Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,386 members, 7,850,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 (898 Views)

$2.1bn Arms: Festus Keyamo Explains Why Jonathan Might Not Be Prosecuted / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun / Jonathan Might Win The Elections In 2015(see Statistics)!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Jonathan might decide to run come 2011, because as it is now,  the time he would spend being the President of Nigeria is dwindling by the hour. In Novemeber 2009 he would have spent  1 year and 6 months or 18 months if he had ascended into that office, now it is down to 15 months as at January 2010. With the little taste he has already manage to get of what one can be construed to being in the Presidency with some semblance of Presidential powers, any sane man or a man born of a woman would want to taste more of it,  I am sure he would be saying to himself, men,  I aint giving this up without a fight, after all the South-South lays the golden eggs that Abuja and Yaradua’s is surviving on.

The fact that Yaradua is alive today can only be attributed to the Petrol $dollars he and his family are spending without any care in the world. It is times like this I wish we are a Banana Republic, (as if we are not already one ), A country without a lot of money, by now,  Yaradua would have long gone to his maker, his survival is only guranteed by the steady stream of petrol dollar from the creeks of the Delta to Abuja.

The irony of this flagrant misuse of our petrol $dollars is the fact that  countless women and baby die yearly of child birth in the Niger delta, yet the Yaradua’s are spending our money and our commonwealth as if there is no tomorrow.

I have being thinking thus, if the North want to rule come 2011, they had better hand over now b4 it gets too late. If it gets too late, I would like to see how anyone will be able to force and convince a 49 year old Phd holder that he doesn’t have what it takes to run a country as complex as ours, how would anyone tell him to retire at his prime.

Well may be the Northerners will tell their army friends to grasp power as usual, If that happens, then the full balkanisation of  the Nigeria polity will begin in earnest and without much ado. The conflagration that would ensue would consume all asunder, I pray we don’t live to see that day.

The fact that there is a large Southern diasporic force abroad means arms can be sourced on the International markets and contributions from the over 10 million Nigerians who are currently contributing $10 billion dollars to the Nigerian economy can easily be persuaded to divert that fund to the defeat of the Bilandi forces from the North,  the war effort would be co-ordinated efficiently with the added advantage of knowing a Super-power would be behind our forces, the total annihilation of the marauding and fanatical killers from the North is more at sight than never before. What the Oyo empire could not accomplish in the 18 th century would be achieved by the forces of Southern Nigeria because enough is enough.   sad

George Bush said with the commencement of the war on terror,  you are either with us or against us. The world knows where Southern Nigeria stands in the divide, where does the North stand ?  undecided
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by naijaswag1: 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
He should forget it,the north have not completed their 8 years.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by KnowAll(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2010

Well I will not bet my last Naira, dollar, pounds on that. We all know it is the North's turn but they should do the honourable thing and follow the constitution to its letter. 150 MILLION Nigerians does not have to be a soothsayer to know something is wrong with Mr President. Even the blind in Sabo knows that.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
Just for the record, he'll certainly lose.
I pray he doesn't lose his life as well.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by KunleOshob(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
@Topic
That is the exact reason why they don't want him to "act". As acting president, if he decideds to run he would have the power of incumbency [which is very real in naija] plus unlimited access to the national treasury to finance his war chest in the 2011 elections. As we all know politics in naija is about who has more money to spend. That is apart from the fact the the northerners know they don't have one single credible candidate that would be allowed to run. [that is apart form el-rufai and nuhu ribadu that have been hounded into exile by their kinsman]
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by heilige(m): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
Can you hear his name. Goodluck. He deserves his own 4 or 8years. We need a breath of fresh air in 9ja. It should not only be yoruba or hausa. Minorities should also get thier chance. Igbo should also get thier chance someday.

Hausas can bring in rtd. col Umar from Kaduna to run for them, but i guess he is not a politician.

Who said hausas have not finished thier 8years must be ignorant. Presidency should be about who was elected, and not who was imposed on us. We all know that with a free and fair primarys and elections a hausa man cannot be 9ja's president. No offence to our hausa bros. They should also remember that ibos did not have up to a year, before hausas struck.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by Goldmind1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
Nigeria is getting ready to explode. I should make fast and move into Perth, Australia before this begins.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 2:43am On Jan 26, 2010
KnowAll:

Well I will not bet my last Naira, dollar, pounds on that. We all know it is the North's turn but they should do the honourable thing and follow the constitution to its letter. 150 MILLION Nigerians does not  have to be a soothsayer to know something is wrong with Mr President. Even the blind in Sabo knows that.

