Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash (3321 Views)

I Have No Hand In Helicopter Crash – Dasuki…commiserates With Azazi, Yakowa Fami / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? / GEJ Mourns Police Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by lakesideng: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
A Nigerian Navy Agusta reconnaissance helicopter marked 06 with three naval officers and one rating on board crashed in the swamps of Mmiri Ochiochi in Obodo Isiokpo in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State yesterday, killing all the people on board.

The helicopter was heading to Lagos from Port Harcourt.The mangled bodies were being pulled out at the crash site opposite Government Secondary School, Isiokpo when THISDAY visited the scene.

Our correspondent who went to the scene of the crash by hiring local wooden boat was prevented by security men who got there earlier from taking photographs. The security men almost created a scene when a native came with a camera and tried to take shots was stopped by a naval personnel wearing JTF jacket.

Local youths who rushed to the scene almost beat up the personnel before the intervention by an army officer restored order.
Eyewitnesses told THISDAY that they noticed the helicopter in an obvious difficulty when one of its doors followed by the propeller started falling off from the sky around 1 pm yesterday.

They said they watched the helicopter going on a free spin before a loud bang followed apparently when it eventually crashed.
As at 4.30 pm when THISDAY left the scene of the crash, another Agusta helicopter, which operated with the crashed one from Air Force Base in Port Harcourt and an Apache helicopter were seen at the field of the Government Secondary School where the recovered bodies were taken to in an ambulance.

Villagers who assisted in the rescue efforts used machete to rip part of the plane apart to pull out the bodies and recover documents and belongings.
Police top hierarchy, government officials and other security outfits thronged the place while the amber uniforms of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) could not be missed at the scene.

Naval Public Relations Officer Edward Yeibo confirmed the crash but would not say where the helicopter was coming from.
Instead, he said naval authorities had sent people to the crash site to get more information.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=165175
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by mdfishers: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2010
Very pathetic! May their souls rest in peace! Only hope they knew Christ.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by walata44(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2010
Am I bothered? No I don't. What about the poor masses that lost their lives on Nigeria road everyday on the death trap called road. They hardly made it to newspapers front page.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by blacksta(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
walata44:

Am I bothered? No I don't. What about the poor masses that lost their lives on Nigeria road everyday on the death trap called road. They hardly made it to newspapers front page.

Yes you have to be bothered whether it life lost on the benin ore road or lost via aircraft crash the fact it smells of incompetence - all could have been prevented.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by slap1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
I just hope they are happy wherever they are. . .
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by BabaIbada: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
This is yet another national disaster. WALATA may not be wrong cos there a very many common nigerians who die untimely on daily basis courtsey of lackadisical attitude of our government. Nigeria is a perfect replica of Hobbesian state of nature where live is brutal, nasty, solitary and short. Rest in peace the departed naval officers and every other nigerian who has lost his soul.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by Amjustme: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
This shld be d first helicopter crash in Nigeria.

Pls if u knw d IGP help us tell him to stop helicopters flying over our heads cos anything can happen to us. GOD knows iv neva trusted those helicopters rite from d first day i saw them flying.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by otawa: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
Am just me:

This shld be d first helicopter crash in Nigeria.

Pls if u knw d IGP help us tell him to stop helicopters flying over our heads cos anything can happen to us. GOD knows iv neva trusted those helicopters rite from d first day i saw them flying.

wrong. many other heli's have crashed in Nigeria.

Accident happens, important is what measures we put in place to minimise future cases.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by vislabraye(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
a pity
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by anishe(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
Very unfortunate. but are we sure there was no foul play somewhere. you never can trust Nigerians.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by ddiamond(f): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
pathetic,

may God have mercy on them and their family,

and save we that remain.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by jumaingirl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2010
May their soul[i][b]s rest in perfect peace.[/b][/i]
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by idifu(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
walata44 is correct
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by Rmc1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
may their souls rest in peace.

meanwhile investigations should be carried out to acertain if the crash was as a result of sabourtage or caused by negligence or lack of maintainace of the aircraft, and those guilty brought to book to avoid future occurence.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by SkySpirit(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
May their sous rest in peace. Amen! All over d world aircrashes always make headlines, d ppl dat died in dat crash r ordinary citizens lik u & i, pursuin their daily bread in a not 2well paid job & sacrificin their lives 4an unappreciatin nation & ppl. Its just quite unfortunate!
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by lakesideng: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2010
walata44:

For Road accident to made it into the headline news then tens or hundreds of peopple have died and possibly it involved petrol tankers or something, u know. Souls perish roads everyday who cares? May Lord help us!!!

