Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? (454 Views)

Saraki Makes Moves To Up Senators Pay To 15m.... / I Pay More In Tax Than Atiku, Nairabet Owner Comes For Atiku / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by zamanii: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
I intend to write an article in the coming days and hope to have it published on any of the top sites like premium times. I want to find out if one has to pay to get their article published. If so, how much does it cost or are there sites who publish for free?
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by BrAkingNews: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
Of course you have to pay MOST times. Unless if you want to publish it on nairaland. And the funny is, nairaland might get you more readers if it reaches frontpage.

Of course, you know what you w6
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by zamanii: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thanks man for your reply, let me see how it goes. Might decide to publish on nairaland considering the number of informed people on the platform and hope that it gets to fp
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
zamanii:
Thanks man for your reply, let me see how it goes. Might decide to publish on nairaland considering the number of informed people on the platform and hope that it gets to fp
The codeword for getting Mod attention for Front Page consideration is to type the word Lalasticlala. Lalasticlala is a powerful MOD down here, and if he likes the look of what you've written, na frontpage straight with thousands of views. So alert him after you post.
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by zamanii: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
igbodefender:
The codeword for getting Mod attention for Front Page consideration is to type the word Lalasticlala. Lalasticlala is a powerful MOD down here, and if he likes the look of what you've written, na frontpage straight with thousands of views. So alert him after you post.

Lol three gbosa for u boss. Thanks for the heads up
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by Trumpism: 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
I once published an article in New York Times and they paid me for using my article, but in Nigeria, it looks as if the reverse is the case. You either know somebody in the media house or you pay. If your story line is good, some generous editors can publish it for you free. If it is good enough Sahara Reporters may be kind to you. I don't really like Premium Times because their ego is more than the substance they claim to offer yet, they are not as popular as Sahara Reporters. Followers of Sahara Reporters on Twitter just reached 1.5 Million. Congrats to the most popular and most widely read paper.
Re: Do I Pay To Get My Article Published On Top Sites? by zamanii: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
Trumpism:
I once published an article in New York Times and they paid me for using my article, but in Nigeria, it looks as if the reverse is the case. You either know somebody in the media house or you pay. If your story line is good, some generous editors can publish it for you free. If it is good enough Sahara Reporters may be kind to you. I don't really like Premium Times because their ego is more than the substance they claim to offer yet, they are not as popular as Sahara Reporters. Followers of Sahara Reporters on Twitter just reached 1.5 Million. Congrats to the most popular and most widely read paper.
This is Nigeria where everyone is concerned about their pockets. On the Sahara and premium times issue, I think both are just as culpable. But can you blame them; two of the biggest media houses, certainly ego has to come to play

(1) (Reply)

Mallam Nasir El Rufai: Biafrans failed to learn from Abuja demolitions / I Brought Fresh Human Skull Home 5 Years Ago-suspect / Quit Notice: Igbo In Kano, Now Indegenes – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.