Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB (19793 Views)

Atiku Lauds Nigerians, Says Collated Results Show He’s Leading / MC Oluomo: APC Explains Why NURTW Boss Was Stabbed At Campaign Rally / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by buchilino(m): 9:36am On Jun 28, 2017
PERSONALLY, RESTRUCTURING ISN'T D SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS, D PROBLEMS R BAD LEADERSHIP N INJUSTICE. ONCE INJUSTICE IS REMOVED FROM D SYSTEM, PPLE WILL FEEL PROUD TO CALL DEMS NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by felixomor: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2017
One of The first things on APC manifesto was to restructure Nigeria.
They better keep these stories to themselves.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by magoo10(m): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2017
According to him: “My own take is that every government has its own priority and you will agree with me that if you have to deal with the issue of Boko Haram or you need to deal with the issue of the economy that has gone intorecession and all that, you have to get your priorities right. I don’t think it wouldbe a wise move to add the challenges ofrestructuring if you have not dealt with the problems that affect the average Nigerian.

the same boko haram this govt gave life line to is used as excuse against restructuring?
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Alanzazani: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2017
Something is fundamentally wrong with the leaders of this country. Nigeria was a prosperous nation before and shortly after independence. The system of regional government brought out the best potentials of the various regions.

This unitary fo of government is not working because the political elite are reckless and greedy. We shouldn't be afraid to talk and fashion out a better system of governance. Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder but pretending like everything is ok
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by malware: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2017
Restructuring is not our problem, Ghana operates a unitary Presidential Democracy and yet they are more successful than us.... Our problem in this country is bad leadership and greed.

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by agitator: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2017
Mediator97:
Everyone is just busy playing his own mind games.
With that statement, it means that this country can never be restructured.
How can they say that the problem of insecurity and recession is what they will solve first before talking of restructuring?
Even, there is no standing plan on how to solve those stated problems.
So oga, why lie even to yourself?
This country can never solve the problem of insecurity or recession unless a total different method is adopted.
Restructuring or this country will just remain a shadow of itself.

Which recession again? another one, because kemi said 9ja is out of recession. grin grin grin
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by watchindelta(m): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2017
fk country
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2017
buchilino:
PERSONALLY, RESTRUCTURING ISN'T D SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS, D PROBLEMS R BAD LEADERSHIP N INJUSTICE. ONCE INJUSTICE IS REMOVED FROM D SYSTEM, PPLE WILL FEEL PROUD TO CALL DEMS NIGERIANS.

...but how can bad leadership and injustice can be removed?when the cabals who benefit from the current structure are in charge of every sphere of govt?if the country is restructured in a such a way that nigerians would hold their ward councillors and lg chairmen accountable for things like education, healthcare, power, security while the fg sets the standards and state gov ensure they are followed do you think things would remain the same?

Paperwhite:
[/b]"The All progressives Congress (APC) has adduced the need to fix the nagging problems of insecurity and the recession as reasons for the delay in restructuring the country as outlined in the party’s manifesto."[b] Stupid shameless idiots-always having one silly excuse or the other to give for their ineptitude.Restructuring was a core part of the APC's manifesto or they have denied that promise too

as if the issues started today, they had no plans when they were making campaign promises like every other party.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2017
But restructuring is not a nice to have fancy word

Restructuring is central to us being able to shape our economic future and secure long term jobs

The argument by Mobolaji exposes the shortsightedness of the APC
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Kingbuhari(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2017
will this stop rented village yellowbar demons from licking their paid master's ass come 2019

1 Like

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by hebenezher(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2017
Oh laws! what does atiku wants again? we thank him for all the loots and stealings he has made, during his time in office. plz leave us alone and die...

we are tired of these heartless old fools playing hide and seek everywhere. you've been exposed, enough is enough. hypocrite at the highest level.

