Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time (6656 Views)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / Christians, Lets Say We Take Your Childish Stories Seriously.. / Mazaje & Co Lets Discuss The Origin Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

There is nothing here either that says that we ought to give with expectation of receiving back. Let me break down the scriptures that you have quoted one by one.

This passage is about faith and not about giving, whether to the pastor or to anyone for that matter. Maybe it is the reward part that is confusing you. It means that if you diligently seek him then you'll find him, and finding him is the reward.

There is nothing here either about giving, to pastor or to anyone for that matter. The end result for which Jesus endured the cross is the 'joy that was set in front of him'. Nothing about giving anyone money or receiving any money back in return.

The plowing that he is talking about here is the ministry that he did amongst the corinthians. Paul didn't give them any money in the hope that he would receive money from them.

You are misunderstanding me. You have an idea that it is wrong to sow and expect a harvest or to do a giving motivated by harvest. I am trying to let you know it is perfectly right to sow and expect a harvest , based on principles of faith . Jesus was motivated by the harvest. I wasnt just talking about money but dealing with the wrong idea of not having expectation . So the scriptures were to show you from different aspec that there must be expectation in any deed of faith not about giving to pastor.

But concerning giving to pastor, Paul also talked about it here.

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2010
@pastor AIO

I just re read your sermon, I missed out some things initially. I agree with your poin that we should not give for selfish reasons and God is concerned about our motives and attitudes in giving. Infact ,Jesus major war with the pharisees was in their motives, they give openly so as to recieve prases of men. Jesus was not against giving openly but the motive of selfishness of recieving praises of men. We should give out of love , But that does not negate the expectation that God has promised. There are times the thought giving may not be sweet maybe there are certain challenges, but The way out is to give. You do it any how, and the miracle takes place.
There is cheerful giving , But there are times the giving may not be cheerful, but driving by faith and love and the glory of the harvest.

Psalm 126:5-6
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. [6] He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Abraham killing his son Isaac ,Was is Cheerful?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2010
Daily Manna

Your Widow's Mite.
Thursday, February 11, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 21:1-4

"For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had" (Luke 21:4).

Giving, as part of Christian worship is something that attracts the attention of heaven.   We need to realise that God knows who we are and our financial capability.  Christ does not only notice our attitude in worship, He also observes our giving in worship.

People generally feel that what they give is their own decision and should not be controlled by any principle.  Most often, they tend to give out of the abundance or left over of what they have.  But the example of the principal character in the passage is very challenging.

In the short narrative we are studying today, the Lord gives us answer to whatever questions we have on our minds concerning giving.  As He observed how people gave, He compared what they gave with what they had.  He commended the poor widow for casting into the treasury all that she had.  He saw her sacrificial, selfless, and sincere giving in the gift.  While the rich merely gave from the abundance of what they had, the widow gave all that she had.

Our service to God will not be complete if we withhold our "mites". There are many needs in the house of the Lord that demands financial attention; we must therefore, endeavour to cast in our mites whenever we go to the house of God to worship.       

The question of not having enough to give does not arise from a true heart of charity.  It’s only when we give from a sacrificial and loving heart that we receive heaven’s commendation and compensation.

Though for today: He gave His all for thee, what hast thou given Him?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by ogajim(m): 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2010

MY HEART AND SOUL + LOVE FOR ALL HIS CHILDREN.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by Zikkyy(m): 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2010
ogajim:

Nice wink
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by PastorAIO: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
Joagbaje:

@pastor AIO

I just re read your sermon, I missed out some things initially. I agree with your poin that we should not give for selfish reasons and God is concerned about our motives and attitudes in giving. Infact ,Jesus major war with the pharisees was in their motives, they give openly so as to recieve prases of men. Jesus was not against giving openly but the motive of selfishness of recieving praises of men. We should give out of love , But that does not negate the expectation that God has promised. There are times the thought giving may not be sweet maybe there are certain challenges, but The way out is to give. You do it any how, and the miracle takes place.
There is cheerful giving , But there are times the giving may not be cheerful, but driving by faith and love and the glory of the harvest.

Psalm 126:5-6
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. [6] He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Abraham killing his son Isaac ,Was is Cheerful?

