Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask (848 Views)

El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Biafra: I Will Vote YES In A Referendum For Biafra - Senator Abaribe / IPOB Rejects VP Slot For South-East, Insists On Referendum For Biafra’s Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by boluwatife66(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
Another Coalition Emerges. Southern Youth Calls for Referendum to Determine Fate of "Southerners"
We of Southern Nigeria Youth Coalition (SNYC) comprising of all viable ethnic nationality Youth groups in Southern Nigeria have carefully gone through the letter by the Youths of Northern Nigeria extraction (Arewa Youths) to the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) to use his office to dismember the South Eastern part of Nigeria. We noticed that the letter by the Arewa youths listed the perceived "offenses"Ndigbo has committed within Nigeria since 1966, but failed to mention the various crimes Arewa has committed against the rest of Nigeria with the latest being the Boko Haram insurgency and the murderous activities of the Ak-47 wielding Fulani herdsmen who have been unleashing terror on Southern and Middle Belt Communities. We hereby follow with our response to the positions canvassed by them on behalf of the entire Southern Nigeria as follows: 1 We call for the immediate conduct of a referendum, not only in the South East, but in the entire SouthernNigeria to determine the future of the Country consistent with our demand for restructuring over the years to make Nigeria a truly Federal Republic. Since the Arewa Youths have foreclosed trustful give-and- take resolution of the nationhood crisis it has there become inevitable, that a referendum has to be conducted by the United Nations, (UN) in protecting the rights of the indigenous peoples of Southern Nigeria. We say without equivocation that if any one section of the Southern part of Nigeria is forcefully excised through the on-going aggression being perpetuated by the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy, be rest assured that every other constituent part of the Southern Region will also go their way. The Biblical injunction that stipulates that; “to your tents o Israel, what portion have we in the house of David” during the time of King Rehoboam of Israel, will hold sway. 2 We note the verbal commitment of the Arewa Youths to a peaceful conduct on the one hand, Of the dissolution of Nigeria as we knowit and say that we also do not want anybloodbath as our civilization dictates. However, let us make it clearthat should they unleash violence on anySoutherner in the North, we will take such an attack as being one onthe entire people of the South as ourelders posited in the LEKKI DECLARATION of Sunday 18th June, 2017. This will be so resisted with an equal or a stronger response. 3 We are not unaware of the large movements of Arewa people to Southern communities in recent times. .Such people are not only in the cities but are creating cells in the forests around us. We state very strongly that such people should withdraw from ourcommunities/ forests immediately, if themain objective is not to ambush our communities in the festering crisis .We shall defend our land and our people inthe entire Southern Nigeria with the least provocation. 4 There have been insinuations that the recent activities of the Arewa Youths may not be unconnected with attempts by some sections of the country to prepare a fertile ground for an UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE of government to avoid losing grip of Presidential Powers. We thus WARN thatno inch of Southern Nigeria will come under any unconstitutional rule in whatever guise. At least, NOT in this 21st century. SIGNED. SOUTH WEST (1) Olajide Odumosu Oodua Peoples Congress, (OPC) (2) Sunday Akinuoye (Oodua Liberation Movement, OLM) (3) Oluwole Suleiman (Oodua Nationalist Coalition) SOUTH EAST (1) Godwin Okey Ozonweke 08050598765 (2) Kelvin Okereke 08094135024 (3)Chijioke Chukwunyere 08033040316 SOUTH-SOUTH (1) Weri Digifa – Supreme Egbesu Assembly, (SEA) (2) Roland Pereotubo Oweilaemi - (IYC President Worldwide) (3) Chief Ani Esin

3 Likes

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by zombieHUNTER: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
There is nothing like Biafra republic
There is nothing like odua republic
There is nothing like ND republic

We have only one south
United south we want
United south we must get

Give us our long overdue referendum

1 Like

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by hammer6: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
There is nothing like Biafra republic
There is nothing like odua republic
There is nothing like ND republic

We have only one south
United south we want
United south we must get

Give us our long overdue referendum

We Igbos will never agree to a south with Yoruba.

Yoruba is part of the middle-belt and North.

The South is SS/SE.

6 Likes

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by BAILMONEY: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
WE ARE READY TO ACCEPT AFONJA CHRISTIANS IN OUR NEW REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA...AFONJA MUSLIMS CAN FORM THEIR OWN COUNTRY WITH THEIR Fulani MASTERS angry

3 Likes

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by Princesaha: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
BAILMONEY:
WE ARE READY TO ACCEPT AFONJA CHRISTIANS IN OUR NEW REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA...AFONJA MUSLIMS CAN FORM THEIR OWN COUNTRY WITH THEIR Fulani MASTERS angry
My brother lets tell ourselves the truth, the main problem we have in Nigeria are the Hausa/Fulanis. It is also true that sometimes we used to get some misunderstandings with the Yorubas and even our southern cousins but we easily settle amicably because an average southerner knows that life is sacred. That is how a country should be and not some touts killing you because of what happened in far away Denmark even though they always claim that you are their brother. I believe in Biafra, you can check my previous quotes but if the south and the middle belt (cos they are also nice and not blood thirsty) should negotiate and become one, then it is also welcomed. I was once pro Nigeria but the day I know that we are not one was the day some Hausas fought my cousin in Kano because he had a minor issue with a Chadian. Luckily it happened in Sabon-gari and he was rescued by onlookers,if not, he would have been killed by now. Those touts made me to understand that a man from Niger, Chad, Senegal is safer in their midst than a southerner. In fact, they see them as brothers than those of us in the south here forcing ourselves on them.

1 Like

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by Princesaha: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
BAILMONEY:
My brother lets tell ourselves the truth, the main problem we have in Nigeria are the Hausa/Fulanis. It is also true that sometimes we used to get some misunderstandings with the Yorubas and even our southern cousins but we easily settle amicably because an average southerner knows that life is sacred. That is how a country should be and not some touts killing you because of what happened in far away Denmark even though they always claim that you are their brother. I believe in Biafra, you can check my previous quotes but if the south and the middle belt (cos they are also nice and not blood thirsty) should negotiate and become one, then it is also welcomed. I was once pro Nigeria but the day I know that we are not one was the day some Hausas fought my cousin in Kano because he had a minor issue with a Chadian. Luckily it happened in Sabon-gari and he was rescued by onlookers,if not, he would have been killed by now. Those touts made me to understand that a man from Niger, Chad, Senegal is safer in their midst than a southerner. In fact, they see them as brothers than those of us in the south here forcing ourselves on them. You as a southerner dare not raise your hand on those foreigners in a Muslim dominated area in the north unless u have signed a pact with death. So why are we deceiving ourselves, this country should be bifurcated so that they can join who ever they want to join while we down here can also chart our future without any interference. But anything short of that, then give me Biafra.
Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by Odingo1: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
If all the ethnic group in the south can come together to achieve that, is good development.

1 Like

Re: Referendum For Southern Nigeria Now!groups Ask by Amberon11: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lol

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya / Time To Restructure Nigeria Has Come, Says IBB Read More At: Http://www.vanguar / Nigerian Elite, Politicians And Bilionaires Secretly Meeting To Stop Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.