1 Like

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by sapientia(m): 10:02am On Jun 28, 2017
lol... APC just told us to forget restructuring.. Cos am sure those listed issues are rocket science to them..
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Princesaha: 10:04am On Jun 28, 2017
Pacotdc (Op) my "mannest man". So you don finally join Nairaland. Better wear your seat belt oo cos here is nothing but survival of the fittest. We skin, dry and decimate any afonja Muslim and their gambari jihadists that tries any rubbish with us. In other words, na we get here. We will soon change the name to Biafraland. Yea, you heard me right, just that we still wanna allow the temporary owner to flex his muscle small for the mean time. How biz nah? E don tey oo. Anyway, na your paddy and former "rommie" Baba Saha de yarn.

1 Like

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by dragon2(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2017
The APC loud piece doesn't seem to understand that the insecurity and unemployment problems facing the country occur EXACTLY because the county hasn't been restructured to be a competitive meritocratic environment.This entity called Nigeria is just a demarcated territory,it's not a country talk-less a nation.Heck, I dare say, we are an oil company with the president as. CEO, House members as board of directors, Governors as share holders and populace as workers.This oil company called Nigeria still needs foreigners as 'foreign technical partners' that is how low we have gone.We won't be a country until each region can determine its future,we won't be a nation until each individual can work his future free of overbearing government interference.Then only then can we agree on one.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Donwilly20(m): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2017
Well all I could tell is the elite are trembling n there is fear because NK has wake the youth from sleep so is clear now who are the parasites
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by kikake: 10:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Pacotdc:
Group kicks, says talks deceptive, hypocritical

The All progressives Congress (APC) has adduced the need to fix the nagging problems of insecurity and the recession as reasons for the delay in restructuring the country as outlined in the party’s manifesto.

APC’s National Publicity Secretary, Malam Bolaji Abdullahi, yesterday in a chat with The Guardian, faulted claims that the party was playing politics with the issue, said the issue of restructuring the country may not be placed on the front burner before 2019.

According to him: “My own take is that every government has its own priority and you will agree with me that if you have to deal with the issue of Boko Haram or you need to deal with the issue of the economy that has gone into recession and all that, you have to get your priorities right. I don’t think it would be a wise move to add the challenges of restructuring if you have not dealt with the problems that affect the average Nigerian.

“So when people are hungry, when people are losing jobs, when people’s salaries are not being paid I think any responsible government would consider this to be a priority even while it still believes in the restructuring of the country.

“The issue of restructuring is never a gimmick. It is in the manifesto of our party. How can that be a gimmick? That is why I said that the fact that it has not been done does not mean that it would not be done.’’

Meanwhile, former Vice President and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku Abubakar, has lauded former military president Ibrahim Babangida for throwing his weight behind calls for the restructuring of Nigeria.

In a statement yesterday, he also commended the recent resolution of the APC Progressive Governors Forum and several well-meaning Nigerians who stressed the need to restructure and entrench true federalism in the polity.

Saying that the issue transcends religion and ethnicity, he noted that the convergence of positions by leaders and stakeholders from diverse regions of the country on the issue speak volume of the need to ensure good governance in the polity.

He explained that the agitations for secession would not have arisen if the country had shown sincere readiness to address the underlying problems that feed the agitations by separatist forces.

However, the national chairman of the Labour Party (LP), Alhaji Abdulsalam Abdulkadir, believes that those at the forefront of the calls to restructure the country were using it to score political goals.

Blaming the ruling elites for using the agenda to hoodwink the gullible populace to further their selfish desires, he challenged restructuring proponents to come out with a blueprint on how to achieve the goal.

If you look at the issue of fiscal federalism, are we going back to the old three of four regions or are we going to use the present six geo-political zones to achieve it? If we are to use the present six geo-political zone, take one of the zones for instance, which of the states of any of the zones would agree to merge with one another.

Also, the United Action for Democracy (UAD), a non-governmental and human rights group has kicked against the notion to restructure Nigeria as agitated for by some citizens of the country.

UAD yesterday at a press conference, moved against the pro-separatist agitation of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the purportedly quit notice by the northern youths.

According to the convener of the group, Gabriel Ojumah, “Nigeria has moved from regional government to federal system of government yet things are not working right: what we need is not a geo-political restructuring but a change in the ruling class of the country.”

