Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat (60269 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / EFCC Accuses 10 Banks Of Money Laundering / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by petsarena: 11:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:
Nigerianisation of a foreign owned telecoms company. Clear signal to foreign investors to keep off.

But, why is it that every corporate organisation headed by Hakeem Bello Osagie runs into crises and is eventually sold, first was UBA that was sold to Elumelu's Standard Trust and now Etisalat Nig?

Something must be wrong, may be the blood of those disgruntled pensioners owed in former UBA are crying for vengeance when he was the chairman. Its a pity though.
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by peculiar32(f): 12:42am On Jun 21, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
This should not be an issue. Businesses fail all the time, and deals are made towards either restructuring the business or taking it over
I don't feel bad for any of the directors as they are already quite wealthy.

My prayers and thoughts goes out to the poor staff of the company, especially the contract staff who usually end up getting laid off. I pray the Almighty sees you through this uncertain period.

Amen
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by sfinkzslot(m): 1:02am On Jun 21, 2017
ditto
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by ernieboy(m): 1:29am On Jun 21, 2017
luvinhubby:
Nigerianisation of a foreign owned telecoms company. Clear signal to foreign investors to keep off.

But, why is it that every corporate organisation headed by Hakeem Bello Osagie runs into crises and is eventually sold, first was UBA that was sold to Elumelu's Standard Trust and now Etisalat Nig?
uba merged with standard trust it was not sold. as a matter of fact it seems uba was the major partner in that merger
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Tinyemeka(m): 5:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Sau Buhari!

Sai chanji!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Themandator: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2017
You ought to have google the transaction to know how much they paid for the licence after which NCC gave same to the Glo MTN got theirs through the acquisition of that firm owned by Zenith Bank owner .....I can't recall the name of the telecom company.

Exchange rate made them basically default in their obligation, I have stated this fact in a similar thread but how they spent the money is what I am discussing now. Paying over 200$ dollar for something that finally went to others for way less was crazy and unjustifiable and I sometime believe that both those who bought and sold the licence ought to be investigated, including the NCC.

How can they pay so much for a licence and less than a month or thereabouts you announce your intention to issue same licence.
Dangote got the licence as a gift from OBJ to encourage him to invest in the sector through Alheri Engineering which he later sold. Was there no condition to the licence that if he doesn't use it he should return it to the NCC

chloride6:

That license even from the NCC doesn't cost more than $20m.

They defaulted on a nearly $2 billion dollar loan.

That can hardly be the reason. I think they were over exposed to the devaluation of the Naira.

You borrow at 160 a dollar and now it's 305 which is nearly twice the price, that' s if you can even get it.

Coupled with increased cost of operations (diesel and all) in a receding economy where people are spending less and opting for alternative such as whatsapp.

Even Einsteins financial projections would have brought me brought a bad hair day.

Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Skappy44(m): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2017
instead of them to keep promoting it
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Cleopatra4(f): 8:43am On Jun 21, 2017
bonifieldstun:
I wish it was mtn
Me too embarassed
Etisalat d best network so far..
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Claessique1(f): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Etisalat, just when you ressurect back, stop your massive influx of adverts, you really always the first to do a good ad, it's good, very creative but trust me, there has to be limitation.
I bet you spend a whole lot to get those ads on all broadcast stations ( electronic, print and internet).....
Look at others, Airtel can run one ad for a long period of time, e get why, that dosent stop them from getting more subscribers, as stingy and annoying they might be.. .......
I'm just saying oooo.. .one of the factors I think.
Plus poor management.. ............

Just imagine if we've got good/stable power supply in NIGERIA, things would sure be better for us all........ Ehn.
If you realise how much all this people spend to keep their business running on diesel, you wee weep................
Re: The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat by Abduljohn(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
aint:
your thinking faculty needs prayers

I believe you should exercise decorum when addressing issues on internet in as much I won't engage words with you try to be matured in ur comments next time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Lucrative Businesses Nigerians Can Do In 2017 / Femi Otedola Rocks Nigerian Jersey, Davido Reacts / Wedding Invite Of Fatima Aliko Dangote And Jamil Abubakar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.