Sky Spirit:

May their sous rest in peace. Amen! All over d world aircrashes always make headlines, d ppl dat died in dat crash r ordinary citizens lik u & i, pursuin their daily bread in a not 2well paid job & sacrificin their lives 4an unappreciatin nation & ppl. Its just quite unfortunate!

May their soul rest in perfect peace,
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by oge4real(f): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
Sad. may there souls rest where it belongs. sad sad
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by Profkenny1(m): 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
May God grant them rest.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
May their soul rest in peace, i hope there would be something for their surviving families
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by patbrooks: 2:05am On Jan 28, 2010
@ poster.

They were doing surveliance on the Niger Delta Militants regrouping. soucres from the area say it was shut down by a stinger. They know what happened and know that the inability of other section of Nigeria to respect Niger Deltans for the milk they have always provided to that nation for 50 yrs. Its obvious they feel they are not entitled to rule.

The greatest mistake they will make is for the cabals in the North to kill or over throw the government. That will be the begining of the CIA / Brookings institute prediction. untill the Army Navy and airforce stop the over flights in that area. more will come down.

Those who have ears, let them hear. Infact they may hear. period.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by paddylo1(m): 2:12am On Jan 28, 2010
@ poster.

They were doing surveliance on the Niger Delta Militants regrouping. soucres from the area say it was shut down by a stinger. They know what happened and know that the inability of other section of Nigeria to respect Niger Deltans for the milk they have always provided to that nation for 50 yrs. Its obvious they feel they are not entitled to rule.

The greatest mistake they will make is for the cabals in the North to kill or over throw the government. That will be the begining of the CIA / Brookings institute prediction. untill the Army Navy and airforce stop the over flights in that area. more will come down.

Those who have ears, let them hear. Infact they may hear. period.
it looks like a normal accident to me. . from the crash site
stop trying to claim what u didnt do. .
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by patbrooks: 2:27am On Jan 28, 2010
@paddy_lo

it looks like a normal accident to me. . from the crash site
stop trying to claim what u didnt do. .

====================================================

Do you understand English? I said sources from the area. I never said i did. Retarded fool. You cant contribute to a debate that enhance the unity of that country.

If its looks like an accident, thats okay. afterall you were not there just like me. so we all rely on hear say. No one here is claiming that i did it. '
Take your time ooooo.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by emmytega: 7:22am On Jan 28, 2010
Emmytega.
May their souls rest in peace, and i pray God should their family through.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by emmytega: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2010
Emmytega.
May their souls rest in peace, and i pray God should see their families through.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by agitator: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2010
walata44:

I support you on this one, these are people who are in position to remedy and right the current situations, and yet when they die through their not doing and standing up for the right, peeps will come here feeling sorry for them. If they value human lives then it's not too difficult to do things the right and safe way.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by ocelot2006(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2010
@ walata44, you should be bothered. Those men were not some corrupt politicians but officers & rating of the Nigerian Navy. They put their lives on the line everyday so as to ensure that we all sleep well @ night. And they died on the line of duty, doing a job that I doubt you have the balls to do. Besides, they are fathers, sons, husbands, brothers, & children of someone. So show some bloody respect.

@ blacksta, why don't you wait till the official investigation is published before you accuse the navy air arm of incompetence. Machines will always fail e.g. the crash of the hi-tech airfrance airbus A-330 off the coast of brazil last year, the crash of the brazilian boeing 737-800 NG aircraft in the amazon 2 years ago, etc. Keep in mind that the Augusta 109 recon helicopter is a new generation hi-tech helicopter that can only be flown by competent pilots.

@ poster, an APACHE?! Typical Nigerian journalism with zero research. The Nigerian Airforce uses the Mi-35 attack helicopter, NOT the AH-64 APACHE. We don't have the later in our inventory.

That said, may their gentle souls rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by chelseabmw(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
Amen
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by profb: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
may thier souls rest in peace.  AMEN!!!
Re: Four Naval Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash by MIKKY2: 1:16am On Jan 29, 2010
apache indeed. like someone said if they were not bombing their fellow countrymen i wud av sympathised but they prop up a corrupt regime(karma.nemesis) its only a matter of time although accidents will happen

(1) (Reply)

Senate Wants Speedy Trial For Zakari Biu Over Kabiru Sokoto’s Escape / Henry Abebe, Brother Of Late Former First Lady Stella Obasanjo Is Dead!!! / Jonathan’s Visit To Burkina faso Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.