Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya (846 Views)

Akin Alabi Rejects Coat Of Arms Made By An Artist That 'Looks Like Winch' / Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2017
THE IGBO ENTREPRENEUR IN THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OFNIGERIA
Olanrewaju Akinpelu OLUTAYO
 Department of Sociology, Faculty of the Social SciencesUniversity of Ibadan
ABSTRACTCentral to the capitalist orientation introduced to the Third World nationsthrough colonialism is the role of entrepreneurs in development. This group is still perceivedas inevitable if these nations are to develop. In spite of all the attempts to develop date, verylittle is being achieved.While this monograph recognises the importance of entrepreneurs in development, itasserts that these entrepreneurs have always existed in pre-colonial Nigeria but the re-orien-tation brought about through capitalism has fundamentally affected the pre-colonial situation.As such, there is a disjuncture between the latter and the present capitalist expectation.More importantly, the author tries to debunk the position of certain European writers thatcertain ethnic groups are better entrepreneurs than others. Thus, the responsiveness of theIgbo ethnic group of Nigeria to European economic incentives was a result of a certain his-torico-sciological position that this group occupies in Nigeria. It is posited that as the nationapproaches the twenty-

rst-century, one cannot say with certainty that ethnicity should be themain consideration for entrepreneurial ability. It is the political economy of each nationwithin the World Capitalist System that will determine the emergent scenario.
http://www.academia.edu/25356964/The_Igbo_Entrepreneur_in_the_Political_Economy_of_Nigeria

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2017
cc - Lalasticlala
Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2017
More

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 11:38am On Jun 25, 2017
We need to go back to history, very interesting cool cool

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by AshiwajuFoward: 11:38am On Jun 25, 2017
Smh. Here we go again. Must you people always seek validation from Yoruba people?? Odiegwu o.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Smh. Here we go again. Must you people always seek validation from Yoruba people?? Odiegwu o.
Validation from your people Just imagine if it was Igbo man's article I referred you to

I don't blame one of you that said Afonja youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by AshiwajuFoward: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
FKO81:

Validation from your people Just imagine if it was Igbo man's article I referred you to

I don't blame one of you that said Afonja youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

Ouch. cheesy E pain am. Why you dey cry because I pointed out the obvious? cheesy grin I bet your semi-literate behind doesn't even know the meaning of the words you put up there as they aptly describe you and your ilk that are carrying cocaine upandan because una fear to make a honest living, awon ebi Evans. Better go and bow to your lord and saviour Nnamdi Kanu. Odenson.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Entrepreneur In The Political Economy Of Nigeria By Akin Olutoya by FKO81(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Ouch. cheesy E pain am. Why you dey cry because I pointed out the obvious? cheesy grin I bet your semi-literate behind doesn't even know the meaning of the words you put up there as they aptly describe you and your ilk that are carrying cocaine upandan because una fear to make a honest living, awon ebi Evans. Better go and bow to your lord and saviour Nnamdi Kanu. Odenson.
Kid

(1) (Reply)

Time To Restructure Nigeria Has Come, Says IBB Read More At: Http://www.vanguar / VIDEO: If Anambra Vote, I’ll Denounce My Igbo Origin – Us-based Biafran Man / Dogara, Reps Shun Senate’s Battle With Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.