Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary (3864 Views)

Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / Help! Ruggedman Is Dying!! :-( / In Need Of Cute Boerbul Or Pitbulls In Osogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 5:27am On Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone, on 21st of June (Wednesday) I was at a friends place when I suddenly hear the harsh cry of a dog being a one time dog owner and dog lover I decided to take a bold step outside to see where the noise was coming from lo and behold I found this dog being hitter by some people and looking so mal nourished I felt so cold as I couldn't bear it, I tried as much as possible to contact the owner that's on the next day 22nd of June and I was made to understand he doesn't have time for the dog anymore hence no proper feeding routine , no capacity to buy it food and all.

I pleaded with the guy that I take in custody of the dog which be agreed reluctantly because I was adamant, I really must say he loved this dog as a matter of fact he refused to sell this dog not for a penny (but why allow it suffer Hi everyone, on 21st of June (Wednesday) I was at a friends place when I suddenly hear the harsh cry of a dog being a one time dog owner and dog lover I decided to take a bold step outside to see where the noise was coming from lo and behold I found this dog being hitted by some people and looking so mal nourished I felt so cold as I couldn't bear it I pleaded with them to stop, I tried as much as possible to contact the owner that's on the next day 21st of June and I was made to understand he doesn't have time for the dog anymore hence no proper feeding routine , no capacity to buy her food and all.

I pleaded with the guy that I take custody of the dog which he agreed reluctantly because I was adamant, I really must say he loved this dog as a matter of fact he refused to sell this dog not for a penny (but why allow it suffer )

I took the dog home I was first confused on what to do because the dog was really so thing that its ribs and bones were visible . The first k did was to give it a new name DOUGLAS

Another shock for me was that Douglas have diarrhea the poop was so yellow, watery but not really smelling which I found out it was due to the fact that it had been eating garbage and grass because it is always on heap of dump looking for carcass to eat. did I remember to say by the time I was taking it Douglas had a nylon in its mouth full of maggots and she was eating it I had to remove with my own bare hands lol (passion for man's best friend)
The next thing I did was to feed her with milk amd egg she so enjoyed it and was craving for more, after wards i bath her using dog shampoo and very soft sponge, after bathing it I gave it a deworming pill orally.
By 12pm that same day I took it to a vet doctor to administer proper vaccination, the doctor was so kind to her as she was feeling pain from the bruises on her body I think lol, injected her DHPP and the rest I brought her home made a kennel and she has been doing great.
Douglas is a great eater , I don't know how but she now eats well, I suspect the vet must have given her multivitamins or some sort. I feed her with White Rice mixed with boiled meat water and biscuit bone I get from a butcher here for calcium, and she enjoys it. A friend of mine who is a breeder gave me some Dry food to feed her with she enjoys that too.

I'm yet to decide on her diet, but any tip from you guys I will really appreciate. In the morning egg mixed with milk for protein and Rice with boiled fish water , and by evening she'll eat white pap mixed with milk and egg.
Any form of advice and help in terms of feed (like Jo Jo, bingo or any other) or food supplements, multivitamins will be solely appreciated , Douglas will appreciate.

attached below is the picture of Douglas, the poop and her vaccination card.

Cc LordRegalia

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 5:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Douglas while bathing

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 5:45am On Jun 23, 2017
when I first took her, flies were hovering over her, looks better in picture thanks to my phone camera lol

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 5:46am On Jun 23, 2017
poop and the vaccination , sorry if the sight is gross

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 7:31am On Jun 23, 2017
Douglas poop before treatment The poop is gradually becoming grey and solid .....

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Greene66: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2017
I advice for now that you feed her strictly foods with protein. Leave calcium alone for now. What the dog needs is foods with high amount of protein.

- You can get some dry foods
- Also get canned foods like Rokus or Pedigree
- Get food like nutritola or any other complete dog food that is cooked.

- Mix all the food when giving the dog with enough meat or fish. Either Mackrell or Sardine or any fish or big meat. DO NOT FRY THE MEAT OR FISH.

- Prepare complete tea. Lipton tea. Not just milk alone. Complete Tea with enough milk give the dog 4 times a day.