You really think it is the North's turn?

Ok look at this scenario: If a fresh Northerner takes over in 2011, do you think he will be willing to reliquish power in 2015 after just 4 years, just so that the South can now take its turn??

The wise thing for southerners to do now is to checkmate the north by either by sopporting Jonathan to continue in 2011 or by fielding a very credible candidate that would knock out any potential tribalistic northerner.

For me, If the north presents candidates like Ribadu or El Rufai easily vote them many other southerners except the likes of Donald Duke or Fashola.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by heilige(m): 11:20am On Jan 26, 2010
The bad eggs in the north are scared of the words Ribadu or El Rufia.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2010
You really think it is the North's turn?

Ok look at this scenario: If a fresh Northerner takes over in 2011, do you think he will be willing to reliquish power in 2015 after just 4 years, just so that the South can now take its turn??

The wise thing for southerners to do now is to checkmate the north by either by sopporting Jonathan to continue in 2011 or by fielding a very credible candidate that would knock out any potential tribalistic northerner.

For me, If the north presents candidates like Ribadu or El Rufai easily vote them many other southerners except the likes of Donald Duke or Fashola.

To be sincere, Yaradua's illness has thrown all the calculations, permutataions and scheming into dust bin, the stake holders of the ruling party had better come up with a new plan.

Plan A is history, Plan B should commence,  the names of some current Governors from the NW and NC regions mentioned recently in some recent press release as possible candidates for the post of  VP to Jonathan does not stir any emotion or inspire anticipation of good things to come.

The North had better bite the bullet and accept that the only credible candidate from the North is Nuhu Ribadu or the no-nonsense CBN of Governor. The only problem I have with Mallam Lamido is he might be an islamist and have a very parochial view of things.

His decision to sack Eratus and Ibru was a bit premature, what any reasonable person would have done was give them a time frame( maybe within a month ) to get their books in order. Now with the added benefit of hindsight knowing how rich Ibru and Akingbola is,  one would suspect that both Ibru and Akingbola would  have liquidate their own personal fortunes to find the funds to fill those gaps in other to safe their necks.

Lamido should have being patient, he would still sack them after the gap filling exercise was over, he and they that is Sanusi and Akngbola and Ibru will know that the games is over as the Chief Executives would know they have already compromised their positions, filling the gaping holes in their banks would seem a lesser evil than spending 10 years in a Nigerian Gulag.

That would have put Lamido in a position where if he desire for the coveted top job he would not be questioned on his decision and leadership qualities.

I suspect Jonathan might however still shock the North in particular and the nation in general,  he sure knows,  he cannot run himself,  he might as well have a powerful, well respected, and wildly accepted God-Son in no other person than Nuhu Ribadu.  

I would not be surprised if this comes to past. If it ever comes to past then Nigerians all over the world can take solace and know that without firing a single shot a revolution has taking place and a new nation would be born. Jonathan on the other hand would have written his name in a historic plague that would be revered for ever.

Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by Akanbiedu(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
heilige:

Can you hear his name. Goodluck. He deserves his own 4 or 8years. We need a breath of fresh air in 9ja. It should not only be yoruba or hausa. Minorities should also get thier chance. Igbo should also get thier chance someday.

Hausas can bring in rtd. col Umar from Kaduna to run for them, but i guess he is not a politician.

Who said hausas have not finished thier 8years must be ignorant. Presidency should be about who was elected, and not who was imposed on us. We all know that with a free and fair primarys and elections a hausa man cannot be 9ja's president. No offence to our hausa bros. They should also remember that ibos did not have up to a year, before hausas struck.

That is false. Democracy is about numbers and not about enlightenment. Under democracy, a PhD holder and a mechanic hold the same vote. You get it?. I think free and fair elections will produce more notherners as presidents than any other zone in Nigeria. The equation of three even favours them more.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by Abagworo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

That is false. Democracy is about numbers and not about enlightenment. Under democracy, a PhD holder and a mechanic hold the same vote. You get it?. I think free and fair elections will produce more notherners as presidents than any other zone in Nigeria. The equation of three even favours them more.

funny how people are arguing on posters assumptions.
Re: Doomsday Scenerio- Jonathan Might Decide To Run Come 2011 by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
I hope that doesn't happen. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Wonder British-nigerian Twins Enter High School / Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings / Breaking News: Dora Back In Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.