Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Why Do People Change Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Change Church? (7042 Views)

What Made You Change Church? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Reasons Children Change Church Once They Get Admitted In Higer Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Change Church? by caracas: 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
keypad1:
tell me somethin. What happened in imo state concerning the rev father that pope benedict appointed to head a church in that locality? Didnt the people in that area rebelled against the father that they want someone from imo state instead of anambra? Did pope francis solve the issue or not? Answer me oga. U have no point
What's your point? The pope is the head of the holy Roman Catholic church , he is not the owner nor the founder only the leader,this your question my dear is rather childish.
N for ur info the mbaise diocese issue is still on .
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Didov1(f): 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
caracas:

Pls stop comparing the Roman Catholic church with all those mushroom churches
The Catholic church is different.
Christ is our founder not owned by any man.
...lol..mushroom church keh,..hope u r coverd cox dey wil soom come 4 ur head ...
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Tonydeeb(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Exactly! Couldn't help but laugh it off when a muslim friend asked why most Christians stick to a certain church for long, and not moving about, alternating betwixt diff churches every other sunday; since, atleast we claim we claim God is thesame everywhere?.

While trying to come off as smart and possibly a free-thinker which I always tell him I am, the idea in itself sounded rather dumb to me.

Why in the first instance would you want to that? What do you seek? Alternating different branches within a denomination doesn't make sense not to mention parading different churches with no ties every other sunday.

Save the fact that you're away from home, have an appointment at a location few minutes past the end of service in your church and all, it just is a stupid thing to do.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by jaymex: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
When u don pekus pastor wife ,church member
And u are tagged "Baba Olomi iye"
The poster above knows beta grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Queentito(f): 12:06am On Jun 26, 2017
People change church for different reasons, if you attend a church and it looks like everybody in the church are in a competition against one another, who's using the latest car, wearing the most expensive designers, who is using the latest and expensive phones, church have become a place to do pepper Dem gang, people using iphones in the church looks down on tecno users etc. So you might want to look for a more spirit filled church
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by gemale(m): 1:26am On Jun 26, 2017
keypad1:
tell me somethin. What happened in imo state concerning the rev father that pope benedict appointed to head a church in that locality? Didnt the people in that area rebelled against the father that they want someone from imo state instead of anambra? Did pope francis solve the issue or not? Answer me oga. U have no point
What is happening in ahiara diocese is very sad but the pope has spoken & it is expected that the priests & laity there obey or be disrobed & denied the sacraments. The catholic church isn't a place to entertain such pettiness & ego trips. Every priest during his ordination takes a vow of obedience & to default is to attract sanctions. However, it's not the whole of imo state it's happening; other dioceses such as owerri & okigwe are not involved.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by gemale(m): 1:50am On Jun 26, 2017
Omooba77:
What is trend today is for people to move from one church to another.
You hardly find someone who has not attended more than one church.
Please why is this so?
It's primarily because a lot of people have left following Jesus to chase the ephemeral things of life. To some of them, it's all a trend. If another place can promise them a better package than the previous place, off they zoom. I once left the church i was born into in my university days. I even got baptized at that church because i felt the church i was in was forced on me but thank God, i studied the teachings of the church i was about to leave and saw that i was about to do was like trading a goldmine for a few grams of gold. People who change church because of challenges they encounter don't know that challenges are part of life. If 1 challenge brought you to a church, certainly, another 1 would take you out of there to another church and so would the cycle continue.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by gemale(m): 2:09am On Jun 26, 2017
Queentito:
People change church for different reasons, if you attend a church and it looks like everybody in the church are in a competition against one another, who's using the latest car, wearing the most expensive designers, who is using the latest and expensive phones, church have become a place to do pepper Dem gang, people using iphones in the church looks down on tecno users etc. So you might want to look for a more spirit filled church
Or you might ignore such pettiness and focus on the message preached by the minister, being a doer of the word of God & how to cooperate with the grace of God so as to enter heaven instead of the phones, cars or clothes used by others. The way i see it, its a choice. You either allow the petty distractions of materialism affect you or you decide to look unto Jesus Christ, the author & finisher of our faith knowing that Vanities upon Vanity, all is vanity. That 'competition' you mentioned is most likely unofficial. The fact that 1 noticed such things & feels 'oppressed' is a sign that a certain measure of pride lurks within 1.Nobody tells you point blank that you are not welcome there so therefore kindly remain there. Take it as a lesson in humility & relate with them normally, asking God to close 1s eye to distractions.
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by gabrielokeke555(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2017
If your Church ⛪️ cannot change you, you change Church....
Re: Why Do People Change Church? by Queentito(f): 12:54am On Jun 29, 2017
gemale:

Or you might ignore such pettiness and focus on the message preached by the minister, being a doer of the word of God & how to cooperate with the grace of God so as to enter heaven instead of the phones, cars or clothes used by others. The way i see it, its a choice. You either allow the petty distractions of materialism affect you or you decide to look unto Jesus Christ, the author & finisher of our faith knowing that Vanities upon Vanity, all is vanity. That 'competition' you mentioned is most likely unofficial. The fact that 1 noticed such things & feels 'oppressed' is a sign that a certain measure of pride lurks within 1.Nobody tells you point blank that you are not welcome there so therefore kindly remain there. Take it as a lesson in humility & relate with them normally, asking God to close 1s eye to distractions.

Hmmm, there's sense in this. The type of phone I use or the designer I wear wouldn't matter in heaven

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists / The Dangers Of Religious Fundamentalism To Intellectualism / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.