Don't stress the dog for now. The dog formula for now is

Eat and Sleep.

So let it eat and sleep only. I can guarantee that within 7 to 14 days. Those dry bones would no longer be seen cheesy
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Haryobame: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Oga buy d dog anti biotics. ....
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Haryobame: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
U can get Novax it will control d stooling
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Greene66:
I advice for now that you feed her strictly foods with protein. Leave calcium alone for now. What the dog needs is foods with high amount of protein.

- You can get some dry foods
- Also get canned foods like Rokus or Pedigree
- Get food like nutritola or any other complete dog food that is cooked.

- Mix all the food when giving the dog with enough meat or fish. Either Mackrell or Sardine or any fish or big meat. DO NOT FRY THE MEAT OR FISH.

- Prepare complete tea. Lipton tea. Not just milk alone. Complete Tea with enough milk give the dog 4 times a day.

Don't stress the dog for now. The dog formula for now is

Eat and Sleep.

So let it eat and sleep only. I can guarantee that within 7 to 14 days. Those dry bones would no longer be seen cheesy
thank you, im working more on giving it more protein
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Haryobame:
U can get Novax it will control d stooling
thank you the vet already gave her anti biotics and I have some drugs to stop the diarrhea
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by bobogii2008: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
The former owner na wicked human being . Why would you have a dog in the first place if u know you wouldn't have time to care for it. I'm happy you rescued it from that miserable owner and caring for it this way. The dog needs a lot of protein for now, to recover some weight. You can opt for one of those canned dog foods or you go for chicken parts(legs,head and insides) which is quite cheaper .
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Animal cruelty, this is unfortunate. Well done OP
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2017
morning everyone, thanks for your contributions and to my viewers please don't just view alone a little comment will motivate me more. thanks.

So yesterday ,23rd I really thought of a food rich in protein for Douglas, I had to go to the market requested for fish, chicken head and legs because I noticed she liked it more. I also bought her dog cereal and noodles waste that has been mixed with fish , meat and some other things. And also a spray oil for its fur to make it more shiny grow well, she didnt eat the cereal which i prepared for her i thought she didnt like it , so i decided to boil fish and mix the fish water with the cereal, lo and behold she ate it whole, she ate it in delight and leave just little left over which im sure she must have finished by now.
I have noticed some visible changes in Douglas that I had to adjust the collar because it is becoming tight for her. Another thing is she eats a lot lol and I tried as much as possible to feed her to her satisfaction. the routine now is eat and sleep as greene66 had advised earlier but we do a little morning and evening walk before feeding in order to exercise her body and not to become too bored .

pictures loading
cc seun, oluomoadebayo, magpies, prodeegee, bobbysaxy and all my other oga at the top. I need you all to share your experiences with me o
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Greene66: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
pictures...
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2017
I have been unable to upload , network is so bad here
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Baroba(m): 9:13am On Jun 25, 2017
Human beings can be down right evil, how can anyone leave a dog in this state..so sad.
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Namdeenero(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Baroba:
Human beings can be down right evil, how can anyone leave a dog in this state..so sad.
Bro lemme give you some reasons

(1) The owner of that dog probably got her for free. i know this because i don't believe someone will spend a huge amount of money getting a pet and then watch it suffer up till this stage.

(2)The guy might have been told the dog is not pure and he lost interest. This mainly happens to people who buy dogs not because of the passion but just for breeding sake. Seriously dogs have suffered in the hands of man

1 Like

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2017
unable to upload still, Glo network is so so annoying even after i have reduced the images to 600kb
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
Douglas enjoying her drink of glucose mixed with water

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Greene66: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
Good to see Douglas is doing well.

Does she bark at people?
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
Greene66:
Good to see Douglas is doing well.

Does she bark at people?
thank you greene66, yes Douglas does bark at people and also whenever im making her food she barks so loud, I have recorded videos of her barking. She has really mastered her table manners whenever I want to serve her food she sits right away, I started teaching her table manners the second say I took her in, she learns so fast.

