Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Do People Change Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Change Church? (7022 Views)

What Made You Change Church? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Reasons Children Change Church Once They Get Admitted In Higer Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Change Church? by olumaxi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Everything stil centres on DISATISFACTION
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by tens4real(m): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Because religion is a scam.. . Churches are fake so if they feel they can't get what they want In a particular church
They change to another one..
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by lajoshua: 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
keypad1:
tribalism is a big reasom.

Yoruba people have tribalised redeemed church, mountain of fire, as if jesus is from the south west,

igbo people have tribalised the lords chosen, catholic, assenblies of God church and anglican as if jesus is from igboland.

Idoma people carried methodist on their forehead.

Igala people wants to die on top of ecwa.

Tiv has tribalised catholicism.

So many tribal wahala in churches theses days. If you are not a major tribe the people whose brother is the founder of the church will never like you. They will be planning to see our they can oust you so that their language person will be head.

Thats my observation.

This is true and very saddening too
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by yak(m): 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
I have personal believe from my study of the Bible. so, any church that believe otherwise and cannot provide biblical stand for that will C my back
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Intrepid01(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
the reason why people attend church will help you to understand why they change church at one point or the other. I strongly believe that the church you attend is a reflection of your "NEEDS"; be it spiritual, financial , or even social needs. Unfortunately peoples needs do change over time, so when an individual's need changes and realises his present church can't meet the need, the person moves to a church "perceived" to be able to meet the need.

For example, many youths would prefer to go to Christ Embassy, Day Star and a few Catholic church when their needs is about social class, personal pride and the likes. But if the individual start having spiritual challenges, he or she will run to Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, a church that teaches members how to fight and war with the enemy through prayers, faith and undiluted word of God......

gracias

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change Church? by nurusystem(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Miracle and packaging
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Macdawid(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
hemartins:
People change their place of worship due to these reasons :

# Migration and Relocation
# Perception
# Cultural view and practices / believe system
# Dissatisfaction
# Congregation Attitude
# Church Practice
# communication
# Extradition
Etc.........
Bruh u forgot to add 'MIRACLE' smiley
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by lincs25(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Unemployed youths are being deceived that they will be given job, couple with poverty in the Land. Some people are being deceived by fake miracles. Some are looking for where high profile people worship for connection and upliftment.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
Omooba77:
What is trend today is for people to move from one church to another.
You hardly find someone who has not attended more than one church.
Please why is this so?
First of all the church is a gathering of brethrens. So there's a form of fellowship among them. There are some reasons why people move from one church to another. The reasons are
1.salvation of their souls. Some churches don't preach salvation instead they stress on riches, it's well with your soul among others. Some preach holiness which lead to Salvation but negate healings, deliverance, breakthrough, e.t.c. others preaches salvation, holiness, does deliverance yet some persons are not convinced because they don't practice what they preach
2. Some persons move because there had issues with their form church
3. Some move because they're either got married to their spouse from another denomination
4.Some move to sample how different churches operate while others are spies.
Locomotion from one church to another isn't bad as we strive to get salvation and make heaven. It's important to bear in mind that there's no church in heaven as Yeshua wouldn't ask you the church you attended but whether you did his will

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
If the church cannot change you, change the church.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by jfleece(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Cos some churches are boring!!!!
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by stanfford: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Well I recently changed from one church to another due to so many reasons

1. No love in the church at all, sad faces everywhere, a fellow church member will see u outside and bone u, even when u just stepped out of church everyone just mind his or her business, if u don't go to church for 10yrs no one cares.

2. The music isn't good enough, only one keyboardist and whenever he chooses not to come to church den d service will just be boring, even when he's around Sef the quor dem no too Sabi.

3. You go to church by 8, 12 u are still in the church, the service is too long, dey don't keep to time.

4. The first time I attended mid week service, I regretted leaving my house because even a house fellowship is far better than what I saw. Not up to 7 people in a corner.....for a church as big as that.

So many other factors made me port to another church.

In the new church, everything is opposite, time conscious and happy people everywhere, music is superb. Just what I need
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by ikorodureporta: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Josh44s:

Are you referring to churches like Winner's Chapel and Christ Embassy? grin

who sees all thez & still refuses to run for his/her dear life........https://www.nairaland.com/3854600/why-many-people-leaving-church
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by essence1: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
People do that because they have itching ears, because they no longer can endure SOUND DOCTRINE, but prefer to hear doctrines that suit them and their evil lifestyle. Doctrine of devils.

If you don't have the holy Spirit and you do not know the TRUTH of God's word( Not all doctrine are of God) you will be mislead big time.

