Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post (1278 Views)

Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Dino Melaye Vs Smart Adeyemi: Results Of Kogi West Senatorial Rerun - Daily Post / IPOB Commences Printing Of 40 Million Ballot Papers For Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by mordsith: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2017
Former national chairman, Traditional Rulers of Oil Producing Communities of Nigeria, TROMPCON, His Majesty, Charles Ayemi-Botu, has said the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo “goofed by harping” on the Nigerian constitution to insist that the country remains an indivisible entity.
Ayemi-Botu, who is a paramount ruler of Siembiri Kingdom, Delta State, made the observation in Warri, when he played host to a delegation of the United States, US, Consulate, led by Paul Hines, Political and Economic Adviser to the Consul General, who visited to find out how Niger Delta communities were fairing under the leadership of Osinbajo.
According to Ayemi-Botu, “Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, harped on the indivisibility of Nigeria and the illegality of any opinion opposed to that based on the constitution.
“Without fear or favour, the Acting President goofed in that thinking. The constitution is dynamic and amenable to change. Buhari came to power promising change, and change we want.
“The 1914 – 2014 treaty of amalgamation of Nigeria by Lord Lugard is gone and expired. Added to the force of the 2014 confab and the glaring inequality among groups where Niger Delta, the goose that lays the golden egg, is perpetual second- class citizens, the indivisibility of Nigeria has become too shaky to tarry.
“Under the circumstance, the peaceful way to go is restructuring and the best tool to achieve that is referendum. That is why we call on the US and the developed West to prevail on Federal Government to allow referendum for people to fairly determine where they want to be.
“Individuals, groups and zones can raise sentiments, but oil, particularly the vast reserves in my Niger Delta, the economic live wire the entire nation survives on is the only unifying factor for sustained unified Nigeria. But for oil which makes up 98 per cent of Nigeria’s GDP, Nigeria would not have been.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/26/osinbajo-goofed-nigeria-remaining-together-niger-delta-monarch-ayemi-botu/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2017
Bayelsan, we are stubborn. Bayelsan are still closing their mouths, the only stubborn people Nigeria has. This news will only have momentum when I true son of bayelsa speaks.
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by patval(f): 11:24am On Jun 26, 2017
This is the best time for traditional rulers to add their voice towards emancipation movements so as to save the future of their subjects from the table of political chess

8 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 26, 2017
Restructure this country or divide it

5 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by elderhimself(m): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Keep asking till you die.....
I'm am sure Sudan also asked USA for referendum when they wanted to divide....

I wonder why sense is becoming so scarce in this 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by felicitywe(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2017
mordsith:
Former national chairman, Traditional Rulers of Oil Producing Communities of Nigeria, TROMPCON, His Majesty, Charles Ayemi-Botu, has said the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo “goofed by harping” on the Nigerian constitution to insist that the country remains an indivisible entity.
Ayemi-Botu, who is a paramount ruler of Siembiri Kingdom, Delta State, made the observation in Warri, when he played host to a delegation of the United States, US, Consulate, led by Paul Hines, Political and Economic Adviser to the Consul General, who visited to find out how Niger Delta communities were fairing under the leadership of Osinbajo.
According to Ayemi-Botu, “Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, harped on the indivisibility of Nigeria and the illegality of any opinion opposed to that based on the constitution.
“Without fear or favour, the Acting President goofed in that thinking. The constitution is dynamic and amenable to change. Buhari came to power promising change, and change we want.
“The 1914 – 2014 treaty of amalgamation of Nigeria by Lord Lugard is gone and expired. Added to the force of the 2014 confab and the glaring inequality among groups where Niger Delta, the goose that lays the golden egg, is perpetual second- class citizens, the indivisibility of Nigeria has become too shaky to tarry.
“Under the circumstance, the peaceful way to go is restructuring and the best tool to achieve that is referendum. That is why we call on the US and the developed West to prevail on Federal Government to allow referendum for people to fairly determine where they want to be.
“Individuals, groups and zones can raise sentiments, but oil, particularly the vast reserves in my Niger Delta, the economic live wire the entire nation survives on is the only unifying factor for sustained unified Nigeria. But for oil which makes up 98 per cent of Nigeria’s GDP, Nigeria would not have been.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/26/osinbajo-goofed-nigeria-remaining-together-niger-delta-monarch-ayemi-botu/
Afonjas will not like this interview.Funny enough Afonjas will create thread claiming to be from Niger delta.Everyone has known them for deception.Make una change ooo.Wetin u no get u no get and wetin u no bi u no bi.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by DamiBukola: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
beamtopola:
Bayelsan, we are stubborn. Bayelsan are still closing their mouths, the only stubborn people Nigeria has. This news will only have momentum when I true son of bayelsa speaks.
Which Bayelsan is stubborn, this is an Ijaw King talking and what makes you feel Bayelsa Ijaws are more stubborn compare to Delta Ijaw.

