Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads (865 Views)

Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles / Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 / See The Number Of Vehicles On Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by AutoReportNG: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2017
In furtherance of its spirited effort to make Lagos State cleaner, healthier and more liveable, the Lagos State Government has established a special taskforce for the removal of abandoned and disused vehicles and tricycles littering the State.

Similarly, the State Government has appointed vehicular scrap collection agent in line with Section 56 sub-section (1) of the Lagos State Harmonised Environmental Law, 2017 whose activity will commence from Saturday, July 1st 2017.

Consequently, Lagosians are hereby notified of the operational procedure of the Taskforce as follows:

i. Pasting of Removal Notice Stickers on identified abandoned vehicles with a 7-day period for self-removal by owners of the vehicle

ii. Upon expiration of the grace period, identified abandoned vehicles will be removed by the taskforce to a designated depot within the State.

iii. Where such vehicles are unclaimed within 30 days, the vehicles will be forfeited to the government and undergo proper disposal accordingly.

The General public is hereby advised to comply strictly with this directive while Security agencies are urged to ensure compliance.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/06/lagos-state-govt-begins-evacuation-of.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove

Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by AutoReportNG: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Lagos means business... If you have any car on the road, time to act...

Lalasticlala, Seun

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by Ehiscotch(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Very good directive. Thumbs up. Ambode.
Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by jchioma: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2017
Owners of abandoned vehicles should endeavor to move their vehicles or sell as scrap before they are towed away. Lagos state means business.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by nurey(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2017
Kai, I saw the sticker on my Lamborghini, time to rob bank and fix the engine grin
Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by AutoReportNG: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2017
nurey:
Kai, I saw the sticker on my Lamborghini, time to rob bank and fix the engine grin

Evans will be waiting for you then... How are you? Its been a while..
Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by nurey(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Evans will be waiting for you then... How are you? Its been a while..
I am fine, depression things thanks for asking

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2017
Good move. Mechanics and some car owners have turned the road side to their personal garage.

Those cars above are actually located along Igbosere High Court Road, Lagos Island. It's always been like that for years. Good riddance.
Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by loomer: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2017
E come be like say small small our leaders heads don dey dey house

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt. Begins Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2017
As Osinbajo assumed office as acting president, things don dey improve nation wide..........

(1) (Reply)

The Difference B/w 07 And 08 Mercedes Benz Ml350 4matic / Innoson Motor Unveil 17seater Bus / Turn Yourself Into A Car Shopping Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.