Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,680 members, 7,840,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Probem Using My Phone As A Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Probem Using My Phone As A Modem (618 Views)

Browse With Your Computer Using Your Android Phone As A Modem Through USB Cord / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Probem Using My Phone As A Modem by netotse(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2010
hey pple,
i use one of them zain data bundles to browse at home and i've been having this problem for a while, it seems like a caching problem, whenever i visit a page on a site, say nairaland the page i see gets cached and thats what i keep seeing everytime i refresh said page till i disconnect, for instance if i visit the recent posts page at 8:20(FYI: the time is displayed in the top right corner) and 30minutes later i try to check the same page(recent posts) it'll still be the same page i saw at 8:20, exact page no difference, even the time displayed in the top right will be 8:20, same goes for updated topics, it limits the amount of browsing i can do since i get the same pages all the time.
The problem isn't with my browser since i get the same problem on different browsers i.e. if i open the page at 8.20 in firefox and i try the same page at 9.00 in opera, its still the same page i saw in firefox that'll be loaded.

P.S.
i use Nokia PC suite to connect my phone and pc together and then i change the proxy settings in my browser to 172.18.254.5 that is the zain proxy.
Re: Probem Using My Phone As A Modem by netotse(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2010
and can anyone tell me how to stop the yeye thing from displaying fb as a mobile page. . .
Re: Probem Using My Phone As A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2010
if u r using a pc suite to connect i suggest u tick d "no proxy" settings and see how it goes. . . . . well that's what i use anytime i use a zain bundle via phone undecided
cheers wink

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need Authentic Windows 7 Operating System / Dumps And Video Material / Pls I Need Macromedia Fireworks : Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.