Sir, it is not the sowing that was making those people sad. They were sowing during a time of sadness. By the time the harvest comes around and they have to reap they will be in a time of joy. Again, he that weepeth is not weeping because he is bearing precious seed. There are times for weeping and times for rejoicing. Times for sowing and times for reaping. opposing conditions follow one upon another.

Abraham did not kill his son Isaac, yet he possibly led him up to the hilltop with a heavy heart. I don't think he was expecting a reward for it. He was just following God's instructions.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by ogajim(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2010
Kunle, Zikky,

Haven't you noticed that JoAgbaje has moved on? He seems to be here on a "mission" because the very moment you start to expose him and his Church on any thread, they simply move on and create a new one.

Na God go save us from fake preachers ooooo. smiley
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10am On Feb 12, 2010
ogajim:

[16] Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. [17] But whoso has this world's good, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? [18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. -- 1 John 3:16-18

This is the acid test of our love for all His children.  Putting our money where our mouth is.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by KunleOshob(m): 8:49am On Feb 12, 2010
ogajim:

Kunle, Zikky,

Haven't you noticed that JoAgbaje has moved on? He seems to be here on a "mission" because the very moment you start to expose him and his Church on any thread, they simply move on and create a new one.

Na God go save us from fake preachers ooooo. smiley

I believe joagbaje has toned down on his prosperity garb a bit since he joined this forum. God is touching his heart and slowly revealing the truth to him. It is just a matter of time he would soon denounce the false gospel. I only hope he would be able to look his boss in the face and tell him he has been leading them astray and taking advantage of their human greeds.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by PastorAIO: 9:04am On Feb 12, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

[16] Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.  [17] But whoso has this world's good,and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? [18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. -- 1 John 3:16-18

This is the acid test of our love for all His children.  Putting our money where our mouth is.

In love, let us help our brothers that have need o.  And not some pastors that have an unconsuming greed.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by KunleOshob(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

[16] Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. [17] But whoso has this world's good, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? [18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. -- 1 John 3:16-18

This is the acid test of our love for all His children. Putting our money where our mouth is.

Olaadegbu i am really dissapointed in the point you are trying to pass across in the above highlighted, i actually assumed that you were a much more sincere christian than this[ a bit mis-guided perhaps] but i didn't expect this outright contrieved falsehood from you. If it was the likes of Tonye-t or Joagbaje i would not have been suprised as they are the ones known on this forum to willfully twist scripture for filthy gain. In your case i always assumed you were just misguided. The only way Jesus recommend we give to him in the bible is in matthew 25:31-40, any other recommandation is the doctrine of men. Giving to our pastors or to the church is not giving to Jesus cause he never asked us to do ss besides the bible makes it clear that God as no needs human hands can meet so please lets stop twisting scripture to prove vacant assertions.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by nuella2(f): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Olaadegbu i am really dissapointed in the point you are trying to pass across in the above highlighted, i actually assumed that you were a much more sincere christian than this[ a bit mis-guided perhaps] but i didn't expect this outright contrieved falsehood from you. If it was the likes of Tonye-t or Joagbaje i would not have been suprised as they are the ones known on this forum to willfully twist scripture for filthy gain. In your case i always assumed you were just misguided. The only way Jesus recommend we give to him in the bible is in matthew 25:31-40, any other recommandation is the doctrine of men. Giving to our pastors[/color] or to the church is not giving to Jesus cause he never asked us to do ss besides the bible makes it clear that God as no needs human hands can meet so please lets stop twisting scripture to prove vacant assertions.
Didnt people give to Paul did he reject the gifts?
Philip. 4:15
    Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me[color=#990000] as concerning[b] giving[/b][/color] and receiving, but ye only.
Romans 15:27
    It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty[color=#990000]
is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

1 Cor. 9:11
    If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

I remember people gave to Jesus, so why is it wrong to give to pastors today? Afterall its our benefit.
[Not because I desire a gift:  but I desire fruit that may abound to your account[color=#990000][/color]] I do not say this to get a further gift from you, but to state facts, wanting you to bear fruit to be put to your account and rewarded in the day of Christ.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 11:10am On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Olaadegbu i am really dissapointed in the point you are trying to pass across in the above highlighted, i actually assumed that you were a much more sincere christian than this[ a bit mis-guided perhaps] but i didn't expect this outright contrieved falsehood from you. If it was the likes of Tonye-t or Joagbaje i would not have been suprised as they are the ones known on this forum to willfully twist scripture for filthy gain. In your case i always assumed you were just misguided. The only way Jesus recommend we give to him in the bible is in matthew 25:31-40, any other recommandation is the doctrine of men. Giving to our pastors or to the church is not giving to Jesus cause he never asked us to do ss besides the bible makes it clear that God as no needs human hands can meet so please lets stop twisting scripture to prove vacant assertions.

