Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? (31654 Views)

Is It Wrong To Show Gratitude? / Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice / Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
mecussey:

Dont know how my wife knew all this at a very young age. She never allowed any of her sister, cousin and friends or 'intruders' know how she run her home. She plays it cool and lovely yet, some of her aunties and sis keeps pushing to know, keeps pok nosing yet, she just dey handle them with maturity. Well, i believe she learnt if from her mum. I would say I am lucky.
Maturity, exposure and learning from other ppls xperience maybe. Anyway you are lucky to have her

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
TopGunFighter:
you should also know that if you keep to yourself they will have the impression that you feel too important to mingle and if you mingle again it creates an avenue for tongue wagging and lots of other unnecessary things. So you have to find the soft ground! Never take sides in any argument, the only 3rd party I think you will ever need in a relationship is your husbands mother not even your own and the only third party he will need is your own mother ( I stand to be corrected)
OK thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
veralu:

My dear, am also newly married too and hv the same issue, I think it's best u respect them but stay ur lane, my only friend is my hubby
Yea Sure
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Thank u all 4d response and experience shared. I learnt a lot. kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by TopGunFighter: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
belladsweet:
OK thanks.
just keep us posted grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
TopGunFighter:
just keep us posted grin grin cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by bbeautylik(f): 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
forevermine:
Interesting post here!
I'm totally in support of cordial relationships with inlaws, but at the same time, maintaining boundaries so that there's mutual respect.
I've borne the brunt of being too open and trusting of inlaws, taking everyone as I would my family, without any bias or prejudice, but it turned round to sting me in ways I never thought possible. Innocent me!
Now I have learnt, I have taken charge, I stopped wearing my heart on my sleeves(that was my greatest undoing. they knew my weakness and used it to torment me). I had to set my foot down and leave it there... Even up till now when I think about the incident(s), hot tears still gather in my eyes.
My dear ikechizoba and barney11, I can relate. If I begin to tell my story right now(which I can't cos I'm pretty busy at work) , I will take not less than two whole pages on nairaland.
I battled depression, I almost lost myself!
I'm still struggling to let go and forgive, I have accepted an apology I never got.
In the end, who's the loser?
I'm building my home and loving it now. I've taken back the reins. No interference, no puck-nosing! Everybody is now on their lane and its perfect that way so there are no "crashes".Hubby and kids doing great! Life is good....
Same line with my story. I stayed in a family house backed then, I was killed with depression. I am loving my life now and not minding anyone

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
bbeautylik:
Same line with my story. I stayed in a family house backed then, I was killed with depression. I am loving my life now and not minding anyone
Thank God for your life. just be careful and relate well it is well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.