Search the Scripture for yourself.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Nathanieloo7(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
because they want miracle centre
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Quinn22(f): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
Because they are confused undecided
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by damzy88: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=Intrepid01 post=57825930]the reason why people attend church will help you to understand why they change church at one point or the other. I strongly believe that the church you attend is a reflection of your "NEEDS"; be it spiritual, financial , or even social needs. Unfortunately peoples needs do change over time, so when an individual's need changes and realises his present church can't meet the need, the person moves to a church "perceived" to be able to meet the need.

For example, many youths would prefer to go to Christ Embassy, Day Star and a few Catholic church when their needs is about social class, personal pride and the likes. But if the individual start having spiritual challenges, he or she will run to Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, a church that teaches members how to fight and war with the enemy through prayers, faith and undiluted word of God......

This is it grin
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by irririchris(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
OP, you ask Why people change church abi?

When you discover your Pastor is bleeping like 3 other ladies, even on his matrimonial bed.. and one of his mistresses decided
to send her nudes to the wife telling her that 'this is what your husband wants' with serious threats
and the wife had to move out of the house her father bought for her and the so called husband (pastor)

Not to mention the psychological effect it's having on me...

nobody will tell you before you run away from such a Church.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by spencerwilliams(m): 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
where ever a man goes or what ever he does are motivated by reasons and expectations,so @op there are no objective reasons why people change there church it is subjectively relative as my reason might be different from the reason of another, but the bottom line is that IF YOU KNOW WHY A MAN IS IN CHURCH YOU WILL KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE HIM LEAVE THAT CHURCH.(expectations cut short)
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Basfaq(m): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Churches of today is like telecommunications company, when the call charging is high you port to another or you could even have two sims then you know which one to put your money in. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change Church? by sosoliso123: 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
the Church today is a money making machine, they should all be tax
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Omooba77: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
sosoliso123:
the Church today is a money making machine, they should all be tax

Not so sir, church is a free gift organisation.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by femi4: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
Omooba77:
What is trend today is for people to move from one church to another.
You hardly find someone who has not attended more than one church.
Please why is this so?
Some for genuine reasons while others are for selfish reason
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Stupidity and lack of knowledge

E.g......you don't stop being part of your family because you are dissatisfied with the way your entire family does things, no. You don't stop being your brother's brother simply because he keeps disgracing you. She doesn't stop being your aunt simply because she has unaunty like behaviour, no.

Whatever is happeining in your church that you dont like, best you try to sort it out within the church because every other (household) church has its problems.... dissatisfaction, crazy behaviour, immorality and all. Its just comes in a different form.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by alanka(f): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
hemartins:
Pehople change their place of worship due to these reasons :

# Migration and Relocation
# Perception
# Cultural view and practices / believe system
# Dissatisfaction
# Congregation Attitude
# Church Practice
# communication
# Extradition
Etc.........
when you have f'''k some members and some members have f'''''k you. The op knows but he pretended he does know this.

OP must be an afonja
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by caracas: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
keypad1:
tribalism is a big reasom.

Yoruba people have tribalised redeemed church, mountain of fire, as if jesus is from the south west,

igbo people have tribalised the lords chosen, catholic, assenblies of God church and anglican as if jesus is from igboland.

Idoma people carried methodist on their forehead.

Igala people wants to die on top of ecwa.

Tiv has tribalised catholicism.

So many tribal wahala in churches theses days. If you are not a major tribe the people whose brother is the founder of the church will never like you. They will be planning to see our they can oust you so that their language person will be head.

Thats my observation.
Pls stop comparing the Roman Catholic church with all those mushroom churches
The Catholic church is different.
Christ is our founder not owned by any man.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by keypad1: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
caracas:

Pls stop comparing the Roman Catholic church with all those mushroom churches
The Catholic church is different.
Christ is our founder not owned by any man.
tell me somethin. What happened in imo state concerning the rev father that pope benedict appointed to head a church in that locality? Didnt the people in that area rebelled against the father that they want someone from imo state instead of anambra? Did pope francis solve the issue or not? Answer me oga. U have no point
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by hemartins(m): 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
alanka:
when you have f'''k some members and some members have f'''''k you. The op knows but he pretended he does know this.

OP must be an afonja
Raw words bro. Raw words
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by alanka(f): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
hemartins:

Raw words bro. Raw words
Raw word ko, raw food ni. Afonjas like perambulating.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by hemartins(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
alanka:
Raw word ko, raw food ni. Afonjas like perambulating.
Just checked your dp, it occurred to me you are one too. Daaayyyuuuumm
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by alanka(f): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
hemartins:

Just checked your dp, it occurred to me you are one too. Daaayyyuuuumm
one what? One almajiril? YES!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The “tongues Of Angels” In 1 Corinthians 13:1? / Is It Good To Play Sport Betting During Fasting Period? / 5 Questions For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.