Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Bishop Oyedepo On Church Taxation And Successor Of Living Faith Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo On Church Taxation And Successor Of Living Faith Church (811 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / Jindu John Nwabudike And Oyedepo On Jet Ride: My Cameras Will Never Remain Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo On Church Taxation And Successor Of Living Faith Church by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
There as been so many questions regarding the succession plan of Nigerian Indigenous Ministeries like RCCG, LFCW, BLW, MFM, Deeperlife ministries. So in this interview Bishop Oyedepo answers a question about his succession plan.f

Do you think churches should pay taxes as being advocated in some quarters?

My view is that such will amount to double taxation. This is because members that give in churches must have paid their taxes on their income before giving in church, or in any religious or social organisation for that matter; therefore, taxing the church amounts to double taxation. Besides, churches are legally recognised as non-profit organisations and on what basis should they be taxed? My question has always been: Why single out the churches? Are they the only religious or not-for-profit organisations? But should this be ever passed into law, then all other religious bodies and non-profit-organisations such as mosques, town unions, social clubs, all forms of associations, including political parties, must pay taxes.

There is the general belief that you hardly rest. Is this true? If not, how do you relax?

It is not true. What I do is to break my day into two parts. I take a deep rest after the first half before resuming for work in the second half. There is nothing I enjoy like working. I have said several times humorously that I have only one gift - the gift of working!

How do you intend to attain the vision for the Covenant University to be rated among the best 10 in the world by 2022?

We are already on track and we shall keep pressing and pushing because we see it as a prophetic agenda. The hand of the Lord can never fail to deliver His divine purpose. For instance, recently, Covenant University was ranked second of all federal, state and private universities in Nigeria and 25th in Africa in July 2014 Webometric Ranking. To God be the glory, we are making great progress.

Are you grooming any of your children to take over from you?

I have so many children – biological and spiritual and I keep investing time, energy and resources in developing their leadership potentials through seminars, summits and conferences most of which centre around spiritual leadership development. However, succession in the kingdom is absolutely at God’s prerogative as in the case of Moses and Joshua.

Furthermore, in this ministry, we have an operational manual called The Mandate. This 504-page book contains, among others, details of statutory procedures for succession. This book, which was released in 2012, is the second bible of this ministry as it were and the content shall not be subject to review until after the first 50 years, that is 2062, if at all.

Lalasticlala

http://amebonisedcu..com.ng/2014/09/?m=1
Re: Bishop Oyedepo On Church Taxation And Successor Of Living Faith Church by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ok sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo On Church Taxation And Successor Of Living Faith Church by Sonoyom(m): 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Happy Sunday! Come On In And Rep Your Church / Can ONE WITNESS Rise Up Against A Person To Accuse Them Of SIN And Condemn Them? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/08/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.