Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan (11597 Views)

More Telecoms Subscribers' Woes Loom / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / Telecoms Subscribers Hit 153m, Airtel Tops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
On 18th of June 2017, I lost my xiaomi note 4 charger and I felt I need a replacement as quick as possible since I can't wait to get another one from AliExpress. Next day I went to SOLAT TELECOMS MOKOLA IBADAN go buy any other fast charger that can match the performance of my stolen charger.
When I got there, I met one of there staff and I told him that I need a fast charger especially the one made for tablets since tablet chargers use to have a minimum of 2.0A which is the same as my stolen charger and the guy brought out a Samsung charger and he said it's 3000naira non-negotiable and he assured me that it will meet my expectation then I made payment.
The next day I took the charger to work from 0% on my phone, I thought it's like my former charger that in 2.5hrs my fone will be fully charged not knowing that I need to wait for over 4hrs before my battery will reach 100%.
On 22nd of June, I took the charger back to them and one man maybe it's there boss attend to me and said he need to test it before he can know what he is going to do about it. We plug the charger and all we could get is 4% in 10min which simply means it will take approximately 4hrs before it will get 100%.
All they could say is that the charger is fast enough and there nothing they can do about it, one other guy said I'm using a rubbish phone with unknown manufacturer and they said Tecno is better and more popular than my xiaomi. I just laughed because I don't know where I could start with them.
3000naira may look like a chicken change to some people but it's a lot of money to me. I have use several BlackBerry charges bought from roadside sellers and they have never disappoint me except that there cable always have problem within 2 to 3 months of use and that why I went for Samsung this time.
I scanned the barcode of the charger and it couldn't direct me to Samsung website which shows that its FAKE!
My only advice for people staying in ibadan is that if there money is so precious to them, they should stay away from SOLAT TELECOMS.

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by iliyande(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2017
All my chargers are imported.
apart from slow charging there are tendency that your battery is at risk
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by criticalphone: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2017
this is not their fault entirely ...
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
seyema:
On 18th of June 2017, I lost my xiaomi note 4 and I felt I need a replacement as quick as possible since I can't wait to get another one from AliExpress.
I also bought one and after leaving it to charge overnight.. Woke up next morning to a blown charger

1 Like

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by djtommy(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
You can just change the usb to a faster one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Gptech(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
Op, please modify, you actually lost your charger not phone. Also, this is a wake up call to try and always get products with QR code, so you can scan for authentication.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Gptech:
Op, please modify, you actually lost your charger not phone. Also, this is a wake up call to try and always get products with QR code, so you can scan for authentication.
Thanks bro, have done that
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
djtommy:
You can just change the usb to a faster one
Can changing of usb make any difference?
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
criticalphone:
this is not their fault entirely ...
So, whose fault it is then
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
iliyande:
All my chargers are imported.
apart from slow charging there are tendency that your battery is at risk

I should ave done that also I just don't want to experience what happen to me when I bought my phone then again!

1 Like

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
pachman:

I also bought one and after leaving it to charge overnight.. Woke up next morning to a blown charger

Incredible!
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Larwin(m): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
wow

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
seyema:

Incredible!
na so we see am
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by emeraldknytt(m): 12:53am On Jun 23, 2017
pachman:

LMAO, Really sorry for OP but you can not sod off potential buyers of SOLAT like that... If you want a traditional charger, I will completely recommend the conventional BB playbook Charger (5V 1.8A), make sure you look out for mediocrity cos our Aba brothers have indulged us by creating a cheaper knock off. 'luck with your quest.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Keballl: 3:43am On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:
LMAO, Really sorry for OP but you can not sod off potential buyers of SOLAT like that... If you want a traditional charger, I will completely recommend the conventional BB playbook Charger (5V 1.8A), make sure you look out for mediocrity cos our Aba brothers have indulged us by creating a cheaper knock off. 'luck with your quest.

And you believ Solat doesn't deserve some reprimand for cheating her customer without remorse or care ?

1 Like

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by emeraldknytt(m): 9:30am On Jun 23, 2017
Keballl:

And you believ Solat doesn't deserve some reprimand for cheating her customer without remorse or care ?
Please, do not get me wrong. I am no advocate for rip-offs, it pisses the hell outta me but an awful lot still hold SOLAT in high esteem, including me. To an extent, most staff in places like that are not well train in complaints management, all they know is persuasion for first buys. OP, should move on and get a better of it by making use of what he has or try my aforementioned viable option.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by Keballl: 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:
Please, do not get me wrong. I am no advocate for rip-offs, it pisses the hell outta me but an awful lot still hold SOLAT in high esteem, including me. To an extent, most staff in places like that are not well train in complaints management, all they know is persuasion for first buys. OP, should move on and get a better of it by making use of what he has or try my aforementioned viable option.

Why should the OP just move on while the organization refuses to do the right thing in appeasing a cheated customer.

How many unsatisfied customers will need to move on just to paper the crack of an agency with a retinue of fraudulent staffs ?

We need to start demanding for the best from ourselves or we continue to feed the fraudulent appetite of these so called "trusted" Coys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by emeraldknytt(m): 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
Keballl:

Why should the OP just move on while the organization refuses to do the right thing in appeasing a cheated customer.

How many unsatisfied customers will need to move on just to paper the crack of an agency with a retinue of fraudulent staffs ?

We need to start demanding for the best from ourselves or we continue to feed the fraudulent appetite of these so called "trusted" Coys.

That is why I love Naija countrymen, we all stereotype major outlets and stores. In a way, OP's message is a wake-up call and in the other, it is baseless to a lay man (no offense OP).

