the north is something else. at times so bad that you see your skin cracking open right before your eyes cry. i use thr jergens/petroleum jelly combo atleast twice a day.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by mitchyy(f): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2010
Thanks y'all for the suggestions.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by InkedNerd(f): 5:03am On Jul 09, 2010
Try using oils like jojoba oil or olive oil and body butter instead of lotions and creams. I used body oil on my skin. I rarely use lotion.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nothing and I mean NOTHING beat aveeno body moisturizer. I started developing dry skin
lately too cos of winter, so I decided to give it a try, my skin look amazing again.
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by romsky: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
mitchyy:

Hi nlanders,
my skin has suddenly become extremely. I dont know the cause but av tried using neutrogena body lotion but it doesnt moisturise my skin enough. Am contemplating buying aveeno daily moisturising body lotion.
Any ideas please on products effective for dry skin?
Should i discontinue the olay bar soap am using and get a body wash instead?
Help plz.

u can try aveeno soap for normal to oily skin as well
i wish i had a dry skin as well
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by anifatolu: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
U1:

Use SheaMoisture Olive & Green tea soap & Lotion
Call: 07083062752
BBM Channel: http://pin.bbm.com/C00299A49
Facebook Page: Sheaorganicbeauty
Re: Dealing With Dry Skin. Ideas, Please. by homesodear: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Flawless Skin Managers Do It yourself Skin Lightening Training and Skill Development seminar
Course Title: Effective Skincare routine to naturally lightening the skin
Duration: 2 days
Cost per head: N40, 000
Date: 23rd and 24th May, 2015
Venue: Wellness Place, Second Floor, Buffalo House, 2 Allen Avenue , Ikeja, Lagos.
Course objectives: At the end of the training, participants would have had adequate knowledge on how to develop a basic skincare routine in natural skin maintenance and lightening.
Who should attend? Models, Spas and Beauty parlours owners, Skin therapists, Cosmetics/Skin care entrepreneurs, aspiring business owners, Open to all male and female
Coverage:
• Skin Anatomy
• Personal Skin Care Regimen for Flawless Skin(AM/PM)
• Facials for different skin Types
• Home Fruit Based Peels
• How to use Chemical Peels
• Removal of dark Spots, Dark knuckles and Dark Knees
• Acne/Essential oil Treatment
• Skin lightening Diet
• Essential oils for Skin Lightening
• Homemade Cream recipes for Skin lightening (Night use)
• Homemade Facial Wipes/ Vitamin C Serum/Anti ageing Antioxidants
• Stretch Marks removal that really works!!
Time: Saturday, May 23rd, 10am to 4pm, Sunday, May 24th, 2pm to 5pm
FEES include Registration and Lecture, Course Materials, Skin care goody bags, Product sampling, Group Photograph, Snacks and Lunch and Certificate of Participation.

PARTICIPATION: Please confirm your participation by calling or whatsapp on 08034917464. Free gift for the first 20 to register.
DISCOUNTS: Participants referring 3 or more individuals will receive 10% discount off the fee.
You could also send an email to flawlessskinmanagers@gmail.com for more enquiries.

(1) (Reply)

Every Lady Deserves A Befitting Bag / Shea Butter, Coconut Oil Palava / Does Washing The Face With Sponge Promote Acne?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.