Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) (11371 Views)

Akpabio Dissociates Self From Allegation Of Bribing Tribunal / Bribing Of Delegates In Full Swing At PDP Convention. $1k And 5k Each / Breaking Ne_ *doctor Bukola Saraki Supports Traditional Rulers With 50m Naira C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by misano(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
fratermathy:
Delta State: the center of corruption in Nigeria! Anyone that tells me a state is more corrupt than Delta will invite my fury. Delta is unbeatable in corruption. Look at traditional rulers collecting wads of hard currency from a politician. These are the people that sell our rights and the voice of Urhobo nation to politicians all because of their greed.

On Uvwiamughe I stand in 2019!

U are right, corruption in Delta state is too glaring. Even D blind can see it.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by BlackBaron: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Pays them 10 million then goes on to appropriate the entire destiny and development of all born and unborn for the next four years.

Potentially 100s of millions swapped for a pittance of 10 million

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by frankwaive: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
jared007:
The same Okpe people that wants to divide the urhobo nation. There's strength in unity. If Okpe breaks away from UPU they would automatically become a minority in Delta Central thereby exposing themselves to marginalisation.

Sadly, UPU has almost become irrelevant, it has no effective structure, too many internal rancors too

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Kirigidi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
jared007:
The same Okpe people that wants to divide the urhobo nation. There's strength in unity. If Okpe breaks away from UPU they would automatically become a minority in Delta Central thereby exposing themselves to marginalisation.
I'm an Okpe man and we are not trying to divide Urhobo. The URHOBO NATION still remain one and united. Any Okpe person having such divisive agenda is a minority voice. Okpe Agbameni! Urhobo o, Ovuovo!! Urhobomena, Ovuovo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by In4matic: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2017
As much as i don't like this set of delta politicians, i would like to clarify some points.
what you see is part of uhrobo tradition. It is considered unusual not to offer 'kola' to a guest except if he is not welcome.

It is highly abnormal, in fact an insult, to present kola nut/drink without putting some money beside the 'kola' to wedge it. Else the kola could 'fall'.

The amount used to wedge the kola, depends on three factors
-the social status of the guest,
- the financial status of the host,
- the occassion.

That being said, you have to be wise in these matters to know just how much is enough; not too little or too extravagant.

Now, the highest social rank in uhrobo land is an 'ovie' (king), and you have several from the different kingdoms, would you say a collective kola of 10 million Naira is extravagant for a legislator/successful business man?

That is left for you the reader to discern.

The oborevworis are a wealthy okpe family who own most of osubi land upon which the airport was built.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by JAWBONE(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
Okowa is really struggling to become the worst governor in the history of Delta state

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Adsen: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Before I start, I want to first of direct the minds of NairaLanders to our rule number 8 which says " Don't post false information on NairaLand. Lies, especially wicked ones like these are what brought us into the present condition as a country.

And if u are a Mumu, you Will just believe and start cursing without asking questions.

All the people who have reacted to this wicked lie like zombies should take a second look at the picture of the money. The money in this picture are in =N= 200 denominations.They are green notes which could equally pass for =N=20 notes. Beside the money on one side is a plate of kolanut and on the other side, a bottle of drink.
How is it possible that this picture which we are all looking at is a picture of =N=10,000.000.00. Haba....

Garnished with the story of senatorial ambition, I know that this is coming from no other side that the people who stole the Delta Central senatorial seat. Knowing that they can't return in any free and fair election in 2019, they want to start by deceiving people again.

NairaLanders ask questions. That visit was part of the peace building process of good governance in a civilised government. Nothing more nothing less.

I was probably sitting close to the reporter on that day. From the position of this shot, the reporter, I am very sure has a video clip of the event which was not in secret. Why did he refuse to upload his video of that event.

Mumu dey kill oooo! Next time make we no dey clap had for craze man. E fit make people think say we sef na craze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Opharhe: 2:32am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Okpe leaders will never allow Okpe nation leave Urhobo, no matter how much their youths shout about it. The leaders are the one benefitting from the confederation.

