Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,825 members, 7,817,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Saying Allaah Knows Best.... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saying Allaah Knows Best.... (610 Views)

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? / The Etiquette Of Sneezing: Praising Allaah, Saying “may Allaah Have Mercy On You / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Imam Tahawee (321 AH) stated in his book of creed

“And we say ‘Allaah knows best’ regarding things of knowledge which is unclear to us.”

Explanation of Shaykh Saalih Al Fawzaan

"This is a tremendous issue as it relates to knowledge. Mankind should not speak about anything which he has no knowledge of. If he knows something then let him speak about it, however if he is ignorant then he should say nothing. He should not speak about the affairs of the religion or acts of worship, and he should not enter these affairs without having knowledge. Rather, he should stop and say Allaah knows best.

A man came to Imaam Maalik and asked him about 40 issues. He only answered four of them, and he said regarding the rest of issues “I do not know”. The man said, “I came to you from such and such place upon my riding beast and you say you do not know?”

So Imaam Maalik responded “Get onto your riding beast and return to the town from which you came and say: I asked Maalik and he said ‘I don’t know’”.

When the Prophet, peace be upon him, was asked about something that was not revealed to him from Allah he would wait for revelation to descend. Likewise, the Companions, when the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, asked them something they did not know of they would respond, “Allaah and His Messenger knows best.”

This chapter is tremendous and important. Allah made speaking about Him without knowledge a level higher than committing shirk.

قُلۡ إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ رَبِّىَ ٱلۡفَوَٲحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنۡہَا وَمَا بَطَنَ وَٱلۡإِثۡمَ وَٱلۡبَغۡىَ بِغَيۡرِ ٱلۡحَقِّ وَأَن تُشۡرِكُواْ بِٱللَّهِ مَا لَمۡ يُنَزِّلۡ بِهِۦ سُلۡطَـٰنً۬ا وَأَن تَقُولُواْ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ مَا لَا تَعۡلَمُونَ

“Say [O Muhammad]: ‘[But] the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawâhish [great evil sins, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse,] whether committed openly or secretly, sins [of all kinds], unrighteous oppression, joining partners [in worship] with Allah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge.’” (al-’Araaf: 33)

وَلَا تَقۡفُ مَا لَيۡسَ لَكَ بِهِۦ عِلۡمٌ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱلسَّمۡعَ وَٱلۡبَصَرَ وَٱلۡفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ كَانَ عَنۡهُ مَسۡـُٔولاً۬

“And follow not [say not, or do not or witness not] that of which you have no knowledge. Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those one will be questioned [by Allah].” (al-Israa: 36)

O my brother, make it a point to say, “I do not know” and whoever says, “I do not know” has given an answer. Do not fabricate lies and engage in the rulings of the legislation without having clear insight [baseerah].

And saying, “I do not know” in affairs you do not have knowledge does not mean that you are deficient. Rather, it is the opposite. It is perfection/having integrity because saying “I don’t know” is piety and having fear of Allah, and the people will praise you for that.

Many people who ascribe themselves to knowledge, especially in these later times which there are few fuqaha [scholars of understanding] and many speakers, give verdicts [fatwas], rulings, and sermons without having clear insight [baseerah] about religious rulings. And it is from the bounty of Allah that He has revealed and exposed their ignorance to the people. If only they covered themselves and refrained from speaking about what they had no knowledge of that would have been more complete and dignified for them with Allah and with the people. So let us take lessons from this.

Source: Aqeedah Tahawiyyah

1 Like

Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Alennsar(f): 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
errm salamualeikum brother pls I want to know if zakatul fitr is a must for every Muslim?
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Alennsar:
errm salamualeikum brother pls I want to know if zakatul fitr is a must for every Muslim?

On every Muslim that is self-supporting i.e Independent......if he has one saa'(1) or more than one saa' other than what he needs for himself and his family on the night and day of eid, then he is obliged to pay, and also for the people that are dependent on him.

And Allaah knows best...

(1) one saa' is four Mudd, you should know what Mudd is right? Some brothers told me it has been calculated to be 3kg of what you giving but I don't know how true that is. The kind of Mudd the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam used is sold in Saudi Arabia...

*modified*

Someone just measured one Mudd and found out that its 4cups of tin milk(peak milk) levelled.... so one saa' will be 16cups....
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Mofpearl: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
The brothers are correct. A saa’ is equivalent to approximately 3 kilograms
https://islamqa.info/en/1396
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Alennsar(f): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
AbdelKabir:

On every Muslim that is self-supporting i.e Independent......if he has one saa'(1) or more than one saa' other than what he needs for himself and his family on the night and day of eid, then he is obliged to pay, and also for the people that are dependent on him.

And Allaah knows best...

(1) one saa' is four Mudd, you should know what Mudd is right? Some brothers told me it has been calculated to be 3kg of what you giving but I don't know how true that is. The kind of Mudd the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam used is sold in Saudi Arabia...

*modified*

Someone just measured one Mudd and found out that its 4cups of tin milk(peak milk) levelled.... so one saa' will be 16cups....
ok it means if you can afford it bfore but now you can't no problem ba?
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Alennsar:
ok it means if you can afford it bfore but now you can't no problem ba?

I don't understand your question....
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Alennsar(f): 3:49am On Jun 23, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I don't understand your question....
someone dat can give bfore but not up to it now
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 23, 2017
Alennsar:

someone dat can give bfore but not up to it now

If he does not fulfill the condition I said earlier, then he is not obliged to give, that is, if he does not have 16 milk tin cups of rice for instance extra than what he and his family needs for the night and day of eid, then he does not fulfill the condition infact he should be given by other buoyant Muslims....
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Alennsar(f): 4:45am On Jun 23, 2017
AbdelKabir:

If he does not fulfill the condition I said earlier, then he is not obliged to give, that is, if he does not 16 milk tin cups of rice for instance extra than what he and his family needs for the night and day of eid, then he does not fulfill the condition infact he should be given by other buoyant Muslims....

oh jazakhallahu khaeran I now understand.
Re: Saying Allaah Knows Best.... by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Alennsar:

oh jazakhallahu khaeran I now understand.

Wa ant fajazakillaahu khayran...

(1) (Reply)

Happy Jummat Get Free 1gb Or N1000 Airtime By Answering 10 Questions Only / The Cost Of Ram / Have You Ever Thought About!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.