Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,900 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist (16163 Views)

Southern Kaduna Massacre Of 184: Protests In Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja Over Killing / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by stephenduru: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ref No. CZ:4570/PCRRU/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.1/4 Date: 20th June, 2017.

PCRRU NEWS BULLETIN 02/2017: TWO TRAFFIC WARDENS DISMISSED FOR EXTORTION
· IGP Idris “we will not allow corrupt practices to continue"

Two Traffic Wardens F/No. 394120 GDI Musa Muktari and F/No. 10627 GDII Shuaibu Suleman attached to Wuse Police Division, FCT Abuja Command have been dismissed from service with immediate effect for corrupt practice. This followed an Orderly Room trial at the Provost Department, Force Headquarters Abuja in which both wardens were found guilty of abuse of office, soliciting and receiving a bribe contrary to Paragraph  C sub (IV), (VI) and (II) of the 1st Schedule of the Police Act and Regulation CAP 370 of 1990.

THE CASE AGAINST THE EX-TRAFFIC WARDENS
On 30th May, 2017

A motorist Mr. AG (real name withheld) came to the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) FHQ Abuja and reported that while driving his vehicle on 29th May, 2017 (12:30pm) along Wuse market road he was accosted by two Traffic Wardens who accused him of “beating traffic light” despite the fact that he did not. That the wardens started demanding for bribe before they will allow him go and they led him to an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) not far from the scene where he was forced to make a withdrawal of fifteen tgousand Naira (N15,000) from his account which he gave to the traffic wardens. He also stated that one of the wardens forgot his mobile phone in his car.

PCRRU immediately launched an investigation (Tracking Number PCRRU475669), both traffic wardens were identified and apprehended. The sum of N15,000 earlier extorted from the complainant was recovered from both wardens (N7,500 each as money was already shared).

Both wardens were subsequently defaulted and referred to the Force Provost Marshal FHQ Abuja for Orderly Room trial (photo attached) during which all witnesses were called, exhibits were presented and defaulters (both wardens)  heard. The adjudicating officer found both defaulters guilty as charged and recommended punishment of dismissal from service. The orderly room proceeding has been reviewed by the appropriate NPF authority and the punishment approved with immediate effect. Traffic warden uniforms, ID cards and all police accoutrements issued to the men have been retrieved and all other dismissal procedure completed.

The complainant has also been handed back his N15,000 (photo attached) with an apology from the PCRRU. The visibly delighted man while collecting his money said "I never thought this could happen in this country; the officers punished and my money returned to me. God bless the IG, I will go out and spread the news about PCRRU to everyone".

Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim Idris NPM, mni has commended the complainant for exposing this unprofessional and unacceptable conduct of these traffic wardens.He also stated that "we will not allow corrupt practices to continue". IGP equally enjoins members of the public to make use of the PCRRU platform which is available 24/7.

PCRRU says No to impunity, as promised our quick response will put a smile on your face.

ACP ABAYOMI SHOGUNLE.
ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
PUBLIC COMPLAINT RAPID RESPONSE UNIT (PCRRU),
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE, FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA.

PCRRU say No to Impunity
CONTACT PCRRU 24/7 via: Calls Only: 0805 700 0001, 0805 700 0002 | SMS and WhatsApp Only: 0805 700 0003, BBM:58A2B5DE

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/06/two-traffic-wardens-dismissed-for.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by smartty68(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
The continuous taking of bribes has blinded them in such a way that they don't know the right time to collect bribe anymore... One of the warden even forget his phone... Imagine...

Good ridiance. A lesson for all

7 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by madridguy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
grin grin grin GOOD FOR THEM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Stinson007(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
They collectrd 5k two years ago from me at Garki, i went to thesame school as the IG kyari. Hope it's enough reason to return my money too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by HeOrShe: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
The problem is not that they collected bribe..

The problem is that dey refused to settle my oga at d top or the briber knows somebody that has d phone number of my oga at d top...

4 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by frisky2good(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dem don chop am finish.
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by otokx(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by shammah1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
It's obvious that those dismissed ran out of luck. They must also dismiss 99% of police officers because they're all the same

10 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by crestedaguiyi: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
hahahaha
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
smiley smiley smiley good for them... this would serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by UwaBuPawPaw: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Because dem pocket d money..Hiss*

Ogas r d main thieves
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by marooh: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Onye oshi na akpo onyeoshi ebe ona ezu oshi shocked

Thief dey call him fellow thief "Theif"

This is warning to all the petty civil servant
If you are not elephant or u don't have elephant abeg no join the fight at all

You see Evans wey be elephant will soon be release after all the billion stolen

But because of 15k I mean 15k chai cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Missonas(f): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
grin grin grin police dey dismiss person on top bribe matter it is well o

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
The police is ur friend...
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by NCANTaskForce: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell, sad angry sad

Until the ones collecting #50 will be dismissed,

That's when i'll take them ​serious, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by joe4real12: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
Two family heads just lost their jobs cos of greed.

To their families I say

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Loba19: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Kudos to the fct Council
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by adeshinacute(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
If you in kwara state (UK used) I phone 6 (16gig) for sale @ 119k check my Signature for my contact or come to our shop @ challenge in ilorin

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by columbus007(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Mehn,how will dis ones eat or feed their families now undecided
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by unitedsurv: 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
na dem the so called religion of piss followers undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by collinsJn(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
I Hope They Extend It To All These Police Men collecting Bribes On Our highway.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by tellwisdom: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Are these ones working with Evans?

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by twilliamx(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ntoooor.. if u fit chop, u suppose fit vomit

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by twilliamx(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Naso
Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by FTrebirth(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
these guys are just unfortunate scapegoats. there's more to this story than what was reported.

what's the difference between the dismissed and the dismisser?

all police officers accept bribe!

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by collinsJn(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
adeshinacute:
If you in kwara state (UK used) I phone 6 (16gig) for sale @ 119k check my Signature for my contact or come to our shop @ challenge in ilorin

Seen. U Sell N80,000 ? Make I Pay U Cash

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by aminadat: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Police cannot survive without bribe. This is not fare with these two officers with peanut salaries. Next thing now, they will turn to armed robbers or Evans the Kidnapper.
nigeria newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Kelvinortabo(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by chuksjuve(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
scape goats...

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by pafek(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
na so police stop me today, after vigorous checking, d only thing de could come up with was that my sales agreement isn't with postal stamp.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by Osolo1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
Abuja police, on two separate occasions they had deliberately lied just to implicate me,on one occasion a police woman at the traffic light accused me of using my phone while driving and I immediately checked the time,gave her my phone and asked her to show me the last dialled or received call in everyone's presence. Just know the law and follow and know extortionist will devour your hard earned money.

2 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss 2 Traffic Wardens In Abuja Over N15k Bribe From A Motorist by noskeybaba: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
if they start sacking police officers for bribe, in 1 month Nigerian police will start a massive recruitment.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Onigbinde: My Resignation Has Nothing To Do With Bashing I Received Online / Outrage Greets FG's Threat To Monitor Vips, Others’ Social Media Posts / Chibuike Onyeukwu: Ihedioha Did Not Dump Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.