OP's experience ====>He wanted a Charger, He saw the rating on paper, He bought it, discovered the rating seemed not real in reality and now he wants a refund.

Solat Business View====> We get a customer, persuade him with specs even though we haven't sampled the commodity, Customer buys it an later wants to return it under what precept: Not charging Fast. We test it, it charged 4% in 10mins (not a biggie for Solat, so far it added up). Also, No business venture will own up to cheating its customer o!

Now in the Nigeria market, You can't use such simple cases to win off (except in the case of visible fast charge technology like Infinix's flash Charge⚡⚡ and Qualcomm's Quick Charge) since you haven't much proof to convince those who know nothing about smartphones (imagine the staff labelling Xiaomi as an ordinary Chino).

In light of this occurrence, I hope the OP will learn from past experience, reach a pact with your seller (especially when you are on a budget) and fully test the commodity within 2 days (with the third day being the max). So my brother, this is Nigeria for you.. Shipping is nice but it isn't without its flaws too. Everyone cheats and get cheated on (not every form of cheat is money inclined)... That is a posi-negative thing called L.I.F.E.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:
I use to use that bb charger you are talking about but it's cable always break with few months of use
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Keballl:

As in, if there's light on my phone when I went there, I would have video some of argument for you to see how poor the customer service is
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:

Check this thread and see how someone complained about them also last year https://www.nairaland.com/3045308/experience-solat-telecoms-cocoa-mall
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by emeraldknytt(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
seyema:

Check this thread and see how someone complained about them also last year https://www.nairaland.com/3045308/experience-solat-telecoms-cocoa-mall
Me, I am not surprised but just be very cautious when buying from someone, Outlet or mini shop. Also, it isn't a bad idea to seek help from folks around here also Xiaomi has its thread on NL and Xiaomites are one symbiotic family.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:
That is why I love Naija countrymen, we all stereotype major outlets and stores. In a way, OP's message is a wake-up call and in the other, it is baseless to a lay man (no offense OP).

OP's experience ====>He wanted a Charger, He saw the rating on paper, He bought it, discovered the rating seemed not real in reality and now he wants a refund.

Solat Business View====> We get a customer, persuade him with specs even though we haven't sampled the commodity, Customer buys it an later wants to return it under what precept: Not charging Fast. We test it, it charged 4% in 10mins (not a biggie for Solat, so far it added up). Also, No business venture will own up to cheating its customer o!

Now in the Nigeria market, You can't use such simple cases to win off (except in the case of visible fast charge technology like Infinix's flash Charge⚡⚡ and Qualcomm's Quick Charge) since you haven't much proof to convince those who know nothing about smartphones (imagine the staff labelling Xiaomi as an ordinary Chino).

In light of this occurrence, I hope the OP will learn from past experience, reach a pact with your seller (especially when you are on a budget) and fully test the commodity within 2 days (with the third day being the max). So my brother, this is Nigeria for you.. Shipping is nice but it isn't without its flaws too. Everyone cheats and get cheated on (not every form of cheat is money inclined)... That is a posi-negative thing called L.I.F.E.

Nice word, The 1st time I saw the charger was with someone that bought a new Samsung tablet and the charger was so good that I even dey beef the charger. By the time I lost my xiaomi charger, something just felt in my head that this the perfect replacement for it not knowing that i'm actually buying a crap!

Later some people will be saying we should buy naira to grow naira. Sellers on aliexpress don't behave like this cos they will do anything to get the 5star!

Anyway, I have counted it as my loss. I will soon order for Aukey charger from reputable seller on Aliexpress.
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by seyema(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
emeraldknytt:
Me, I am not surprised but just be very cautious when buying from someone, Outlet or mini shop. Also, it isn't a bad idea to seek help from folks around here also Xiaomi has its thread on NL and Xiaomites are one symbiotic family.

Yes o, thanks bro...
Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by emeraldknytt(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
seyema:

Nice word, The 1st time I saw the charger was with someone that bought a new Samsung tablet and the charger was so good that I even dey beef the charger. By the time I lost my xiaomi charger, something just felt in my head that this the perfect replacement for it not knowing that i'm actually buying a crap!

Later some people will be saying we should buy naira to grow naira. Sellers on aliexpress don't behave like this cos they will do anything to get the 5star!

Anyway, I have counted it as my loss. I will soon order for Aukey charger from reputable seller on Aliexpress.
I commend your ability to rise above it. Some might say its naive however, not everything is worth fighting for, one will have to let go to grab on. Ya right about online sellers, a difference in .1 star could determine how much buyers he/she will gain or lose (esp in Naija)... You can still check out the Xiaomi thread to see if any of them will give you a better alternative or link you to a much reputable seller.... Bless you brother

1 Like

Re: My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan by layiwola008: 12:42am On Nov 15, 2020
I bought a phone, OPPO,l A1K, at Solat but the phone's hotspot never connected with my PC. I went there to complain the second day and the third day, but just like OP, I was told by one of their stupid engineers that the problem was with my PC.

Well, what I found insulting was that the guy and the stupid lady that canvassed me into buying the phone told me to do whatever I like when I threatened to post a review on Google about them.

That doesn't take me a minute to do and my review will be a video And first thing in Google SERP about their brand name.

I just forgave them in my mind. But I have been seeing them in very bad light bcs of their very poor customer relations, and I would never buy a pin from them ever again. Even their boss, Hamed whom I called to inform is no better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Method For Getting Mtn 5mb With #5 Naira / How To Get Free 1mb,50mb,100mb,200mb On Airtel / How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.