Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North (1094 Views)

Segalink To EFCC: 'To Probe Tinubu, You Don’t Need Petition' / Charley Boy Blast Okorocha "We Dey Wait For You For Junction, We Go Beat You" / Kemi Adeosun To World Bank: "We Don’t Need Your Help On Our Debts" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by themomentng: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Rochas Okorocha, governor of Imo state, says Igbo people need to fix the “bridge of relationship” with their northern counterparts.

He cautioned those in support of the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) saying, “we don’t need such”.

“I do know that when the chips are down, they (IPOB) won’t be anywhere to be found.”

He said the three-month quit notice given to the Igbo was inciting and could cause disaffection between the South-East and Northern regions.

“While I blame the Arewa youths who may have acted under provocation and taking the matter beyond scope, the statements were also very inciting and can create disaffection between the north and south-east,” he said in a statement issued on his behalf by Sam Onwuemeodo, his chief press secretary

“For the purpose of those who have forgotten, in history, the south-east and north have enjoyed a good political relationship, especially in the days of Shagari. We have been seen as allies and partners politically.

“Except for this past dispensation, for some myopic reasons many Igbo did not see the victory of Buhari coming and we missed the link. We need immediate refixing of this bridge of relationship between the south-east and the north.

“I call on all Igbo persons to dissociate themselves and every northerner and well-meaning Nigerians to distance themselves from these comments from Arewa group and IPOB. Again, let me caution those who are calling for support for IPOB, especially the non-Igbo, to stop henceforth. It is deceitful and inciting and is no longer a welcome development in this part of the world.”

He called on the country’s leaders “to speak out and condemn this act because silence cannot help us in this matter”.

“Leaders ought to take responsibilities now and teach our youths the right things to do. The people in this matter are our children, our youth and they have a duty to listen to us as their parents,” he said.

“It is apparent that we have failed as leaders in this nation, giving room for this hate in families, communities, states and at national levels. We need to take responsibilities as leaders to stop this campaign of hate as that will not do us any good.

“I call on my Igbo brothers, the agitators because there is nothing wrong in doing what others are doing, your style is what is wrong. You can’t be calling for a sovereign nation inside a nation, it is absolutely wrong.

“If you must agitate, I propose you agitate for the Movement for Economic Survival of Igbo People (MOESIP). That will help for the economic survival of our land, making agriculture the mainstay of our economy. That is only when we will command the respect of the rest of the world.”

The governor said having fought for the unity of the country, the Igbo should not be counted out of the country’s affairs.

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Afam4eva(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Kyase(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Afam4eva:
make i see wetin you go type put there.

And the unity begging continues, watchout for part 29, coming soon from the east side

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by YOUNGrapha(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
coolG
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by ZorGBUooeh: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Fat ugly black pig angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by kutchs: 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
That relationship you seek with the north can only come in a restructured Nigeria and not outside of it Mr Okorocha. The north is not God that must be begged and appeased.
The Igbo want restructuring, the Yoruba supports it, the South South region is in support, even minority tribes in the north are fully behind it. Why is it only the Hausa-Fulani that's against it?

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by EzeUche(m): 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
These so called Igbo "leaders" are shameless.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by KratosCorp: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
How about the North fixing their relationship with the Igbo, selfish politician?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
how about lets bring an end to the marginalisation of ndigbo. Igbos are not beggers they are a very resilient people that can and have survived even the toughest of situations. Federal government presence in the east is next to zero, only the military checkpoint after every kilometer is fully noticeable despite having near zero death rate of guests from other tribes. I ask this question, when was the last time you heard a yoruba, hausa, fulani man killed in igboland? Ndigbo are a hardworking and naturally very peaceful even in protests. something has to change and it needs to happen quick. Rochas if you dont protect the interest of your people, deuteronomy 28 vs 28 will befall you

