Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something (1016 Views)

Ganduje Calls On FG To Ban Entry Of Herdsmen From Other African Countries / Court Bars Daily Nigerian From Publishing Ganduje ‘bribery’ Videos / New Minimum Wage: Atiku States Position On FG, Labour Face-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by phranco(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
My name is Emmanuel Emeka, a prisoner in Ankaful maximum security prison, Cape Coast,
Ghana. I’m serving a jail-term of 130yrs imprisonment and I’m presently in my 8th year. We
appeal to the Nigerian government to please come to our aid. The condition here has been so
unbearable for (we) Nigerian prisoners in Ghana. We need to reconnect with our families. The
Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high sentence of 50yrs
70yrs 100yrs 150yrs to 200yrs. Most of us have spent 8yrs 10yrs 15yrs 17yrs 20yrs inside prison
and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term. Our families are in the
dark, they really don’t know what we are facing. We’ve spent a lot of money trying to appeal in
court, but all is to no avail.
Within my 8years in prison, I have witnessed over 100 deaths of Nigerian citizen in the Ghana
prison and most of their families are not even aware. They still keep the hope of their return
without knowing they are dead and buried with no rites. We appeal to the government of
Nigeria to please act on our behalf so we won’t continue to perish in this peril. There are many
Nigerians in all the 46 prisons in Ghana that
need help from the Nigerian government. Also the
media, kindly keep spreading the message until it finally grips the attention of the able government.
To fellow citizens of Nigeria, our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, please continue to pray
for us and do what you can to return us back home. Another sad part is that most of us are on
sick bed, no drugs for us. This is the unseen hardship Nigerian citizens in all the prisons in
Ghana are facing and myself inclusive. I’ve been sick for the past 2 months and they have not
taken me to the hospital or give me any drug. They treat us like animals, they give us dry garri
everyday, no access to communication. I know how I suffered to get this phone to send this
message to you. Please, on this message, lies the survival of about 800 to 1000 Nigerian prisoners
in the 46 prisons in Ghana who are in this type of high sentence. Help us spread the message to
all the four corners of Nigeria to make campaign for our freedom because that is the only hope
left for us.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Homeboiy: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
wetin u do

wet make them arrest u?
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Eshinwaju: 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
phranco:

My name is Emmanuel Emeka, a prisoner in Ankaful maximum security prison, Cape Coast,
Ghana. I’m serving a jail-term of 130yrs imprisonment and I’m presently in my 8th year. We
appeal to the Nigerian government to please come to our aid. The condition here has been so
unbearable for (we) Nigerian prisoners in Ghana. We need to reconnect with our families. The
Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high sentence of 50yrs
70yrs 100yrs 150yrs to 200yrs. Most of us have spent 8yrs 10yrs 15yrs 17yrs 20yrs inside prison
and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term. Our families are in the
dark, they really don’t know what we are facing. We’ve spent a lot of money trying to appeal in
Within my 8years in prison, I have witnessed over 100 deaths of Nigerian citizen in the Ghana
prison and most of their families are not even aware. They still keep the hope of their return
without knowing they are dead and buried with no rites. We appeal to the government of
Nigeria to please act on our behalf so we won’t continue to perish in this peril. There are many
media, kindly keep spreading the message until it finally grips the attention of the able government.
To fellow citizens of Nigeria, our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, please continue to pray
for us and do what you can to return us back home. Another sad part is that most of us are on
sick bed, no drugs for us. This is the unseen hardship Nigerian citizens in all the prisons in
Ghana are facing and myself inclusive. I’ve been sick for the past 2 months and they have not
taken me to the hospital or give me any drug. They treat us like animals, they give us dry garri
everyday, no access to communication. I know how I suffered to get this phone to send this
message to you. Please, on this message, lies the survival of about 800 to 1000 Nigerian prisoners
in the 46 prisons in Ghana who are in this type of high sentence. Help us spread the message to
all the four corners of Nigeria to make campaign for our freedom because that is the only hope
left for us.

