Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread (14523 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / What Is The Most Overrated Video Game? / Most Overrated Video Games Of The Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by SkyCityBay1: 10:33am On Jun 24, 2017
Am guessing everybody on Nairaland has seen the topic
https://www.nairaland.com/3873304/most-overrated-video-games-decade Vasaritti16 made on overrated games, and talk about free for all attack ! .

Am not here to insult or call anybody names, or try to sound like I know everything in games, but I felt like this is something i should address. And to those that say he did "copy and paste ", that is debatable but, at least he brought something for us to talk about .

If you don't bring topics for people to talk about, then I don't think you can really condemn him. Some games he talked about were totally true and many were totally wrong. I believe you have all read his post, so please watch this video to see if am totally wrong too .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1BmjE9ebY

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Darksider131: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2017
God of war ASCENSION is the one that didnt make sense and was over-hyped

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by cao(f): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
It is funny, how some folks really don't know the meaning of overrated. At the end of the day, it was his opinion. For certain franchises, he should have been more specific with the games he was calling out.

13 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by khalhokage(m): 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
The thing is Vasaritti16 is the same person that created a thread about games being a tool of the Illuminati, how do you expect me to take his opinions on games seriously?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
khalhokage:
The thing is Vasaritti16 is the same person that created a thread about games being a tool of the Illuminati, how do you expect me to take his opinions on games seriously?

Lol!!!! U still remember that shiit!

I'm even more surprised ppl get time to argue on his shiit.

It Goes to show u the underlying deficit in knowledge about videogames In ng

Op even made a video on vaseratti grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by khalhokage(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
Silkmoth33:

I tire o.
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by nadleeh: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Silkmoth33:

yeah,the video was not all about him,but for some people making some funny statements.plus his moral compass was shocking. Not that i want to talk bad about him,but he said call of duty and Halo were overrated in his post right,then the next day the same games he called overrated were in his list of games you must play before you die ?!! ...... am i the only one off my meds today,that am able to see how he's contradicting himself?

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
nadleeh:
yeah,the video was not all about him,but for some people making some funny statements.plus his moral compass was shocking. Not that i want to talk bad about him,but he said call of duty and Halo were overrated in his post right,then the next day the same games he called overrated were in his list of games you must play before you die ?!! ...... am i the only one off my meds today,that am able to see how he's contradicting himself?
I think you should understand the topic I said games you must play before you die not my list of favorite games
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
Am guessing everybody on Nairaland has seen the topic Vasaritti16 made on overrated games,and talk about free for all attack ! . Am not here to insult or call anybody names, or try to sound like I know everything in games, but I felt like this is something i should address. And to those that say he did "copy and paste ", that is debatable but, at least he brought something for us to talk about . If you don't bring topics for people to talk about, then I don't think you can really condemn him. Some games he talked about were totally true and many were totally wrong. I believe you have all read his post, so please watch this video to see if am totally wrong too .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1BmjE9ebY
I watched the video and thumbs up to you and your crew you guys really tried. Am not a fan of Xbox or Playstaion the I think it overrated is because aside from GOW 1 & 2, GOW 3 feltso empty, like they tried WAY too hard to top part 2, and it fell flat on its face. I'll look into part 4 but I will continue to criticize it If this new God of War doesn't give me a damn good explanation as to how one man can destroy the entire world in his vengeance for Zeus, but then just switch religions... It forces you to do increasingly disturbing things without ever giving you the option to choose a different path. Like that scene where you throw a man off a ledge. Kratos has always been a jerk, don’t get me wrong. He killed innocent civilians with little to no explanation in the first two games as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand the fact that he killed Ares. But continued on his quest for revenge He says that he’s out for
revenge. But revenge for what, exactly? Looking back at God of War II , the main offense Zeus committed was trying to stop Kratos (at that point the bonafide god of war himself) from waging a war with his old Spartan buddies—killing him and stripping the guy of his godly powers in the process. Is trying to keep the peace, and doing so forcefully, really a punishable offense for the king of the gods to commit? No, of course not. That’s his friggin’ job! But Kratos doesn't care.
By the beginning of the third game, he’s transformed into the villain. The game tries to deny this by introducing you to Pandora, a small girl that, unlike every other character in the game, you actually have to keep alive. She talks of hope, saying the one thing that sustains you when all else is gone. Do you know why God of War doesn't make the list of of Top 100 games of all time? I will leave you to answer that question yourself. God of War fans are going to hate me for saying but the truth is GOW not one of those games that can withstand the test of time.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by SkyCityBay1: 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
Vasaratti16:
I watched the video and thumbs up to you and your crew you guys really tried. Am not a fan of Xbox or Playstaion the I think it overrated is because aside from GOW 1 & 2, GOW 3 feltso empty, like they tried WAY too hard to top part 2, and it fell flat on its face. I'll look into part 4 but I will continue to criticize it If this new God of War doesn't give me a damn good explanation as to how one man can destroy the entire world in his vengeance for Zeus, but then just switch religions... It forces you to do increasingly disturbing things without ever giving you the option to choose a different path. Like that scene where you throw a man off a ledge. Kratos has always been a jerk, don’t get me wrong. He killed innocent civilians with little to no explanation in the first two games as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand the fact that he killed Ares. But continued on his quest for revenge He says that he’s out for
revenge. But revenge for what, exactly? Looking back at God of War II , the main offense Zeus committed was trying to stop Kratos (at that point the bonafide god of war himself) from waging a war with his old Spartan buddies—killing him and stripping the guy of his godly powers in the process. Is trying to keep the peace, and doing so forcefully, really a punishable offense for the king of the gods to commit? No, of course not. That’s his friggin’ job! But Kratos doesn't care.
By the beginning of the third game, he’s transformed into the villain. The game tries to deny this by introducing you to Pandora, a small girl that, unlike every other character in the game, you actually have to keep alive. She talks of hope, saying the one thing that sustains you when all else is gone. Do you know why God of War doesn't make the list of of Top 100 games of all time? I will leave you to answer that question yourself. God of War fans are going to hate me for saying but the truth is GOW not one of those games that can withstand the test of time.