4 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by yang(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
Well spoken by the King

4 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by yang(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
The zoo must fall

Any Baboon can decide to remain in the zoo like a black man or to determine the future of their children like the scottish referendum or the brexit refrendum

6 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by RobbStark(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
I tot some Igbos said the South is part.of their biafra, why didnt the monarch even give it a mention. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by LMFashions: 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Bad news to some quarters

4 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by LMFashions: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
RobbStark:
I tot some Igbos said the South is part.of their biafra, why didnt the monarch even give it a mention. Yeye dey smell.

You guys are just so mischievous. What has NK been asking for? Is it not for everyone to come together to demand for referendum first to break out of Nigeria and then afterwards those that wants to be on their own can go ahead and those who wants to be with Igbos can move on with them?

The way you guys tell yourselves lies is baffling

10 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by SuperS1Panther: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Your position is wrong. There is no position under the UN Charter and Article that says Amalgamation or Unification scan be dissolved after 100years.

For the proponent of secession and melody singer of self determination of UN Charter, always read Article 6 of UN Charter which has this caveat “Any attempt aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of a country is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations”.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by adetayo234: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
felicitywe:

Afonjas will not like this interview.Funny enough Afonjas will create thread claiming to be from Niger delta.Everyone has known them for deception.Make una change ooo.Wetin u no get u no get and wetin u no bi u no bi.

My crystal ball says you will commit suicide because of your obsession with Afonja matter.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by DamiBukola: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Your position is wrong. There is no position under the UN Charter and Article that says Amalgamation or Unification scan be dissolved after 100years.

For the proponent of secession and melody singer of self determination of UN Charter, always read Article 6 of UN Charter which has this caveat “Any attempt aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of a country is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations”.
Stop misleading your cronies here.

The right to self determination is a fundamental right and the definition you are given never allows a country to keep people in perpetual slavery.

The right of self-determination of peoples is a fundamental principle in international law. It is embodied in the Charter of the United Nations and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. Common Article 1, paragraph 1 of these Covenants provides that:

"All peoples have the rights of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

The right of self-determination has also been recognized in other international and regional human rights instruments such as Part VII of the Helsinki Final Act 1975 and Article 20 of the African Charter of Human and Peoples' Rights as well as the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Territories and Peoples. It has been endorsed by the International Court of Justice. Furthermore, the scope and content of the right of self- determination has been elaborated upon by the United Nations Human Rights Committee and Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination as well as international jurists and human rights experts

8 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by SuperS1Panther: 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
DamiBukola:
Stop misleading your cronies here.

The right to self determination is a fundamental right and the definition you are given never allows a country to keep people in perpetual slavery.

The right of self-determination of peoples is a fundamental principle in international law. It is embodied in the Charter of the United Nations and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. Common Article 1, paragraph 1 of these Covenants provides that:

"All peoples have the rights of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

The right of self-determination has also been recognized in other international and regional human rights instruments such as Part VII of the Helsinki Final Act 1975 and Article 20 of the African Charter of Human and Peoples' Rights as well as the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Territories and Peoples. It has been endorsed by the International Court of Justice. Furthermore, the scope and content of the right of self- determination has been elaborated upon by the United Nations Human Rights Committee and Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination as well as international jurists and human rights experts

Stop being economical with the truth.

