Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,352 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

The Most Powerful Country In Europe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Most Powerful Country In Europe (798 Views)

Al Qaeda Looking To Target Planes In Europe, UK Security Minister Warns / See The Official State Cars Of Some Of The World's Most Powerful People / Bow To Russia, The Most Powerful Military On Earth [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Powerful Country In Europe by AjalaJ(m): 7:23am On Jun 28, 2017
What is the most powerful country in Europe?

Militarily, Russia is still the top dog in Europe. It has fallen a very long way from the might of the Soviet Union, but it is still dangerous. Both as a percent of GDP and in absolute terms, it is the major European economy that spends by far the most on its military; 5.6% to second place France’s 2.1% and $66 billion to the UK’s $55 in absolute terms. And of course, it still has enough nuclear weapons to turn the rest of Europe into hot slag. There’s a reason why there’s a continent wide alliance dedicated to defending against Russia.

That said, Russia is unmistakably on its way down. Its economy has been stagnant and continually low oil prices aren’t doing it any favors. Russia’s economy is also too small to continue supporting its rotting military. Germany is a far wealthier country while the UK and France are both similar in size to Russia. In terms of soft power like economics or diplomatic and cultural influence, these three countries are all more important than Russia. This is especially true with Germany, which is going to find itself increasingly lonely at the top of an EU with a dysfunctional France no Britain.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-powerful-country-in-Europe-1

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: The Most Powerful Country In Europe by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 29, 2017
And of course, it still has enough nuclear weapons to turn the rest of Europe into hot slag. There’s a reason why there’s a continent wide alliance dedicated to defending against Russia.

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both - Niccolo Machiavelli

I have never been so proud of Uncle Volodya.

Even in Iraq, his popularity rating is through the roof. It’s even said that the Iraqis await “Hajji Putin” like a saviour. grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7frbwLvBQ

Comrades, as I retire to bed now, I leave you with this beautiful Russian Joke (copied from Fort Russ):

* Originally written in French by Philippe Arnon, and translated to English by Tom Winter.

This is a very good one circulating in the social networks along the shores of the Volga. grin

The setting is a few years after the passing of Obama. Of course, the Good Lord immediately invited him to paradise. How could he not?
Hadn’t he got the Nobel Prize right after being elected president?

Didn’t he save Social Security?

Didn’t he reconcile his country with Cuba?

Finally, after deploring all the shootings, didn’t he do his best to be done with the Second Amendment that gives the right to every citizen to carry guns? All in all, Obama was a saint. Plainly.

So now he passes his happy days up on high. But happiness, when prolonged, gets to be a bit of a bore, and Obama was no exception to this rule. So one day he decided to take a big step, and go down to do the tour of New York.

The plan was set: he would go to the Bronx, on Webster Avenue. When he got there, he chose to check out one of the restaurants, ordinary ones like thousands of other bistros in the US. At a table, there’s an elderly couple: The man and the woman are each chomping on a large cheeseburger. He goes up to them and calls for a beer.

“Oh, Mr. President! What brings you here? What a pleasure to see you again,” the couple say, practically in chorus.

“It’s nice of you to say that. Well — I’m back to see what’s happened since I left you. I’m afraid that maybe American customs have gotten a lot worse than they were, and there are lots and lots more shootings, yes?”

“Oh no. Can you imagine! They’ve utterly suppressed the NRA,” replied the woman. “And all the Americans, just like in Australia, have had to turn in their guns to the authorities. You should see how placid things are now, even at night.”

“And the police? Are they still brutalizing the blacks?”

“Oh, all that is over and done with. Equality has at last become a genuine democratic principle,” says the man, who happens to be brown.

“And the Islamic terrorism that was getting worse and worse when God called me to him?”

“The what? Oh that! That’s ancient history, Mr. President. Been eradicated,” assures the old woman, who used to live in fear for her life.

“And the United States is still the major power in the world?”

“Of course! How could you doubt it? We’re still first in economy and we’ve got military bases on every continent now. Pardon my telling you this, but we are even more proud than we were in your day!” the man and woman confirm, though a little embarrassed.

So Obama, satisfied with his short tour, and very reassured, thinks about getting back to paradise. On his way, he asks the bartender: “What do I owe you for the beer?

The bartender, a tall blue-eyed blond replies: “One Ruble.”

Hahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin Walahi, Russia will 1 day colonize Amerika - and that day is just around the corner grin cheesy grin

Missy89 - my sugarbelly, Valeriansteel & my in-law Sheikh Lucas Bin Balo. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Powerful Country In Europe by BizLifeE: 2:35am On Jul 01, 2017
We may not know until there's an actual war, which we don't pray to happen.
Re: The Most Powerful Country In Europe by mysticwarrior(m): 9:24am On Jul 01, 2017
Russia still remains the most powerful nation on earth in terms of military warfare.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Throws Toilet Paper At Puerto Rico Hurricane Victims / Libya Ambassador To Cameroon Beaten To Stupor By Protesters / Rwanda: This Country Was In Total Ruins In The 90s Due To Bloody Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.