Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,037 members, 7,845,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers (9806 Views)

New Pictures Of Sanusi At His Lagos Residence / Ganduje Orders District Heads To Shun Emir Sanusi At Kano Durbar / Shahida Sanusi Represents Emir Sanusi At BBOG 1st Annual Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by nathdim: 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

And there lies the origin of all the problems muslims bring to the world.
For those of you who wish to know, Sanusi is wearing a sword to symbolize his perceived duty to conquer 'infidels' in the name of Allah under the authority of the Sultan in Sokoto.
Christians take note I think it's high time we start thinking about restarting the crusade
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by deeway200(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
masquerade
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Mbediogu(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

An Amir is both a religious and political title and it roughly translates to "Leader of Muslims"

Islam does not obey the rule of separating religion from the state.

The Islamic state is governed by sharia legal code.

Chei we don enter wahala. Christ save us.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Adeevah(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
I love this!

All haters, including the Igbos can die now and go to their real saviour instead of seeing that epileptic, empty septic brain, hermaphrodite like creature as the saviour

Go and die

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by tempex88(m): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

An Amir is both a religious and political title and it roughly translates to "Leader of Muslims"

Islam does not obey the rule of separating religion from the state.

The Islamic state is governed by sharia legal code.

Excellent response.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Ayomideen(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Atiku2019:

Lol what can you say of Queen of England? She's the Leader of a great country and head of the Anglican church cool
Ouch
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Mbediogu(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Atiku2019:

Lol what can you say of Queen of England? She's the Leader of a great country and head of the Anglican church cool

Queen is not head of Anglican church. There is an Archbishop of Canterbury resident in Lambert town of Canterbury.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by furrr(m): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

And there lies the origin of all the problems muslims bring to the world.
For those of you who wish to know, Sanusi is wearing a sword to symbolize his perceived duty to conquer 'infidels' in the name of Allah under the authority of the Sultan in Sokoto.

This is a problem with some of you guys you don't criticise in genuine manner

If you don't understand why the emir is wearing a sword simply ask and don't provide fake information you can't prove

And here are some real facts....

1)Now the reason why sanusi is wearing a sword has got nothing to do with religion ........

2) sanusi is not only a religious leader he is also a traditional leader....... with the latter being more pronounced... hence wearing a sword is traditional symbol like his turban, his cape, and their designs etc

3)sarki or kings in hausa land have beign wearing swords long before islam came to hausa land......

4) and lastly if you still hold to your beliefs after the facts I have just provided..... show us any evidence from islam or any Islamic country where they wear sword to pray..... undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
OgaJonah:

How about the pastors wearing CAMOUFLAGE AND HOLDING GUNS AT CHURCH

He is a millitary man in bornu... This one is a royal and leader and holding a gun sends a wrong message.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by myhotbrain: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mbediogu:

Queen is not head of Anglican church. There is an Archbishop of Canterbury resident in Lambert town of Canterbury.

Actually, the Queen of England is both the Head of State and Supreme Head of the Church of England. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the Spiritual Head of the Church of England.

The Pope is also the Head of State of the Vatican and the Spiritual Head of the Catholic faith.

The King of Saudi Arabia is the Head of State and the Spiritual Head of all Sunni Muslims faith as well the Custodian of the 2 greatest holiest sites (mosques) in all of the Muslim world whether of Shiite or Sunni followers.

The Sultan of Sokoto is both the Supreme Head of all Fulani clan and Supreme Leader, Spiritual Head of all muslims (Amir ul Islam) in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
furrr:

This is a problem with some of you guys you don't criticise in genuine manner

If you don't understand why the emir is wearing a sword simply ask and don't provide fake information you can't prove

And here are some real facts....

1)Now the reason why sanusi is wearing a sword has got nothing to do with religion ........

2) sanusi is not only a religious leader he is also a traditional leader....... with the latter being more pronounced... hence wearing a sword is traditional symbol like his turban, his cape, and their designs etc

3)sarki or kings in hausa land have beign wearing swords long before islam came to hausa land......

4) and lastly if you still hold to your beliefs after the facts I have just provided..... show us any evidence from islam or any Islamic country where they wear sword to pray..... undecided

Tell that story (with all due respect) to other gullible people. Your explanation is shallow, some of us know history.