Read Article 6 of UN Charter which has this caveat “Any attempt aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of a country is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations”.
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by DamiBukola: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Stop being economical with the truth.

Read Article 6 of UN Charter which has this caveat “Any attempt aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of a country is incompatible with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations”.
Don't read the article you are referring to in isolation, read it along side the Pre-amble and other provisions of the article. Article 6 is there for the right of a country against external interference. Read the mischief the article intends to correct.

Self-determination embodies the right for all peoples to determine their own economic, social and cultural development. Self-determination has thus been defined by the International Court of Justice (in the West-Saharan case) as the need to pay regard to the freely expressed will of peoples.

It is important to stress that for indigenous peoples the term selfdetermination does most often NOT imply secession from the state.

If a small country like Ethiopia inserted it in their Constitution why must Nigeria be 1?

What is your fear?

Today, Kosovo is an independent State so why can't the West stand on their own?

Just answer me why the country must be 1 and who is afraid of everybody going to their separate ways?

6 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2017
DamiBukola:
Don't read the article you are referring to in isolation, read it along side the Pre-amble and other provisions of the article. Article 6 is there for the right of a country against external interference. Read the mischief the article intends to correct.

Self-determination embodies the right for all peoples to determine their own economic, social and cultural development. Self-determination has thus been defined by the International Court of Justice (in the West-Saharan case) as the need to pay regard to the freely expressed will of peoples.

It is important to stress that for indigenous peoples the term selfdetermination does most often NOT imply secession from the state.

If a small country like Ethiopia inserted it in their Constitution why must Nigeria be 1?

What is your fear?

Just answer me why the country must be 1 and who is afraid of everybody going to their separate ways?
Ethiopia isn't a small country(both in territory and population). Ethiopia is larger than Nigeria in terms of territory.
- Ethiopia: 1,105,000 square kilometers
- Nigeria: 924,000 square kilometers

In terms of population, Nigeria is larger than Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia: 102 millions
- Nigeria:192 millions
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by SuperS1Panther: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
DamiBukola:

What is your fear?

Stop behaving life an half baked graduate.

Article 6 was very explicit and it even refers to UN Charter in its caveat.

Self determination is secession. Stop twisting what is not.

For you to secede b ready to carry your AK47 like Eritrea, South Sudan, South Ossetia Abkhazia, Crimea, Serbia, Etc
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by macluvph1(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
This is Just the Beginning of the end of Nijeria. Others can go with restructuring but we IPOB under Nnamdi Kanu Want Biafra through referendum.

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by DamiBukola: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Stop behaving life an half baked graduate.

Article 6 was very explicit and it even refers to UN Charter in its caveat.

Self determination is secession. Stop twisting what is not.

For you to secede b ready to carry your AK47 like Eritrea, South Sudan, South Ossetia Abkhazia, Crimea, Serbia, Etc

This is my problem, I am not an Igbo and I will never be part of Biafra.

On the issue, we were having a good intellectual discourse until you started using vulgar words "half baked graduate".

I mistook you to be a sensible person, I never knew you are an APC apologist; they are fond of hauling abusive words once the discourse is beyond their prowess
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by nototribalist: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
adetayo234:

My big swell rotten balls says you will commit suicide because of your obsession with Afonja matter.
fix!!
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by adetayo234: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
nototribalist:
stupidity runs in my family. My father is nothing other than amenity idiotic dumbass!!
Re: Prominent Ijaw Monarch Asks USA For Referendum; Amalgamation Expired- Daily Post by brainbox80: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
DamiBukola:
This is my problem, I am not an Igbo and I will never be part of Biafra.

On the issue, we were having a good intellectual discourse until you started using vulgar words "half baked graduate".

I mistook you to be a sensible person, I never knew you are an APC apologist; they are fond of hauling abusive words once the discourse is beyond their prowess
. Ur argument is lucid enough for any right thinking mind to comprehend. Like u said, only APC apologists will frown at such true, as glaring as it is.

(1) (Reply)

Let Buhari Come Back..enough Of This Drama. / Rocha's Okorocha Reactions To Atiku Resignation From APC Pics / SERAP, Ezekwesili, Others React To Buhari’s Controversial Board Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.