Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire (1042 Views)

Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term / Ban On Foreign Trip: Ihedioha Excluded, IPOB Pencils Down 4 Governors For Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2017
The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, has said that there is nothing patriotic about Igbo governors wearing Hausa/Fulani attires to public functions.
MASSOB made the assertion in a communique issued on Wednesday, June 21.
Uchenna Madu, leader of MASSOB berated the governors of Ebonyi and Enugu states, Dave Umahi and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, respectively, for putting on Hausa/Fulani attire at the recent meeting between Igbo leaders and the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, at the Presidential Villa.
Madu said the dressing was not proper at such a crucial meeting when the worries of the Igbos were to be tabled.
He stressed that that singular act had cast doubt on their (S'East Governors) ability to represent the interests of the Igbo.
Driving his point home, Madu observed that no Hausa/Fulani governor would ever appear in public with an Igbo attire.
MASSOB also faulted the Federal Government for leaving out leaders of the pro-Biafra groups in discussions with Igbo leaders over the agitation for Biafra and the attendant quit ultimatum issued to Igbos in the North by some Northern groups.
MASSOB says if the Hausa/Fulani governors will not wear Igbo attires in public, then why should S'east governors wear northern clothes
Madu noted that the activists, particularly leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, should have been at the meeting.
The MASSOB leader claimed the governors and other political, traditional, religious and opinion leaders that met with the Acting President were not actually in charge’ in Igboland.
In a similar vein, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo has advised the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to desist from agitating for secession, saying the Igbos were not ready for another civil war.
Okorocha gave the advice at a news briefing at the Government House in Owerri on Tuesday, June 13, the News Agency of Nigeria reports. He also urged the Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and other Nigerians in diaspora, drumming support for the actualisation of Biafra, to stop.
Okorocha called on Igbo youths to calm down and redirect their agitation toward the actualisation of economic advancement of Igbos rather than asking for a new sovereign nation.
On the recent sit-at-home ordered by IPOB and MASSOB, he said the exercise succeeded because the people, especially traders wanted to avoid trouble.
He described the statement by the Arewa youths directing Igbos to leave the north as “nonsensical and inciting’’.
The governor said that Igbos were peaceful people, who had come a long way in contributing to the economic development of the country, adding that no other ethnic group had contributed as much.
He called for reorientation of youths to repair the broken political relations between the North and the East and end the existing hatred and division between them.

Source: www.naij.com/1111279-biafra-pressure-southeast-governors-attack-wearing-northern-attires.html

Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by MDsambo: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2017
Ah ah, na singlet and wrapper you want them to wear com Abuja?
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by feelgoodInc: 8:58am On Jun 22, 2017
kikikikiki
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by sarrki(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2017
I finally concur that Igbos are foolish

They lack reasoning

I pity the online and gullible miscreants that believe a criminal like mazi KANU is their spiritual and political leader

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2017
MDsambo:
Ah ah, na singlet and wrapper you want them to wear com Abuja?

I am still searching the dictionary to look for a word to qualify this stupidity displayed by Igbos
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by madridguy(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2017
sad sad sad
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by crestedaguiyi: 9:06am On Jun 22, 2017
sarrki:

They lack reasoning

I pity the online and gullible miscreants that believe a criminal like mazi KANU is their spiritual and political leader

how foolish can you get.

where did you read that this article was written by IPOB. even if it was written by IPOB, is there any lie in it.

show me one governor from the north or south west that has ever worn the igbo attire to NEC meeting or any function in Abuja.

you can continue to make a fool of your self online but be reminded that power belongs to the people not the leaders.

November elections in Anambra will tell you people who actually call the shots in Biafraland

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2017
sarrki:

They lack reasoning

Did you read the post at all ? The statement came from MASSOB not Ipob.

This programming they did on you is really working.
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by edi287: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2017
When I talk am say Ndi Aturu Ipob/MASSOB no get sense, them go say I dey wicked. How can one be this daft??
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by Funlord2(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Between the arguments usually put forth by many of their online _dunces and by some of the rubbish statements usually attributed to some of these their _moronic socio cultural group leaders I don't even know which set is more foolish? By their statements ye shall always know them... grin
Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by sarrki(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2017
crestedaguiyi:

how foolish can you get.

where did you read that this article was written by IPOB

massob and Igbos are like state and capital

1 Like

Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by crestedaguiyi: 9:15am On Jun 22, 2017
sarrki:

massob and Igbos are like state and capital

show me what is wrong in their assertions

1 Like

Re: Biafra Pressure: MASSOB Attacks Southeast Governors For Wearing Northern Attire by ShootToKill: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2017
I agree with MASSOB, you are addressed the way you appear. Put on your Aba made senator not the babariga 40 years bedsheets. Very soon you'll have to be pro-Biafran to win any election in the East, the way hausas elect their pro-sharia governors and politicians.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

For Fighting Tinubu, APC Suspends Muiz Banire / Is Buhari for change? / Oil Earnings Under Jonathan Vs Earnings Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.