Secondly; the average Okpe person will run to Urhobo when in trouble and then deny Urhobo when it is all over. Everything that Okpe is today was because of UPU. UPU helped Okpe in the Sapele land case, the position of Okpe as almost number 1 in Urhobo voice, the location of the defunct Urhobo province in Orerokpe, the creation of Okpe and Sapele LGAs, etc.

Many of them have forgotten so soon. Look at the Isokos that broke off now. Is their isolation in Delta South helping them? Okpeland is far more developed than Isokoland. What has their division of Urhobo nation yielded for them?

In any case, Urhobo ovuovo!!! Urhobos know themselves.

CC: Opharhe
Yes o. Urhobos know themselves. Whoever wants to leave the fold or get lost, that's his or her own headache. Na dem go lose.
Thanks Oniovo fratermathy.
Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Henrypraise: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Okpe leaders will never allow Okpe nation leave Urhobo, no matter how much their youths shout about it. The leaders are the one benefitting from the confederation.

Secondly; the average Okpe person will run to Urhobo when in trouble and then deny Urhobo when it is all over. Everything that Okpe is today was because of UPU. UPU helped Okpe in the Sapele land case, the position of Okpe as almost number 1 in Urhobo voice, the location of the defunct Urhobo province in Orerokpe, the creation of Okpe and Sapele LGAs, etc.

Many of them have forgotten so soon. Look at the Isokos that broke off now. Is their isolation in Delta South helping them? Okpeland is far more developed than Isokoland. What has their division of Urhobo nation yielded for them?

can u show me a write up were d orodje of okpe kingdom, or any if the chiefs or govt leader or even any group disassociated d okpe kingdom from d urhobo kingdom.

m here to learn.

n if u no get abeg stop to write non sense...

dem neva give us urhoboria or urhobonistan n mudslinging don start

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Efewestern: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

you should stop taking those nitwits serious. Okpe is going no where, every inch belongs to urhobo, how they intend going their separate ways still baffles me.

Okpe is surrounded by uvwie, Agbon, and ughelli, they are at the center of urhobo .. leave those people yaping rubbish. the orodje can't say such.

Okpe is Urhobo.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by Efewestern: 7:35am On Jun 27, 2017
Kirigidi:

I'm an Okpe man and we are not trying to divide Urhobo. The URHOBO NATION still remain one and united. Any Okpe person having such divisive agenda is a minority voice. Okpe Agbameni! Urhobo o, Ovuovo!! Urhobomena, Ovuovo!!!

Oniovo biko vuer, no need writing long epistle.. Okpe is urhobo.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) by In4matic: 7:48am On Jun 27, 2017
Adsen:

The money in this picture are in =N= 200 denominations.They are green notes which could equally pass for =N=20 notes. Beside the money on one side is a plate of kolanut and on the other side, a bottle of drink.
How is it possible that this picture which we are all looking at is a picture of =N=10,000.000.00. Haba....

Garnished with the story of senatorial ambition, I know that this is coming from no other side that the people who stole the Delta Central senatorial seat. Knowing that they can't return in any free and fair election in 2019, they want to start by deceiving people again.

NairaLanders ask questions. That visit was part of the peace building process of good governance in a civilised government. Nothing more nothing less..

Wow, I just went back to do a close look at the notes and they in fact seem like 200 naira notes.
then that means the kola is not even as high as 10 million as the writer wants us to believe.
please op, since when did house of assembly assume the function of paying workers salaries ?
is it realistic that someone appointed as speaker barely a month ago, is now campaigning for Senate ? not that elections are around the corner? hmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: We Will Fund Budget With N512bn Recovered Loot.. / Justice William Adteze's House Attacked, Escapes Abduction / Ali Chiroma Is Dead! President Tinubu Mourns The Passing Of Former Labour Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.