What has OLAADEGBU said there that has warranted all these derision from you?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by Joagbaje(m): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

I believe joagbaje has toned down on his prosperity garb a bit since he joined this forum. God is touching his heart and slowly revealing the truth to him. It is just a matter of time he would soon denounce the false gospel. I only hope he would be able to look his boss in the face and tell him he has been leading them astray and taking advantage of their human greeds.

1 Cor. 9:25
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible

To be temprate talks about sellf dicipline, If a natural man can discipline himself to stay on track how much more a christian . practice focus on the thread, I know you are only manifesting whats inside, but try hold youself for the thread sake.

James 1:8
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Little children are you stillon ths level?
A christian is supposed the be an example of self discipline,
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by KunleOshob(m): 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2010
nuella2:

Didnt people give to Paul did he reject the gifts?
Philip. 4:15
Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me[/color] as concerning[b] giving[/b][color=#990000] and receiving, but ye only.
Romans 15:27
It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty[/color] is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

1 Cor. 9:11
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

I remember people gave to Jesus, so why is it wrong to give to pastors today? Afterall its our benefit.
[Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account[color=#990000]
] I do not say this to get a further gift from you, but to state facts, wanting you to bear fruit to be put to your account and rewarded in the day of Christ.

None of the scriptures you quoted above implies that giving to pastors = giving to Jesus. Even though i have not said we should not give to pastors but the focus of our christian giving should be to those genuinely in need, be it pastor or any body else. It's okay if you give to your pastor to show appreciation but don't mistake that as christian giving or giving to christ.

viaro:

What has OLAADEGBU said there that has warranted all these derision from you?

He tried to imply you can give to Jesus by giving to the church/pastor by twisting scriptures which say something entirely different.

Joagbaje:

1 Cor. 9:25
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible

To be temprate talks about sellf dicipline, If a natural man can discipline himself to stay on track how much more a christian . practice focus on the thread, I know you are only manifesting whats inside, but try hold youself for the thread sake.

James 1:8
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Little children are you stillon ths level?
A christian is supposed the be an example of self discipline,

Pastor, i would continue to remember you in my prayers and pray for the redemption of your soul so that you would truely get to know and experience Jesus. I also pray you don't continue to lead those who genuinely seek God away through your poisnous version of the gospel. I had thought you would learn a thing from the article on top of this page but apparently your heart is hardened like that of pharaoh. I hope you don't let it lead you to destruction.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

He tried to imply you can give to Jesus by giving to the church/pastor by twisting scriptures which say something entirely different.

How did he do so in the post which you quoted from him? He only posted the verses and made just on line of statement: 'This is the acid test of our love for all His children. Putting our money where our mouth is.' How does that qualify him for the derision you poured out upon him?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by nuella2(f): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2010
None of the scriptures you quoted above implies that giving to pastors = giving to Jesus. Even though i have not said we should not give to pastors but the focus of our christian giving should be to those genuinely in need, be it pastor or any body else. It's okay if you give to your pastor to show appreciation but don't mistake that as christian giving or giving to christ.

Matthew 25:36
   Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 25:43
   I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Anything you give to a follower of christ, you have given to christ.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

It's okay if you give to your pastor to show appreciation but don't mistake that as christian giving or giving to christ.

Why is giving to one's pastor different from 'Christian giving' or 'giving to Christ'?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by Joagbaje(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Pastor, i would continue to remember you in my prayers and pray for the redemption of your soul so that you would truely get to know and experience Jesus. I also pray you don't continue to lead those who genuinely seek God away through your poisnous version of the gospel. I had thought you would learn a thing from the article on top of this page but apparently your heart is hardened like that of pharaoh. I hope you don't let it lead you to destruction.

How can a spiritual vagabond pray, if God didnt hear sons of Sceva how will he hear you. If you know Christ ,you will love the church he laboured for and not be destroying, Mr freelance christian.