Ojumah reiterated that, “should Nigeria divide today, the known cabals in the leadership of the country will continue ruling in the various parts of the country hence we still come back to square one.” He added that the masses should be united in the front to change the current social order and exploitative ruling class in the country.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/apc-explains-delay-in-restructuring-nigeria-as-atiku-lauds-ibb/

But the issues of Boko Haram and Economic Recession should have hastened the political restructuring of Nigeria, instead of delaying it.

APC, this is another BUNKUM from you.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by kikake: 10:36am On Jun 28, 2017
krendo:
But restructuring is not a nice to have fancy word

Restructuring is central to us being able to shape our economic future and secure long term jobs

The argument by Mobolaji exposes the shortsightedness of the APC

Time to ask Gov. Wike of Rivers State, how market, as you are reading APC junk reasons why political restructuring can't be done now -and most probably in the nearest future?

Self interest led former so-called leaders of the non-Igbo in the SS to beg Gowon to restructure Nigeria as they begged him to carve out non-Igbo areas from Biafra.

After creating Cross Rivers and Rivers states to scuttle Biafra, northern people seized the oil blocks in the Niger delta, the environment of the Niger delta devastated.

1 Like

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by newslifeop: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2017
Stories
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Mbediogu(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2017
From the right up, I observe that-
1. Restructuring is not A PC priority though the party realises the importance to citizens.
2. APC plans to ride on Restructuring come 2019.
3. Even the Boko Haram, unemployment and hunger which A PC claims to 've the reasons for delay in restructuring have not been addressed to 25percent.
NIGERIANS SHINE YOUR EYES. NEXT ELECTION IS NEAR.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by positivetaught: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2017
APC must be thinking that everyone else is a fool except themselves for them to be dishing out this kind of blatant lies n after thoughts, even the devil knows the core north is vehemently opposed to real n total restructuring of the country, but now that the APC have inadvertently admitted to technically supporting restructuring, like I have always said, let all the agitators forged a common front guided by sound logical reasoning n presentations,grab APC n the core north by the balls,they will have no choice but to accept the popular demand thus setting the stage for the final corrections of the nations numerous ills towards a well deserved peace n prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
“The issue of restructuring is never a gimmick. It is in the manifesto of our party. How can that be a gimmick?

Na today??
#5,000 no dey una manifesto?
Ending BH in 2 months nor dey
Feeding of school shildren nko angry
Una don carry enter 18 again!!!

Kwantinuu, na una go still refute this one.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by burkingx(f): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin

Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by vicadex07(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
How can we be united whn you are all here insulting afonja all day.
Kathmandu:
APC can blaze out with their Lies.

The North is not ready for restructuring and the South is not united to push it forward
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
vicadex07:
How can we be united whn you are all here insulting afonja all day.
I've never insulted any tribe here
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by bigtt76(f): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
Confused people! I thought National sovereign conference was what they wanted now it is restructuring isssorite
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by ChimaAdeoye: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
They can delay until the year 2050.
Our people wont be part of their delay tactics.
They can very well come and fight us over our fundamental human rights to choose where to belong.

We will gladly take of Fulani in warfare anytime or anyday.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by GuidoVanRossum: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Is restructuring not supposed to be one of the policies that help solve the problem of hunger and lost of job?

Politicians self.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Mediator97:
Everyone is just busy playing his own mind games.
With that statement, it means that this country can never be restructured.
How can they say that the problem of insecurity and recession is what they will solve first before talking of restructuring?
Even, there is no standing plan on how to solve those stated problems.
So oga, why lie even to yourself?
This country can never solve the problem of insecurity or recession unless a total different method is adopted.
Restructuring or this country will just remain a shadow of itself.
u sound very pathetic.all the speaker that support restructuring here and those that goes against are both right to an extent.bro naija tire me i swear nting is working ,bt yet i will ascribe to the last part of this piece dt call for a united front by youth to wrestle power from this elite and change the current social order .my reasons is simple restructuring this country 0.5% / 100 becos the elite dnt wnt it
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
ehinmowo:
if APC does nt show serious concern bt restructure, they are preparing to live office by 2019
lol,everything as been perfected ,the elite from the north are nt interested in restructuring and apc will nt made the mistake of allowing power to leave their grip.under dis inec chairman apc are nw looking beyond 2019 cos u vote for dem or not,they will win.nigeria is a mess
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
A true revolution can nt be forcast or foretold it comes naturally.their is an urgent need to restructure nigeria in order to ensure her unity and douse the imminent danger being sense by the futuristics minds.anyting short of this is a risk that threatened the corperate existence of nigeria|
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by adimsmt: 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
Pacotdc:
Group kicks, says talks deceptive, hypocritical