1. Since 1805 when the last indigenous ruler and Sultan leader of Kano was defeated by the Fulani, Kano has been an Emirate of the Sokwoto Caliphate. All political and religious authority derives from Sokwoto. The Emir carries the sword of conquest derived from his power as a representative of the Sultan and not as a fully independent ruler; there is a flag and Quran as well from the same source in case you don't know.

2. The Sanusi I know is trying to pass a message. Do you think that his wearing a sword is accidental at this time when there is so much agitation against the Hausa / Fulani ? At a time when a power shift is possible ?
When was the last time you saw an Emir any Emir, wear a sword to lead prayers ? Eid prayers for that matter ? I cant recall any - and I have been following the news since I was a child.
My friend, the sword was meant to be noticed . It is not innocuous.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by furrr(m): 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
dinggle:
Oyinbo dey laugh us...inside hot sun see wetin person wear in the name of Emir of Kano.

Mumu, oyibo don't finish fry ur brain. Well what do you expect from a cultureless traditionally clueless and confused people

Now this is what you should be attacking.....
Useless head wig......

grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by maisauki: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
HsLBroker:
Why hold a sword that look like a cross while praying, things I don't understand
WHY PUT FEATHER ON YOUR CAP? We should learn to respect other people's culture whether or not we are contented with it

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by furrr(m): 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Tell that crap(with all due respect) to other gullible people.

1. Since 1805 when the last indigenous ruler and Sultan of Kano was defeated by the Fulani, Kano has been an Emirate of the Sokwoto Caliphate. All political and religious authority derives from Sokwoto. He carries the sword of conquest.

2. The Sanusi I know is trying to pass a message. Do you think that his wearing a sword is accidental at this time when there is so much agitation against the Hausa / Fulani ? At a time when a power shift is possible ?
When was the last time you saw an Emir wear a sword to lead prayers ? I cant remember and I have been following the news since I was a child.

What you fail to mention.. or simply not true is...

1 kano has never throughout its history had a sultan

2 when the fulani defeated the habe (hausa) kings they did not abolish their heritage and culture infact they adopted it

3 And to say that somehow kings in kano started wearing swords during the era of the fulani rule is simply false

4 sokoto has no influence whatsoever in the traditional and cultural heritage of kano infact it has no say on who is and isn't king..... What sokoto has is Islamic influence not only over hausa land but throughout present day nigeria and parts of niger republic

5 and the last point is purely speculation as you cannot possibly provide any evidence that he is wearing it because of biafra agitation...... undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by maisauki: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Tell that crap(with all due respect) to other gullible people. Your explanation is shallow, some of us know history.

1. Since 1805 when the last indigenous ruler and Sultan of Kano was defeated by the Fulani, Kano has been an Emirate of the Sokwoto Caliphate. All political and religious authority derives from Sokwoto. The Emir carries the sword of conquest derived from his power as a representative of the Sultan and not as an independent ruler; there is a flag and Quran as well from the same source in case you don't know.

When was the last time you saw an Emir any Emir, wear a sword to lead prayers ? Eid prayers for that matter ? I cant recall any - and I have been following the news since I was a child.
My friend, the sword was meant to be noticed . It is not innocuous.
GOAN TELL SANUSI FACE TO FACE THAT PUTTING ON SWORD ISN'T GOOD...HE WILL SING YOUR PRAISES IN A MELODIOUS WAY
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by nogetenemy: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by danla44(m): 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I don't understand, is he the Chief Imam?

Has Kano lost it?

Emir is just an english name, their real name is "Amir" means leader of an Islamic state. Amir is suppose to be a political and religious leader to some extend with a responsibily of being a chief judge with an option of deligation.

So please if you dont know how do thing in our culture, religion or region, dont hesitate to ASK but do not critisize.

Thank you
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by modsfucker: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
jejemanito:

These are the kind of people Lugard deemed fit to join me with?

You'd rather live with dem Evans abi?

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by iyb(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
jejemanito:

These are the kind of people Lugard deemed fit to join me with?
And who the hell do you think you are insignificant speck
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=furrr post=57837865]

What you fail to mention.. or simply not true is...

1 kano has never throughout its history had a sultan
I stand corrected. They had a king call him whatever you may.

2 when the fulani defeated the habe (hausa) kings they did not abolish their heritage and culture infact they adopted it
True. They did not; but they assimilated them and made them swear allegiance. Kano is unique in this respect of all the emirates

3 And to say that somehow kings in kano started wearing swords during the era of the fulani rule is simply false
I never said so. I said that the modern sword as a symbol of authority is derived from his status as a defender of the faith allied to the Dan Fodio political dynasty.