2 Peter 2:10
selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

KunleOshob:

You just put the "foot in the mouth" by the verses you quoted in the post highlighted above.

[34] Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] For I was an hungered, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: [36] unclothed, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.  [37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see you you an hungered, and fed you? or thirsty, and gave you drink?  [38] When did we see you a stranger, and took you in? or unclothed, and clothed you?  [39] Or when did we see you sick, or in prison, and came to you? [40] And the King shall answer and say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me. -- Matthew 25:34-40

As viaro and nuella2 have rightly pointed out, can you now see the correlation between what Jesus said in verse 40 and Christian giving?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by KunleOshob(m): 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
nuella2:

Matthew 25:36
unclothed, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 25:43
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: unclothed, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Anything you give to a follower of christ, you have given to christ.

Again you try to quote that scripture out of context, Jesus was preaching giving to the poor and the needy in that passage and not giving to his followers, so please don't twist it.

@Joagbaje
Your case is not beyond prayers.

OLAADEGBU:

You just put the "foot in the mouth" by the verses you quoted in the post highlighted above.

[34] Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] For I was an hungered, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: [36] unclothed, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see you you an hungered, and fed you? or thirsty, and gave you drink? [38] When did we see you a stranger, and took you in? or unclothed, and clothed you? [39] Or when did we see you sick, or in prison, and came to you? [40] And the King shall answer and say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me. -- Matthew 25:34-40

As viaro and nuella2 have rightly pointed out, can you now see the correlation between what Jesus said in verse 40 and Christian giving?

Bros stp trying to be dis-honest you know as much as i know that the above passage as absolutely nothing to do with giving to pastors or even christians, it was to do with giving to the poor and the needy which is what true christian giving is all about

viaro:

Why is giving to one's pastor different from 'Christian giving' or 'giving to Christ'?

Even thoug there are examples of people giving to the apostles in the new testament, it was never taught as christian giving. Christian giving should be what we were taught or instructed to do NOT every example of giving we fing in the bible. Giving to a pastor who is not in need is certainly not christian giving but giving to a person out of appreciation or delusion.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by nuella2(f): 1:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
Again you try to quote that scripture out of context, Jesus was preaching giving to the poor and the needy in that passage and not giving to his followers, so please don't twist it.
KunleOshob:

Again you try to quote that scripture out of context, Jesus was preaching giving to the poor and the needy in that passage and not giving to his followers, so please don't twist

Bros stp trying to be dis-honest you know as much as i know that the above passage as absolutely nothing to do with giving to pastors or even christians, it was to do with giving to the poor and the needy which is what true christian giving is all about

Even thoug there are examples of people giving to the apostles in the new testament, it was never taught as christian giving. Christian giving should be what we were taught or instructed to do NOT every example of giving we fing in the bible. Giving to a pastor who is not in need is certainly not christian giving but giving to a person out of appreciation or delusion.
Pls give me a verse that explains christian givings. Is a pastor not a christian? Are they not part of the body of christ? Weda i christian is needy or not, when you give you have done it to christ. You dont wait until someone is needy before you give.
Luke 6:38
    Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by KunleOshob(m): 2:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
nuella2:

Pls give me a verse that explains christian givings. Is a pastor not a christian? Are they not part of the body of christ? Weda i christian is needy or not, when you give you have done it to christ. You dont wait until someone is needy before you give.
Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Christian giving is strictly giving to meet the needs of those in need be it , christian, pastor, muslim or pagan. As long as they are need it is our christian obligation to help. I am sure TB. Joshua would not be asking if the people he is helping in Haiti are christians before he assists them and God would still bless him for it. If you really want to know what christian giving as taught by christ is go and read matthew 25:31-40 agian in it's proper context without forcing the pre-conceived notions you have been poisoned with into it but try and receive what christ is really trying to say there.

Even the early church collections was for the poor and needy contrary to what pastors practise today claiming church collections is for "running the church" which effectively means it is for the pastor especially in one man pentecostal churches were there is no accountablity. Another typical example of christian giving [even in church] is posted below:

Acts 4:32-35:
32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.