The All progressives Congress (APC) has adduced the need to fix the nagging problems of insecurity and the recession as reasons for the delay in restructuring the country as outlined in the party’s manifesto.

APC’s National Publicity Secretary, Malam Bolaji Abdullahi, yesterday in a chat with The Guardian, faulted claims that the party was playing politics with the issue, said the issue of restructuring the country may not be placed on the front burner before 2019.

According to him: “My own take is that every government has its own priority and you will agree with me that if you have to deal with the issue of Boko Haram or you need to deal with the issue of the economy that has gone into recession and all that, you have to get your priorities right. I don’t think it would be a wise move to add the challenges of restructuring if you have not dealt with the problems that affect the average Nigerian.

“So when people are hungry, when people are losing jobs, when people’s salaries are not being paid I think any responsible government would consider this to be a priority even while it still believes in the restructuring of the country.

“The issue of restructuring is never a gimmick. It is in the manifesto of our party. How can that be a gimmick? That is why I said that the fact that it has not been done does not mean that it would not be done.’’

Meanwhile, former Vice President and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku Abubakar, has lauded former military president Ibrahim Babangida for throwing his weight behind calls for the restructuring of Nigeria.

In a statement yesterday, he also commended the recent resolution of the APC Progressive Governors Forum and several well-meaning Nigerians who stressed the need to restructure and entrench true federalism in the polity.

Saying that the issue transcends religion and ethnicity, he noted that the convergence of positions by leaders and stakeholders from diverse regions of the country on the issue speak volume of the need to ensure good governance in the polity.

He explained that the agitations for secession would not have arisen if the country had shown sincere readiness to address the underlying problems that feed the agitations by separatist forces.

However, the national chairman of the Labour Party (LP), Alhaji Abdulsalam Abdulkadir, believes that those at the forefront of the calls to restructure the country were using it to score political goals.

Blaming the ruling elites for using the agenda to hoodwink the gullible populace to further their selfish desires, he challenged restructuring proponents to come out with a blueprint on how to achieve the goal.

If you look at the issue of fiscal federalism, are we going back to the old three of four regions or are we going to use the present six geo-political zones to achieve it? If we are to use the present six geo-political zone, take one of the zones for instance, which of the states of any of the zones would agree to merge with one another.

Also, the United Action for Democracy (UAD), a non-governmental and human rights group has kicked against the notion to restructure Nigeria as agitated for by some citizens of the country.

UAD yesterday at a press conference, moved against the pro-separatist agitation of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the purportedly quit notice by the northern youths.

According to the convener of the group, Gabriel Ojumah, “Nigeria has moved from regional government to federal system of government yet things are not working right: what we need is not a geo-political restructuring but a change in the ruling class of the country.”

Ojumah reiterated that, “should Nigeria divide today, the known cabals in the leadership of the country will continue ruling in the various parts of the country hence we still come back to square one.” He added that the masses should be united in the front to change the current social order and exploitative ruling class in the country.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/apc-explains-delay-in-restructuring-nigeria-as-atiku-lauds-ibb/

That is to say restructuring Nigeria will never happen because the bad economy and Boko Haram is not going anyway soon. But just understand that restructuring Nigeria is an important aspect in Nigeria economy recovery.
Re: APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB by Ikwerreboy(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2017
From Ikwerre People Of Rivers state

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Review Wages, Allowances For Governors, Others / Supreme Court Adjourns Sokoto Governorship Appeal To January 20 / 2023: Group Raise N100m For Nwajiuba To Purchase APC Presidency Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.