Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give (3863 Views)

Lady Recreates Photos Of Her Mother To Celebrate Her Mum's Birthday / Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by NoToPile: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2017
The only thing I do say when it comes to issues of EBF is if you feel or even think that your baby is not getting well fed from breast milk kindly supplement with formulae shikena.

A healthy baby is the main thing, why starve a baby when its obvious the milk doesn't seem enough for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ajewealth123:
My wife fed my son breast milk for 6months 2 weeks before he starts eating cerelac and do.
You will think he used panasharp cos he is very sharp

my elder brother rejected breast milk after 2months...he is outstanding academically and otherwise.. he's a genius

3 Likes

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by Ajewealth123(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
ikechizoba:

my elder brother rejected breast milk after 2months...he is outstanding academically and otherwise.. he's a genius
diferent folks different strokes right?
Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ajewealth123:
diferent folks different strokes right?

yea
Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Some babies bite and chew the breast, especially boys and it is painful and can cause sores and or mastitis, some babies refuse breastmilk. There are many other reasons, dont judge, it was hard enough pushing out the baby already.
konfused:

Yea, I understand your point, its your body, I am not trying to be judge or condemn, but apart from medical reasons, is there any reason at all a woman wouldn't want to breastfeed her baby. Thats the main purpose of the breast if I may say.

The numerous advantages of breastfeeding a baby outweighs any reason a woman might have not to breast feed unless on medical grounds. I tend towards thinking its a lil bit selfish of a woman to deny her child that.

The funny part is that the formula feeding is gotten from a cow's breast milk, so why not give the child the real deal.......

IMHO

1 Like

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by eyinjuege: 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
konfused:

I always thought the love of a mother for a child has no equal, am beginning to have second thoughts eziokwu, the way some ladies are going about this issue of EBT as if its a big deal marvels me.

Biko is the breast for decoration?

You're not in their shoes.
You don't have to wake up at least 2-3 times every night to a crying child who wants to feed. You don't have to wake up in the morning with a splitting headache from lack of sleep and still get ready on time for work, packing the baby's things for day care etc.
You don't have to suffer from painful cracked nipples from too much suckling from the baby. Oh, how about throwing in some mastiitis topped with a dollop of breast abscess while still on it?
Because your wife says she can't continue with the exclusive doesn't mean you love your son more than she does, We preach exclusive but it's not always practical in all situations.
It's also not to be used as a measure of love

7 Likes

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by sisisioge: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yes!
Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by kingdenny(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
When we had our first child. My wife insisted on exclusive breast feeding. She did it for straight six months, the disadvantage of it from my own perspective is. The little boy could not let go, he refused to have any other thing but breast milk, six month turned to nine months. It was war before we could make him start having other meals. My wife has sworn never to do EBF again. Believe me it's tasking.
I don't know if the breast milk contributed, but my little boy acts like an adult for his age, his brain is really sharp, he is just too smart for a child not up to 2 years.
Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by mrssho: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
I cant do it o not with my job, i wont be able to keep up i will have to use both breast milk and formula
Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by thorpido(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
konfused:

Thanks, I really appreciate, she has done it for 3 months, am just encouraging her to finish it up for 6 months. I bought enough provisions and other things mentioned here to help her out. From the onset before the birth, we agreed on EBF, but what brought about this issue is that she feels the baby boy is not being fed well and she wants to start giving him SMA , but I just cant wrap my mind around formula feeding with all the preservatives added to it. NATURAL IS NATURAL.

My mom is also insisting on formula feeding saying boys eat a lot. Now they want me to start having a morality attack, as if am not being considerate. Well, I think I have to come to a compromise, but I swear, if i were to be a woman, I will do everything humanly possible to do EBF. Well its all good, different strokes fro different folks.

Exclusive bre astfeeding is good but it may not be practical sometimes.You may do all you can but the milk may just not be enough.Some babies even reject it themselves after a few months. It doesn't stop the baby from growing well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give by MizAijay(f): 3:49am On Jun 25, 2017
Dear OP can you categorically say your mom dis EBF for your for six months?(No disrespect).
Was Albert Einstein breastfed exclusively for six months?
Was Mark Zuckerberg breastfed exclusively for six months? The most important thing is to find out what works for your baby. A good amount of breastfeeding is fair enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Not Comfortable Having Kids In Nigeria / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / Virgin Husbands!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.