Acts 2:44-46:
44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity

How many churches follow the examples set by the original church established by the direct apsotles of christ himself before the tainted version of christianity most churches are practising today.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by nuella2(f): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Christian giving is strictly giving to meet the needs of those in need be it , christian, pastor, muslim or pagan. As long as they are need it is our christian obligation to help. I am sure TB. Joshua would not be asking if the people he is helping in Haiti are christians before he assists them and God would still bless him for it. If you really want to know what christian giving as taught by christ is go and read matthew 25:31-40 agian in it's proper context without forcing the pre-conceived notions you have been poisoned with into it but try and receive what christ is really trying to say there.

Even the early church collections was for the poor and needy contrary to what pastors practise today claiming church collections is for "running the church" which effectively means it is for the pastor especially in one man pentecostal churches were there is no accountablity. Another typical example of christian giving [even in church] is posted below:

Acts 4:32-35:
32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.

Acts 2:44-46:
44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity

How many churches follow the examples set by the original church established by the direct apsotles of christ himself before the tainted version of christianity most churches are practising today.
[/color]
I never said we should not give to the poor. My point remains that when you give to the poor, needy, to pastor, brethren you have done it to christ. so ALL givings in the bible are christian givings. I dont think all collections were for the poor and needy, so the running of the church is for who? And the workers in the lords vineyard should be begging?
1 Cor. 9:13
    [color=#990000]Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
KunleOshob:

Excuse me, do the verses cited by OLAADEGBU teach that we should not give to 'even Christians'?? I think you're desperate to force your anti-Christian giving upon others and that's why you're missing the whole point. What did Christ mean by "my brethren" in verse 40 - are they not Christians as well?

KunleOshob:
viaro: Why is giving to one's pastor different from 'Christian giving' or 'giving to Christ'?

Even thoug there are examples of people giving to the apostles in the new testament, it was never taught as christian giving.

Please tell me why giving to apostles is NOT 'Christian giving'. If it is not Christian giving, what is it - pagan giving? Please tell me why that example is NOT 'Christian giving'.

KunleOshob:
Christian giving should be what we were taught or instructed to do NOT every example of giving we fing in the bible.

Is giving to Christian leaders and teachers NOT part of what we as Christians are taught in the New Testament?? If not, WHY?

KunleOshob:
Giving to a pastor who is not in need is certainly not christian giving but giving to a person out of appreciation or delusion.

Why is giving to a pastor who is not in need certainly NOT Christian giving? Please tell me how that turns out to be an anti-Christian thing.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2010
If anything at all, I want a sensible answer to this one:

KunleOshob:
viaro: Why is giving to one's pastor different from 'Christian giving' or 'giving to Christ'?

Even thoug there are examples of people giving to the apostles in the new testament, it was never taught as christian giving.

(a) Please tell my why giving to apostles is NOT 'Christian giving'.

(b) If it is not Christian giving, [size=14pt]what is it - pagan giving?[/size]

You must have a descriptive term for it - it is either 'Christian giving' or it is not, in which case it would be an anti-Christian giving, so please let us know what you want to call it.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by DeepSight(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
Viaro/ Nuella -

What do you make of these -

1. Multi-Millionaire Christians who give gifts of luxury M. Benzs and BMWs to Pastors who already own a dizzying number of cars

2. Multi-Millionaire christians who purchase private jets as gifts for Pastors.

Might i just add that the above are not hypothetical but real-life events that have happened and continue to happen in Nigeria.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

Viaro/ Nuella -

What do you make of these -

1. Multi-Millionaire Christians who give gifts of luxury M. Benzs and BMWs to Pastors who already own a dizzying number of cars

2. Multi-Millionaire christians who purchase private jets as gifts for Pastors.

Might i just add that the above are not hypothetical but real-life events that have happened and continue to happen in Nigeria.

Thanks in advance.

I will tell you what they are after KunleOshob has given answers to my questions.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by DeepSight(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^^ Please indulge me: my queries needn't be tied to his.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Please indulge me: my queries needn't be tied to his.

I would only indulge you if you allow a smooth flow in my queries to KunleOshob. If you don't want your queries to be tied to anything, it is all the more reason why I don't want any deflections or distractions from the very issues I have presented to KunleOshob.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by DeepSight(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2010
i thought so. escapist.
Re: Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time by viaro: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^ My discussions here are not grounds for you DeepSight to return from your self-exile accusing me of anything. I won't put up with such nonsense - not before, not now, not sometime in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof / Same Religion, Same God, Same Aim..reduce The Infidèles. / What It Truly Means To Be Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.