4 sokoto has no influence whatsoever in the traditional and cultural heritage of kano infact it has no say on who is and isn't king..... What sokoto has is Islamic influence not only over hausa land but throughout present day nigeria and parts of niger republic
Maybe true. Not really relevant though.

5. and the last point is purely speculation as you cannot possibly provide any evidence that he is wearing it because of biafra agitation...... undecided
Hahaha /s Not Biafra alone. All I will say is : Lets see how events develop in the near future; perhaps this will be my first time to witness smoke without fire. I'm not holding my breath though.
Cheers.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by atk5: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
We the Muslims believe that all our action are judge according to our intention so weather HRH Sanusi hold Sword or whatever u call it is Left for him on the intention of holding it. This sword only signifies a warrior as it has the tradition of the pass kings of 16 to 17 century. So it is not a big deal if u don't know something just ask.
For instance if some of you christian are opportune to go Jerusalem u will find out that it is just as if u r not practicing chrtianity coz u will defenetly going to see many things that u don't do it here in our country and no one will start calling u with names. So just mind your own religion and stop interfering in others religion
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Trexnemesis(m): 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
brunofarad:
What's the significance of the sword , muslim brothers should shed light on this pls

Sign of religion of peace. By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Trexnemesis(m): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
maisauki:

WHY PUT FEATHER ON YOUR CAP? We should learn to respect other people's culture whether or not we are contented with it

Sword at a so-called holy praying ground! It speaks volume about the religion - a confirmation of what the whole world already know. It's a sign of ' religion of peace'.!!!
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by annyberry: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
dinggle:
Oyinbo dey laugh us...inside hot sun see wetin person wear in the name of Emir of Kano.
na so dem say make dem use sun kill us for Nysc camp for kano
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Yubee40(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
Atiku2019:

Actually the archbishop of canterbury is the leader of the Anglican Church
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by SirChime(m): 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mulitculturalism is a fool's errand. A nation by its very definition is a collection of people united by common descent, history, culture, and language. The root word of "diversity" is divide.
With all due respect,we are not a Nation.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by bakila: 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
jejemanito:
Great, do they force their doctrine way up the asses of every damn citizen?
Hahahahah. Wetin Church dey do for Enugu and Awka. Do you know Ovowranmen and Sultan Attahiru at all?
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by kenoz(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Them no get Imam for kano ?
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Mbediogu(m): 6:19am On Jun 26, 2017
myhotbrain:

Actually, the Queen of England is both the Head of State and Supreme Head of the Church of England. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the Spiritual Head of the Church of England.

The Pope is also the Head of State of the Vatican and the Spiritual Head of the Catholic faith.

The King of Saudi Arabia is the Head of State and the Spiritual Head of all Sunni Muslims faith as well the Custodian of the 2 greatest holiest sites (mosques) in all of the Muslim world whether of Shiite or Sunni followers.

The Sultan of Sokoto is both the Supreme Head of all Fulani clan and Supreme Leader, Spiritual Head of all muslims (Amir ul Islam) in Nigeria.

Ok I now see with you and most commend your gentle manner of correcting and educating others, something that is very rare on Nairaland forum. Cheers.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by elmisti(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2017
furrr:

There is nothing absurd about it if you don't understand something simply ask.....

The reason why there are screened is that the eid prayer unlike normal everyday prayer cannot be held inside a mosque it is an open air prayer service as there is literally millions of people coming from different parts of kano just to attend the eid prayer in this particular emirs prayer ground

The influx of millions people create a problem ..... i.e due to the obvious lack of adequate space people position themselves anywhere they could find, N,E,W,S this makes it hard to locate the imam who leads the prayer and as such people may find it difficult to no the position to face that's why a physically structure is erected to guide the people towards the imam...... hope that's helpful grin

U should be slapped so hard u forget ur name. Can do crowd be as much as that of Saudi or Indonesia. Well I ain't condemning any, if dey like, let den pray in a mansion separately. It's don't cook up excuses for den.
Re: PHOTOS: Emir Sanusi At Eid Prayers by Bimpe29: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
Maimartaba, Sarkin Musulumi may your reign be long and prosperous amin.

Eid Mubarak!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go Now, By Jonathan / China Approves $5b To Support Projects In Nigeria / Obaseki signs ₦128.8 Billion Revised 2020 Budget Into Law

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.