Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec (6915 Views)

How To Know If Someone Is Tracking Your Phone / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking / How To Know Fake And Original Infinix Smartphone And Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Techipulse(m): 12:47am On Jun 21, 2017
sigmundfreud:
Better person... Make I follow you. Not all these Evans, Davido, Tonto etc. posters.

Thumbs up..
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Marvel1206: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2017
abumeinben:
For those "accolading" the op, you need to ask if he'd done any of those apart from *#06# for IMEI.

Be careful what hardware code you dial on your keypad, you might just be giving away useful info to phone manufacturers, ISPs, or even damage your phone, beyond repair.

You're warned!
Lol. How does dialing a USSD code give away 'useful' info to phone manufacturers as you call it? I knew about some of them before now.
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by abumeinben(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Techipulse:

Those code are safe, it has all be tested by me and they all working as said, so Don't mislead anyone..

Who says they're not working? Why would they integrate a non-working code in a device that has passed ISO, QC test?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by abumeinben(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Marvel1206:

Lol. How does dialing a USSD code give away 'useful' info to phone manufacturers as you call it? I knew about some of them before now.

I laugh you in Technology
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Marvel1206: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2017
abumeinben:

I laugh you in Technology
Man, I know what tech can do. These codes have been around for a long time. Your fear isn't necessary. Have you tried em?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by abumeinben(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2017
Marvel1206:

Man, I know what tech can do. These codes have been around for a long time. Your fear isn't necessary. Have you tried em?

If you knew about tech, as you claimed, you would know why those codes where there in the first place.
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Marvel1206: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2017
abumeinben:

If you knew about tech, as you claimed, you would know why those codes where there in the first place.
You are sounding like someone who is scared of dialing *556# out of fear if his phone's information being leaked.. Can you now see how unconnected it is?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by abumeinben(m): 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Marvel1206:
You are sounding like someone who is scared of dialing *556# out of fear if his phone's information being leaked.. Can you now see how unconnected it is?

Mr. Guru, you need to understand the difference between USSD for software and that for hardware.

You can start with command prompt and BIOS config
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Marvel1206: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
abumeinben:

Mr. Guru, you need to understand the difference between USSD for software and that for hardware.

You can start with command prompt and BIOS config
So *#06# -the one you could vouch for- is for?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by abumeinben(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Marvel1206:

So *#06# -the one you could vouch for- is for?

That's hardware code.

But it's alright bro. Do whatever you want.
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Marvel1206: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
abumeinben:

That's hardware code.

But it's alright bro. Do whatever you want.
These codes are also. Even tho *#06# is a mandated general code and these ain't, they ain't harmful. Think about the *#0000# or so which is used on Nokia phones in checking ' about phone'. It isn't a general code. *#*#4636#*#* will work on almost any android phone and *#002# which is used in cancelling call diversion can be used on almost any phone so no harm in trying it. I've been using them before now, you could as well try it out.
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by koskilala: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Will this catch a thief?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Techipulse(m): 1:32am On Jun 22, 2017
koskilala:
Will this catch a thief?

Yes it will catch u
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by MarkWayne89: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
This is some great information you're sharing, but, however, I don't think that there should be so much panic regarding this topic. How many of you actually worried that their phone is tracked?
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Techipulse(m): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
MarkWayne89:
This is some great information you're sharing, but, however, I don't think that there should be so much panic regarding this topic. How many of you actually worried that their phone is tracked?

Please help me tell them

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by Techipulse(m): 4:23am On Apr 20, 2019
thats good to know
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by seunfly: 6:05am On Apr 20, 2019
This kind of things doesn't get to front page.
Re: How To Know Who Is Tracking You Through Your Smartphone And What To Do To Protec by bravesoul247(m): 6:43am On Apr 20, 2019
Thanks OP. But who really wants to track me? How much I get sef? Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 9790 (bold 6) Touch Screen Problems / Airtel Router Is A Scam, Do Not Buy!!!! / Tecno Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Official Discusion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.