instead of you guys leaving him to die after he tried to commit suicide,you gave him superpowers but refuse to take away his nightmares ?? . And let's not forget that the gods shunned him. And Zeus is a villain okay . Please check your Greek history.when your wife teams up with the titans to take you down,you are a villain. And if we are going to use the game,I can think of two people's lives he messed up just because he can. And did Zeus not wipe out kratos hometown in part 2 ?,women and children were in that town,i hope you know !! . Talk about d*ck move. The king of gods is a shitty dad,anybody can say what they want,cuz when you're a shitty dad,you are a villain. PS thanks for watching the video,hope you would watch our future videos. And we would love to make a video with you and CAO.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
instead of you guys leaving him to die after he tried to commit suicide,you gave him superpowers but refuse to take away his nightmares ?? . And let's not forget that the gods shunned him. And Zeus is a villain okay . Please check your Greek history.when your wife teams up with the titans to take you down,you are a villain. And if we are going to use the game,I can think of two people's lives he messed up just because he can. And did Zeus not wipe out kratos hometown in part 2 ?,women and children were in that town,i hope you know !! . Talk about d*ck move. The king of gods is a shitty dad,anybody can say what they want,cuz when you're a shitty dad,you are a villain. PS thanks for watching the video,hope you would watch our future videos. And we would love to make a video with you and CAO.
From the things I've seen Kratos do, he's no different from the gods he's killed . No problem about the video.
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by cao(f): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
Interesting, sure why not?
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by ije81(f): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
nadleeh:
Long thing
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Vasaratti16:

I'm amazed that you said GOW didn't make it to top 100 games of all time. Where did you get that from and what yardstick was used to judge it?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by johnjay4u2u(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
winter n bo o.
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Tripplejay23(m): 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kudos bro more wisdom from above
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by PiuniMan: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Why on earth will you guys be arguing over video games?

Just for pleasure isn't it?
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by HausaOverlord: 11:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
PiuniMan:
Why on earth will you guys be arguing over video games?

Just for pleasure isn't it?
how e take concern u.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Saying GOW is overhyped is a mortal sin.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by slinkman(m): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Vasaratti16:
From the things I've seen Kratos do, he's no different from the gods he's killed . No problem about the video.
one of the reasons he killed himself at the very end of part 3, releasing the power of hope to the World

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by LaRochelle(f): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2017
If you don't understand all the grammar they're speaking here as I don't, raise your hand.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by Mexyz(m): 12:33am On Jul 19, 2017
LaRochelle:
If you don't understand all the grammar they're speaking here as I don't, raise your hand.
My two hands are up....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by spartan117(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Who d hell are these guys? What section do they post all these and how did this reach front-page

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by akocce(m): 3:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Vasaratti16:

U obviously don't knw d full story of God of War... Maybe if u had played d PSP versions, u would have a better understanding of Kratos' anger. U knw the story of only d console releases... D story of Kratos goes beyond parts 1 to 3... Read about "the chains of Olympus" and "the Ghost of Sparta". Well, u can still check up on dis. Google is ur friend.
Re: A Nairalander's Assessment Of The Overrated Video Games Of The Decade Thread by LordVoldemort(m): 4:17am On Jul 19, 2017
Why make the video if you are going to angry with almost everything he said. I don't think DESTINY is overrated a bit.

If you say a game is overrated, it should be a game with huge publicity that everyone rush to get the first day and after playing they felt its a total waste of time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Pls, How Can I Run Pes 2016 / Official FIFA 17 Thread (pc/xbox/playstation) / Get Your Psp Problems Solved Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.