Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship (1233 Views)

Aroma Ufodike Of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Who Remembers This Man? / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Is Back On Air, Airopay Replaces MTN As Sponsor / Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by talk2saintify(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2017
Popular Nigerian TV show, ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ has gone on a hiatus, for the first time since its inception 13 years ago.

The 13th season of the popular family quiz show ended yesterday, June 25, 2017 and won’t be back until the show gets a new sponsor.

The host, Frank Edoho, took to social media to announce this break and said it is because the show’s sponsor, MTN Nigeria has pulled out.

The show’s management also made a formal announcement on its Twitter page.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by talk2saintify(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by talk2saintify(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by braimeddy: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2017
Eyah! This recession is really affecting everything. Can't wait till 2019 so that we can kick this sicker of a man out of power.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by Dycaptain(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2017
I think the answer is a clan of monkeys
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by kannymoore(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2017
talk2saintify:
Popular Nigerian TV show, ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ has gone on a hiatus, for the first time since its inception 13 years ago.

The 13th season of the popular family quiz show ended yesterday, June 25, 2017 and won’t be back until the show gets a new sponsor.

The host, Frank Edoho, took to social media to announce this break and said it is because the show’s sponsor, MTN Nigeria has pulled out.

The show’s management also made a formal announcement on its Twitter page.

Damn!

I remembered when I was the show as a contestant,

My!
My!!
My!!!

I had so much fun, Frank Edoho literally laughed till tears streamed down his face. Backstage, he told me that mine was the best show he'd even had and had never laughed that much in his life.

Yeah.. in real life, I can be a helluva a character.

I know!

It also made me realise that indeed; "success has many fathers" cos immediately after that show....,

...Agberos who used to camp down my street started hailing me..

"ah!.... De young professor!l"

"Omo aristotool"

"De fine artist... naked painter wa da agba!!!"

"Anything for awon boys na!!!"

Na so I take come turn local celeb oh!

And in a blink of an eye..my N450k finished, *PIOM*
grin grin grin grin grin grin !!!

Those were nice memories, I must confess I almost was tempted to enter for it again but abeg, man's can't be too greedy nah! Besides it's a once in a lifetime thing, so I was told. grin

Really sad that the show's finally come to an end sha.

Oga Frank, no worry, I'll remember to invite you for my solo exhibition and keep one painting for you to remember me by. cool grin

And hey!!! How many nairalanders still remember when Frank Edoho actually logged on to nairaland and had a tete a tete with us folks?

Hehe!

The old nairaland guard of the late "noughties" know themselves!!!

Na that time wey nairaland bin make sense...
When intelligent Gist Dey full threads yakata.

Kai!..how have the mighty fallen!

Too bad. cry cry cry
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by Psittacus(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Eyah... I grew up watching this show.
Only TV show we watch as a family, everyone will be forming efico on top every questions don't know.

I wonder what kids of the next generations will be watching.. BBnaija and their likes abi.

This is a letter to the future... if you are not Born in this generation, I swear you don miss. Quote me next millennia

Frank costume alone is enough to chase sponsors away. Frank Edoho I'm not beefing u.. but those suites are really expensive. lol

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by talk2saintify(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2017
kannymoore:

Damn!

I remembered when I was the show as a contestant,

My!
My!!
My!!!

I had so much fun, Frank Edoho literally laughed till tears streamed down his face. Backstage, he told me that mine was the best show he'd even had and had never laughed that much in his life.

Yeah.. in real life, I can be a helluva a character.

I know!

It also made me realise that indeed; "success has many fathers" cos immediately after that show....,

...Agberos who used to camp down my street started hailing me..

"ah!.... De young professor!l"

"Omo aristotool"

"De fine artist... naked painter wa da agba!!!"

"Anything for awon boys na!!!"

Na so I take come turn local celeb oh!

And in a blink of an eye..my N450k finished, *PIOM*
grin grin grin grin grin grin !!!

Those were nice memories, I must confess I almost was tempted to enter for it again but abeg, man's can't be too greedy nah! Besides it's a once in a lifetime thing, so I was told. grin

Really sad that the show's finally come to an end sha.

Oga Frank, no worry, I'll remember to invite you for my solo exhibition and keep one painting for you to remember me by. cool grin

And hey!!! How many nairalanders still remember when Frank Edoho actually logged on to nairaland and had a tete a tete with us folks?

Hehe!

The old nairaland guard of the late "noughties" know themselves!!!

Na that time wey nairaland bin make sense...
When intelligent Gist Dey full threads yakata.

Kai!..how have the mighty fallen!

Too bad. cry cry cry

for real??

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by eyeview: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2017
APC and Buhari are dealing with every sector of our national life.
Nigerians deserve APC
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by kannymoore(m): 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
talk2saintify:

for real??

Yep!!

For real.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ Ends After 13 Years, Due To Lack Of Sponsorship by tete7000(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
eyeview:
APC and Buhari are dealing with every sector of our national life.
Nigerians deserve APC

That bogus fine seriously affects their business. I know an NGO that has project with MTN foundation, its the same story. They told them to settle the fine, they will need to terminate some of their sponsorship. Its about those in government making money at the expense of the masses. APshit!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Two Fighting / The Briggs Family Emerge Winners Of The Maltina Dance Hall Season 7 / Where Can I Download Desperate House Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.