Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? (17869 Views)

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding / 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. / Photographer Blasts Wedding Guest Over His Sitting Position (photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by tollulope080(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
if u don't want too many pple in ur weeding just do it in week days like Tuesday or Wednesday trust me pple won't come who wants to leave his or her job for weeding

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Augustap(f): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nov6:

sure why not
Am also bringing my lady along...
Anytime you'er ready we could fix a proper arrangment but certainly not on this public forum,before dey com kidnap person
Hahahahaha. Pple like Dacovajnr, Lefulefu and Victornezzar go dey track our chat to know wen to kidnap us grin
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nov6(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

Hahahahaha. Pple like Dacovajnr, Lefulefu and Victornezzar go dey track our chat to know wen to kidnap us grin

lolz
so you even know their names
Anyways even ever you are ready find me on fbuk with email-stanstill2whomuluv@yahoo.com, and inbox me...
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by AreaFada2: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Victornezzar:

so because of culture i would start spending all in the name of traditional wedding and both her bride price

Let me also ask you: so because of tradition should you go and be marrying?? Because the reason we marry is because it is the tradition that people marry & have kids. cheesy grin

Who said bride price & traditional marriage are two separate things? It is people who have abused the whole thing. All you need is you, your bride and both families doing it in the bride's family home. With necessary items & procedure needed.

All this one some cultures give a list including 12 Iphone 7, 14 Samsung Galaxy S8, 20 Sony Laptops and so on is just sheer abuse of tradition. When did our ancestors use Iphone 7? cheesy grin grin cheesy

It depends on you and your bride & your bride's family. How reasonable all are.

Take for example: In Benin weddings are very elaborate now. People spend time trying to plan the perfect wedding. In the process of years of delay, sometimes the father of the bride may die. Without bride price paid, the would-be-son-inlaw is not recognised in the funeral. Suddenly they will now do a quick basic wedding as the tradition always meant it to be. I find it ironic that instead of doing a basic wedding and get blessings from the bride's dad when alive, the same is now done when he's dead. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Victornezzar: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

Let me also ask you: so because of tradition should you go and be marrying?? Because the reason we marry is because it is the tradition that people marry & have kids. cheesy grin

Who said bride price & traditional marriage are two separate things? It is people who have abused the whole thing. All you need is you, your bride and both families doing it in the bride's family home. With necessary items & procedure needed.

All this one some cultures give a list including 12 Iphone 7, 14 Samsung Galaxy S8, 20 Sony Laptops and so on is just sheer abuse of tradition. When did our ancestors use Iphone 7? cheesy grin grin cheesy

It depends on you and your bride & your bride's family. How reasonable all are.

Take for example: In Benin weddings are very elaborate now. People spend time trying to plan the perfect wedding. In the process of years of delay, sometimes the father of the bride may die. Without bride price paid, the would-be-son-inlaw is not recognised in the funeral. Suddenly they will now do a quick basic wedding as the tradition always meant it to be. I find it ironic that instead of doing a basic wedding and get blessings from the bride's dad when alive, the same is now done when he's dead. shocked shocked
hmmm
tru talk sha
Wah state re u 4rm

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by AreaFada2: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Victornezzar:

hmmm
tru talk sha
Wah state re u 4rm
Edo
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Victornezzar: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

Edo
nice
i hear say una galz dey fyn sha
but me dey fynd virgin
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by AreaFada2: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Victornezzar:

nice
i hear say una galz dey fyn sha
but me dey fynd virgin
Lol. True. Depends on age. If you both date young in a religious setting, you can have that.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Victornezzar: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol. True. Depends on age. If you both date young in a religious setting, you can have that.
Let's see sha
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by dacovajnr: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

Glad you knw my motive already which is to Kidnap you and do the needful and let you go...
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Victornezzar: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

hmmm will only kidnap u
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Augustap(f): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
lefulefu:

grin grin grin grin grin
Keep shining that teeth until evans comes for you

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Augustap(f): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
Victornezzar:

hmmm will only kidnap u
Why you wan wicked me
dacovajnr:
Glad you knw my motive already which is to Kidnap you and do the needful and let you go...
Trailer fall on you grin
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by dacovajnr: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

Trailer fall on you grin
Dangote truck fall on you angry
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Augustap(f): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
dacovajnr:
Dangote truck fall on you angry
Hahaha...Bros is dt how u use to do... What ever happened to gentlemanliness
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by dacovajnr: 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
Augustap:

Hahaha...Bros is dt how u use to do... What ever happened to gentlemanliness
Dija, would you pray that a trailer fall of me if I were your bf? undecided undecided.. What ever happened to "Gentlemanliness"

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Augustap(f): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
dacovajnr:
Dija, would you pray that a trailer fall of me if I were your bf? undecided undecided.. What ever happened to "Gentlemanliness"
No na...even though you're aren't my bf trailer won't fall on you. grin
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 31, 2017
i've never been a fan of crowds and parties. in fact, i'm incredibly shy and quiet, so a small, peaceful wedding on a quiet beach is my idea of a wedding.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by odaniel1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Jus watching all the ladies here trying to be modest by choosing 'small weddings'....hehe
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by callonme(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
seunny4lif:
I don't really like crowd angry angry
20 people is enough and then straight to Bahamas for honeymoon

Oh my God, I have been keeping this dream, some call it fantasy, for many years. I thought I was the only one until I saw your comment now... I pray it comes to reality... for us... Ambassador Aina Oluwagbenga Emmanuel
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by seunny4lif(m): 12:01am On Aug 01, 2017
grin grin
As in no be small thing
callonme:

Oh my God, I have been keeping this dream, some call it fantasy, for many years. I thought I was the only one until I saw your comment now... I pray it comes to reality... for us... Ambassador Aina Oluwagbenga Emmanuel
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Gebbson007(m): 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
ennyhola:

Brother,people go swear for you!

Your party is incomplete without JOLLOF RICE!!!!..

Lol
D swear cannot work
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by AndriaRich(m): 3:41am On Aug 03, 2017
jacyhelen:

everybody is sounding white.what about your mother and father,who has told your whole community and next about the marriage..wetin u go do
i really wish for that... Too bad i'll never get the chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Hosts Gulder Ultimate Search XI- 2014 / 50-year-old Spinster Weds In Abuja RCCG (photos) / Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.