Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This - Phone/Internet Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This (36933 Views)

After Reading This, You Will Not Wait For Cheat To Browse Free In 2016 Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by HarveyDeven: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
I got a few SH phones until now from ebay, but they were from highly rated users, so there weren't any problems at all. As long as you don't buy them from shady people, it should be ok.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by PanteonQube: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
2shure:
So a used phone must af a receipt abi.
Because na brand new we dey buy am
Dos na the kind stupid reasons coti dey use obtain men.
Dem see say na old phone or lapy of 3yrs wey dey serve u well.
Dem go begin ask receipt.
Yung man what do you do for a living
Useless and meaningless questions.

I never see police for express bevin dey ask God is Good passengers to come down and start asking dia useless questions of what do u do for a living.
What is in that bag
Can we see your phone
Where is the receipt.

Places where such stupid shiits happens na mostly afonja states
Like ibadan
Lagos
And some parts in delta.
U be like person wey dey enter sorleh
Along

So all phones on olx and jiji are stolen and faulty.
Just tell us u had a terrible experience buying a dead phone from a roadside thief
Abegi.
Way u 4 dey thank God for uk and belgium things
U go fit carry 380k cash go buy new in box iphone 7

Mumu

Dude I myself took a phone for jiji, I was happy with the purchase. Docks on the phone check the box. All provided. And if you think that the price is two times lower than for a new one, then there are no prices for such sites.

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
MsFaith:
Alright Drop ur contact
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by thompson1510(m): 5:30am On Jun 23, 2017
baba4thegehs:

Yes I do have a customer.
Bro, e be like sey we plenty for here wey need the contact oooo...
Address and phone number please.
Thanks
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Konquest: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
Techpaded:
Why You Shouldn't Patronise SecondHand Devices

1. Theft: A rainy night in delta state, theives gained entrance into this guy's house - took his money & phones! Once they unlock the phones, what next? Sell it. You might be using a stolen phone and you don't know, you might be arrested and you won't know.

2. No Guarantee, No Warranty: Secondhand phone buyers don't have any guarantee that what they want to buy is in good condition. Neither do they have warranty incase of damages! Once you buy, you bye !

3. You May Spend More on Repairs: After discovering numbers of faults, or you decide to repackage the phone (buy earphone, change casing, screen guard etc) the money you'll spend on repairs & repackaging may be more than the amount you bought the phone. But when you buy new and unused phones, warranty will speak for you!

4. No Receipt: Nowadays, highway search police asks for receipt of ordinary earphones, talkless of phones. Since secondhand sellers don't issue receipts, it might be a problem if you're called upon to provide evidence of ownership of the phone.

5. No Freebies/ Gifts: Unlike some new phones which may come with free memory cards, powerbanks, selfie stick etc. Secondhand items has no provision for that. The highest they can offer is free earphone!

6. Waste of Money: For the extremely unlucky secondhand phone buyers who buys phones which has been certified dead - infact buried, - you get this depression & pain inside of you, telling you everyday that "bros, you just waisted your money o"

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/06/you-may-not-buy-secondhand-phones-again.html
^^^^^^^
Well said... grin Some so-called U.K used
phones are actually stolen in Naija
and then sold by people who are
known as fences in the so-called
computer village at give-away
prices.

If a phone is eventually tracked to you
after being stolen in a brutal armed
robbery attack, you will have to explain
yourself to the police properly... on the
other hand, if you MUST buy such
used phones, make sure YOU collect
the persons direct phone numbers
and receipt with address if it is got
from a store.

Be prepared to forfeit the phone
without getting any money back
as refund once you are able to
prove yourself to the police like
one woman who is based in Lagos
State did when a stolen phone she
bought at Computer Village store
was traced to her after a year of
use. She had to trick the guy who
sold it to her to come to her house
and the police swooped on the
man who himself thought he was
selling U.K used phones. ;DD

The so-called U.K used phone of
high quality was actually STOLEN
in Ibadan by ARMED ROBBERS - as reported by Saturday
Punch sometime in late 2016!

A cold chill instantly ran through
my spine when I read that article in
Saturday Punch. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by STEVENcrack(m): 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kpeshi10:

Bro, i rili need d samsung galaxy a5, black 1 preferably. Thanks
The white is what I have now
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by sexycdor: 6:09am On Dec 21, 2017
Huawei Honor 8 32gb (UK used, dual sim, white, with complete access): N120k
Samsung S7 Edge 32gb (UK used, white, + spigen case): N130k
Iphone 6s 64gb (UK used, grey, + usb, charger, pouch): N140k
Iphone 6s 16gb (UK used, gold/grey, with usb, charger, cable, pouch, prot glass): N125k
Iphone 6 Plus 128gb (Naija used (receipt availabe), grey, usb cable only): N140k

For Inquiry/Purchase/To See images: 08086900588
Genuine ElectroniX
Yemi

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by dodoniyi: 10:34am On Mar 02, 2020
GOOD
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by MichaelOloche(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
dancok:
u still dey market?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn Free Blackberry Subscription(bis Cheat) / Phones Unlock Codes Calculation Via Imei -f R E E / 2go Registration Download Www.2go.co.za

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.