Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife (1062 Views)

Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by ynaijaNews: 6:13am On Jun 23, 2017

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi has said there’s nothing demonic about ancient traditional religion.

In a recent interview with the Osasu show, the Ooni said he has been able to discover that all religions “are one.”

Oba Ogunwusi added that there is only one God being worshipped in different ways.

He said he is a traditionalist, born into a Christian family and a practicing Muslim as well.

He said, “I’m not a Christian alone, I can be called a Muslim too. I practice all the religion very well.

” I go to the mosque to pray, I attend church services. Yes I am a traditionalist as well.”

He added, “I have been able to see the light that there’s nothing demonic about our ancient religion.”

Recall that the Ooni had once stated that Jesus was his father, a statement that led to criticism by some Nigerians.

Watch:

CLICK HERE TO WATCH | YNAIJA
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by DieBuhari: 6:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Typical confused Afonja man

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by iokpebholo: 6:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Then u are a confused fellow

6 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by sarrki(m): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2017
That's who we are

As a oba you are king to every subjects

That's why you see religious tolerance in the Omoluabi Nation

Onirisa ko pe baba
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by sarrki(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2017
iokpebholo:
Then u are a confused fellow

That's the intolerance we are talking about

His life ,his way& his choice

Are you Omoluabis ?

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by Pavore9: 6:20am On Jun 23, 2017
If he finds his identity in them all, good for him.
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by sarrki(m): 6:20am On Jun 23, 2017
DieBuhari:
Typical confused Afonja man

Mr developer how far ?
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by fiizznation: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2017
Confused Ooni. How can you be practicing two/three religions at the same time? Who are you trying to deceive? God?

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by ZeroUnity: 6:25am On Jun 23, 2017
CONFUSED AFONJA

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by zombieHUNTER: 6:26am On Jun 23, 2017
sarrki:
That's who we are

confusion?
Choose ye who you will serve ogbeni
No one can serve two masters at once
Except you are confused

I rebuke the spirit of confusion on every afonja

6 Likes

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by samkay3g(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2017
we sabi dat before... not a Jew though
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by chemicalDisease: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2017
3 faced Afonjas.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by okosodo: 6:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Who is this one deceiving?
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by Mjshexy(f): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Light & darkness have no relationship
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by mazimee(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2017
Ogbeni, you case is different

Even Jesus said that those who are neither cold or hot go hear am last last.
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by DieBuhari: 6:55am On Jun 23, 2017
sarrki:

Mr developer how far ?
Mr homeless accomodator, how BMC work?
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by sarrki(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
DieBuhari:

Mr homeless accomodator, how BMC work?

Shebi una say BMC as been banned grin
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by Evablizin(f): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2017
The list is not complete Ooni please include skull minning practice. lubbish~self deciet is deadly~
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by Rukkydelta(f): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Chai
This man confusion is really confused
Re: I Am A Traditionalist, Christian And A Practicing Muslim – Ooni Of Ife by AtaniWarrior: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
I respect that. Salute cool

(1) (Reply)

See The Ibadan Masquerade That Fire Cannot Burn (pics, Video) / Why Do The Remaining Igbo State Hate People From Ebonyi State? / History Of Otan Ayegbaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.