Another ipod youth disgracing Nigeria abroad...can thry just go...is Nigeria by force....no need for referendum...just go please... shocked

7 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by ojun50(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nigerian thy represent sha, any where we shak head put them knw say we don come
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by ZorGBUooeh: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
phranco:

left for us.
Charlie who give you phone for prison? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by HughJazz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
tell Nnamdi Kanu and Biafrans to come and save you . nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by phranco(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
This is really unfair, why giving a human being 130yrs term, its as good as sentencing him. I don't think Nigeria where this inhuman to Ghanaian's when they were refugees in here. We took them as one and harboured them, there is God oo

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Omofunaab2: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
I wonder the population of igbos in various prisons across the world.. I used to think it was only Asian prisons but never knew our brothers were busy developing Ghanaian prisons too.

And these people want majority of us to believe they are hardworking. .

Emmanuel Emeka, please kindly contact IPOB headquarters, I'm sure they have a biafran embassy somewhere in Accra

5 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Paretomaster(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Emeka, finish ur sentence or write to the Biafra govt.. ...

Am sure u tried to develop dia country with one of ur trademark. ....
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by brendak5: 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
y will you expect the zoo govt to free you. flat head people

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by SaulRazor: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
phranco:
This is really unfair, why giving a human being 130yrs term, its as good as sentencing him. I don't think Nigeria where this inhuman to Ghanaian's when they were refugees in here. We took them as one and harboured them, there is God oo

Do you know what he did? I am sure he must have done something heinous to be slammed like that
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by brendak5: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
enema, is phone allowed in Ghanaian prisons? where did you get this phone you are tweeting with. you have committed another offence by making use of a phone Inside the cell. I Herby add another 25yrs to your days. onyeara

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Kaymercury(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Omofunaab2 post=57792279]I wonder the population of igbos in various prisons across the world.. I used to think it was only Asian prisons but never knew our brothers were busy developing Ghanaian prisons too.

Emmanuel Emeka, please kindly contact IPOB headquarters, I'm sure they have a biafran embassy somewhere in Accra [ /quote]no matter what they are still our brother
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by tonyzaks: 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
The headline should have been: Lamentation of a biafran from Ghana Prison, Calling on nnamdi kanu Useless pepo.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by abimbolayekeen: 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
i urge FG to do something on their case.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by freshest4live: 12:19am On Jun 24, 2017
tonyzaks:
The headline should have been: Lamentation of a biafran from Ghana Prison, Calling on nnamdi kanu Useless pepo.
Take it easy, at least for now they are still one of us, we can't hate our own and allow foreigners treat them anyhow, though l do not support crime.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by citizenY(m): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Omofunaab2:
I wonder the population of igbos in various prisons across the world.. I used to think it was only Asian prisons but never knew our brothers were busy developing Ghanaian prisons too.

Emmanuel Emeka, please kindly contact IPOB headquarters, I'm sure they have a biafran embassy somewhere in Accra

Not fair.

You are first of all a human being before anything else. Do not gloat on the misfortune of others, please.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by ademiD(f): 2:54am On Jun 24, 2017
Are u allowed to use cell phone in Prison??
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by bantudra: 3:50am On Jun 24, 2017
Omofunaab2:

can you imagine this fools...??...

they call the rest of nigeria all sorts of names and now we should help them after commiting crimes abroad??....

we should fight ghana because of criminals for them....

are this people even serious a tall...

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by wristbangle: 5:17am On Jun 24, 2017
At first, what was his crime? If it relates to drug trafficking, murder and other heavy crimes then there is little or nothing FG can do but if it's otherwise, this is when FG can step in.

But seriously what happens to earning legitimately where ever you go? Some people can disgrace this country reputation through their shady deals sha

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 24, 2017
OP, post sauce of his story to make it more credible, or are you the Nigerian prisoner himself?
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by phranco(m): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2017
igbodefender:
OP, post sauce of his story to make it more credible, or are you the Nigerian prisoner himself?

The source of the story is from the prisoner himself, he shared it on whatsapp and pleaded on ppl to continue sharing until it gets to our leaders
Re: Lamentations Of A Nigerian From Ghana Prison, Calling On FG To Do Something by phranco(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2017
igbodefender:

The source of the story is from the prisoner himself, he shared it on whatsapp and pleaded on ppl to continue sharing until it gets to our leaders

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Youths To Serve Quit Notice To Boko Haram / See The Resolutions Made By PDP NEC After A Meeting This Night(photos) / Breaking:osibanjo Leaves Rivers,fails To Commission Some Wike's Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.