Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates (17434 Views)

Tempers Rising As FG Mulls Sack Of Service Chiefs / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs / 2019 Elections: What Buhari Discussed With Service Chiefs In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Blackfire(m): 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
First to comment
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by teebell999(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
since buhari became president,,,nigeria has become a joke,..well,,amadioha nd ogun should pls kum and punish all dose apc chanting fools on dis platform,,,nd if u dare quote me to tell me nonsense,,ur case is different

U fear been quoted because your write up is bullshit!! Grow up kid!

1 Like

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Worksunlimited: 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
jellea:
Who noticed that IGBOS were missing

It's too early to start all this..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Guk: 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
"In this category is Major-General Pat Akem. Having been born on 23 July 1960, he is approaching 57 and should have exited the service last year when he turned 56 in line with the HTACOS. Military sources told SaharaReporters that he owes his continued stay in service to his closeness with acting President Yemi Osinbajo"

Sahara Reporters, why are you contradicting yourself? You are the one who reported last year 2016 that Maj Gen Pat Akem had been compulsorily retired and with another mouth saying that he is still in service becos of V.P Osinbajo........which one na Can he be retired and be in service at the same time?
https://secure.saharareporters.com/2016/06/12/list-senior-army-officers-compulsorily-retired-nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by edoyad(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
Add to that CG customs, Retiree from army from Army brought to chop.
DG DSS, retiree brought back to chop in the same Agency.
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by glad7: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Everything+in+naija+is+about+knowing+and+being+connected+to+powers+that+be.+That+is+ugly+and+corrupt+practices.+%0a
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by slivertongue: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
NEPOTISM
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Upwardmobile: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
Assuming these people were announced to have been retired for reasons provided in this article, are we not going to be the same people who will be sorting the names and accusing the military of weeding out southerners from the military.? Won't we have started another conspiracy theory?
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by brojoshua: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
The corrupt ones at work as usual
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by ehinmowo: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
the level of investigative journalism of SR is out of the world (Africa )
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by ddjay: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
aolawale025:
Maybe they are been retained so their experiences can be called upon in the war against BH
dey can do dat as civilians or legionnaires
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by jiorhemen(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
AhluSunnah:
never believe anything reported from sahara. dey lie pass lai muhammed K

It's true, it really happened and I am aware of it. I personally know most of the officers mentioned. However, it's not illegal, though it's against the armed forces rules of retirement. The service chiefs have the power to effectuate such extensions. Sometimes, some people are asked not to go because the service chief wants to draw from their wealth of experience and wants to govern the affairs of the service with them. The only problem is that things like this blocks the elevation of junior officers who should be occupying the positions, hence, the complaints.

2 Likes

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Realhommie(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
AhluSunnah:
never believe anything reported from sahara. dey lie pass lai muhammed K
This piece of info is actually very detailed...

1 Like

Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Realhommie:
This piece of info is actually very detailed...
SAHARA ARE KNOWN FOR PROMOTING APC PROPAGANDA
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
jiorhemen:

It's true, it really happened and I am aware of it. I personally know most of the officers mentioned. However, it's not illegal, though it's against the armed forces rules of retirement. The service chiefs have the power to effectuate such extensions. Sometimes, some people are asked not to go because the service chief wants to draw from their wealth of experience and wants to govern the affairs of the service with them. The only problem is that things like this blocks the elevation of junior officers who should be occupying the positions, hence, the complaints.
SAHARA SUCKS BRO
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by Realhommie(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
AhluSunnah:
SAHARA ARE KNOWN FOR PROMOTING APC PROPAGANDA
K
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by jiorhemen(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
AhluSunnah:
SAHARA SUCKS BRO
No, I wasn't trying to authenticate or debunk Sahara's credibility. I was just trying to talk about the extension of service time of officers who are due for retirement.
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by agabusta: 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
jellea:
Who noticed that IGBOS were missing

undecided
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by 2packer(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
jiorhemen:

No, I wasn't trying to authenticate or debunk Sahara's credibility. I was just trying to talk about the extension of service time of officers who are due for retirement.

Most of the senior officers mentioned here have long retired. Info not accurate. Saharareporters get your facts right.
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by jiorhemen(m): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
2packer:

Most of the senior officers mentioned here have long retired. Info not accurate. Saharareporters get your facts right.
No, Iya and Gbum (who is a senior to the present CAS) haven't retired. Chukwu and Nyoko retired last year after an extension, and that was clearly stated in the article
Re: How Service Chiefs Illegally Extend Military Careers Of Course Mates by 2packer(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=jiorhemen post=57699908]
No, Iya and Gbum (who is a senior to the present CAS) haven't retired. Chukwu and Nyoko retired last year after an extension, and that was clearly .

oguntola and Anyakpele are retired as well. That's y I said info not completely on point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP / Reno Criticizes Obi's $30 million Brewery Instead Of IPP In Anambra / AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.