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Babacele: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
obinnho10:
how about lets bring an end to the marginalisation of ndigbo. Igbos are not beggers they are a very resilient people that can and have survived even the toughest of situations. Federal government presence in the east is next to zero, only the military checkpoint after every kilometer is fully noticeable despite having near zero death rate of guests from other tribes. I ask this question, when was the last time you heard a yoruba, hausa, fulani man killed in igboland? Ndigbo are a hardworking and naturally very peaceful even in protests. something has to change and it needs to happen quick. Rochas if you dont protect the interest of your people, deuteronomy 28 vs 28 will befall you
so what was the gain of the GEJ useless 6 years? and what have been the work of all the elected representatives from the east? marginalization by who and how?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Babacele: 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
God bless Okorocha.
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by amuwo1980: 11:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
make thunder fire you idiot, it is the north that should give up on hegemony and hatred for igbos, is this okorocha mad

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by tomakint: 12:01am On Jun 21, 2017
I don't know how this funny looking man sleeps and wakes with a peaceful mien across his face with the level of subjugation the Igbo's have been subjected to over the years. I don't think this clown has the blue blood of Ndigbo in him at all......such a pleb speaking like a lunatic and ugly student of history. Reconcile with who?

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by adadike281(f): 1:45am On Jun 21, 2017
tomakint:
I don't know how this funny looking man sleeps and wakes with a peaceful mien across his face with the level of subjugation the Igbo's have been subjected to over the years. I don't think this clown has the blue blood of Ndigbo in him at all......such a pleb speaking like a lunatic and ugly student of history. Reconcile with who?
oh my darling, why are u so full of wisdom?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Bishops10(m): 1:48am On Jun 21, 2017
My signature my business
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by tomakint: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2017
adadike281:
oh my darling, why are u so full of wisdom?
Nne, its been long oooo how are u doing? Thanks for the compliments dear cheesy
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by perfectchoice(f): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
Who cares what okorocha has to say?
I wasnt expecting otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by simplycarro: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
obinnho10:

It's foolish when you Ibos talk about marginalisation!! Agreed you played the wrong politics in 2015, but that is all!! GEJ locked out the Yorubas completely for his 6 years in power,but they never resort to this nuisance attitude of the Ibos

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by FUNNYBONE1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
And who is WE?? Onye awusa
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by ERockson: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Slavery Language and Body language of Unity beggar
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by adadike281(f): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
tomakint:

Nne, its been long oooo how are u doing? Thanks for the compliments dear cheesy
fine dear, I dey where u kept me o

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by nijabazaar: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Someone should slap this guy...
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jonathan locked out the yorubas? I am hearing this for the very first time. I believe you are one privileged from this current administration. You have grown in health, wealth and all round satisfaction. Not many are this fortunate
simplycarro:

It's foolish when you Ibos talk about marginalisation!! Agreed you played the wrong politics in 2015, but that is all!! GEJ locked out the Yorubas completely for his 6 years in power,but they never resort to this nuisance attitude of the Ibos

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by edibless0(m): 12:08am On Jun 22, 2017
What is he saying?
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Dedetwo(m): 12:10am On Jun 22, 2017
On the actualization of Biafra, this dimwit called Okoroawusa should be banished from Biafra to Nigeria or Arewa Islamic Republic. Please Okoroawusa I suggest you keep your foolish advice of mending fences with the northern region or western region of Nigeria in your pocket.
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 22, 2017
simplycarro:

the way people use lies to jump into conclusion here is alarming, how can u say GEJ locked out the Yorubas, when it was a Yoruba man who alligned with the Hausa's to prevent a Yoruba woman from being speaker. the Yoruba's locked themselves by allowing the greed of one man to deny them their place at the last administration.
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by Kemy11(m): 1:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Okoroboko.
Re: Okorocha: We Don’t Need Biafra… Let’s Fix Our Relationship With The North by RonJeremy: 2:25am On Jun 22, 2017
We need to deport Okorohausa to the north.... stupid saboteur.

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Igbo People / Photos From The Gender Reveal Party Of Gov. Ajimobi's Daughter, Jibola In Lagos / Four Weapon Of War Nigeria Must Have Before 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.