Douglas poo isn't watery as before but its still soft

1 Like

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Scrooge(m): 6:24am On Jun 27, 2017
She is looking better already! Thumbs up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Prince4945(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
You have a good heart Op, God bless u
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by tblackE61(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
People are heartless thou!!! Human being don't cherish what the didn't labour hard to get! I swear! Y suffer that poor pet!
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
so today's evening i strolled Douglas, so many people were marveled to see rapid changes in Douglas, I was happy about the way people were commenting on how well fed and healthy she is looking now. Funny enough Douglas was barking at people they've once lived together. it was fun seriously.

p.s its so unfortunate my Glo network would not allow me upload these images I'll try later again by midnight I hope it works. the most unfortunate is that there is no 3G network here in 2017? Glo need to step up their game

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by slinkman(m): 1:05am On Jun 28, 2017
toms55:
so today's evening instilled Douglas so many people were marveled to see rapid changes in Douglas, I was happy about the way people were commenting on how well fed and healthy she is looking now. Funny enough Douglas was barking at people they've once lived together. it was fun seriously.

p.s its so unfortunate my Glo network would not allow me upload these images I'll try later again by midnight I hope it works. the most unfortunate is there is no 3G network here in 2017? Glo need to step up their game
get another line. Glo is crappy
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by chrisseun(m): 1:21am On Jun 28, 2017
Omg seeing the first pic broke my heart, I can't imagine the trauma Douglas has been through.

God bless u OP
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2017
Douglas is actually fatter than she appears in those pics but I had to reduce the quality because of this crappy Glo network, thank you all for your words of encouragement

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Greene66: 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
See her big stomach.. she don dey fat tongue

You are doing a good job op.. Overtime, you have increase her exercises.
Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by toms55(m): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
cryThank you all

I'm actually feeling kinda sad about this, I received a message from the previous owner of Douglas, he claimed that he now wants his dog and be feeding it. I was like huh? who does that? after how many weeks of care , constant feeding, and all the money i spent. He asked me to send him the bills i have spent so far all amounted to about #25,000 including the food, drugs, and the kennel I made. He said the bill is much and I gave him a breakdown , my friends asked me to add miscellaneous for my time and other tangible money I spent but I told them I only did that for my love for canine and i'd feel bad if I later heard the dog had died earlier when I had the opportunity to take good care of her.

But my stance is if the guy doesn't pay me my money to the last penny I won't release Douglas to him and that's what I'm standing on.

I'm sure he must have been attracted to the beautiful radiant of Douglas now that she is fully recovered.

Owing a dog is easy, buying its food may be easy, but dedicating time for care, proper treatment and understanding a dog isn't easy.

Sincerely I have fallen in love with Douglas she is already a part of me but what can I do? cryThank you all

I'm actually feeling kinda sad about this, I received a message from the previous owner of Douglas, he claimed that he now wants his dog and be feeding it. I was like huh? who does that? after how many weeks of care , constant feeding, and all the money i spent. He asked me to send him the bills i have spent so far all amounted to about #25,000 including the food, drugs, and the kennel I made. He said the bill is much and I gave him a breakdown , my friends asked me to add miscellaneous for my time and other tangible money I spent but I told them I only did that for my love for canine and i'd feel bad if I later heard the dog had died earlier when I had the opportunity to take good care of her.

But my stance is if the guy doesn't pay me my money to the last penny I won't release Douglas to him and that's what I'm standing on.

I'm sure he must have been attracted to the beautiful radiant of Douglas now that she is fully recovered.

Owning a dog is easy, buying its food may be easy, but dedicating time for care, proper treatment and understanding a dog isn't easy.

Sincerely I have fallen in love with Douglas she is already a part of me but what can I do? crycry

3 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by Greene66: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
Do not give him the dog. Even if he has the money to pay! dont collect the money. dont release the dog. He let you go away with the dog. Did he tell you he will come back? He left the dog to suffer and now the dog is starting to look good, he wants back? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rescue Of A Dying Boerbul (brindle).... !!! Her Personal Diary by rumenase(m): 8:43am On Jun 30, 2017
the owner is sick in the head. try your best to keep the dog but if yu can't make sure he gives yu at least 50k and maybe he will learn his lesson....... idiot.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Food Can One Feed Lhasa Puppy / My Dog's Hair Is Removing! / Breeders Forum Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.