Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With (28550 Views)

5 Handy And 5 Hilarious Things You Can Buy For Your Business On Fiverr / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by DaBillionnaire: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
when u ask for ur money some will tell you their atm cards got stuck in the machine for a week now, some will bring out a cheque from their pockets and tell you they are going to the bank immediately to cash the money. people sef.

let me come and be going joor

2 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Toladipupo995(f): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
debtors are always on their way to the bank .........There is God

4 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by eyeview: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Some will Start a story of how they would have been dead by now.
Then they will tell you how one trailer failed break and rammed into a wall two hours after he had passed there or how he nearly boarded sosoliso flight that later crashed but changed his mind some weeks earlier.
Then turn around and ask you that would you still be talking of money if God had not saved him.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by tosyne2much(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Some of them will tell you they are ill, therefore, you should not expect them to pay their debts: D

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Emeka is owing me N1400 since 1990. I'm waiting to sue his ass by 2040 when the money would have reached 14 million due to inflation and interest rate.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by kennykg(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ehheee
Made me remember my ex flat mate who was a chronic borrower, could even borrow from a begger.
When you ask him he would be like is it cause of this small money you harassing me, Just remember I once helped you Those that dont have today would have tomorrow. Reported him to his mother.. ..... It's runz in the family shocked

In short
He can borrow 20 from A, 36 from B, 50 from C and down the line borrow 100 from j then share them all 50 from the 100 he got recently from j, with a rude attitude, curses, numerous insults, etc

What a creature...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
I find it hard asking for my money I lend out I will look towards my debtor to approach me with my cash sometimes I forgo the money sometimes they return my money I just don't feel comfortable asking for it although I don't lend out huge amounts ooo..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by fpeter(f): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
That's why Richard Templar,in his New York bestseller 'The rules of life' said...
"Do not lend to a friend,an amount you can't afford to lose "
I personally do not lend,to neither friend nor foe.

I learned this the hard way, i never had the guts to refuse family and friends until i realized that no one would ever give me a dime, if the tables were turned. I also listened to my pastor preach about it one Sunday morning. He said only give out what you can afford to forget easily. Never give loans to people.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Bellfun(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hmmmm

I loaned a friend 200k to save him from losing his job... he's still at the job steadily receiving salary...a year after I'm yet to get a refund...i ask so tey, I'm now even ashamed to ask again!
And sincerely speaking,i need the money!

I don't know what to do!
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by fatymore(f): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
I dont borrow friends money.i rather give them.. Cos am always shy to ask . And if am pushed to borrow I pay the exact time given...

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by AYOUNG(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
salabscholar01:
*some people will stop talking to you even if you're not after asking for it.
*they stop picking your calls.
*they dodge your ways.

True talk,I am still nursing the wound of one who will never pick my calls or reply my text even whatsapp msg..some people are heartless I tell you. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by UwaBuPawPaw: 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin no b their fault...If dem get d money dem no go like owe person

Uwa bu pawpaw mehn
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
That look when he's owing you 5k but his gf brings 4 other girls un-announced, and he can still foot the bills

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by ipobarecriminals: 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
whizzyleejr:
They are in the hospital, they were being robbed, one of their parent passed away...lol gringringringringrin
Nah dis type of lies tenants tell their landlord
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by MrImole: 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
That's why Richard Templar,in his New York bestseller 'The rules of life' said...
I personally do not lend,to neither friend nor foe...and by Divine providence,I have never and would never borrow.

Do you have the soft copy?
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by kennykg(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin
I also remember a colleague at work she owes me money When. I come for my money....She be like
"Come and Buy me lunch Shey u know say dead bodi No dey pay Dept grin angry .

5 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
some people are slaves to money. that's why they fail to fulfill their promises.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by THEconqueror: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
kennykg:
grin
I also remember a colleague at work she owes me money When. I come for my money....She be like
"Come and Buy me lunch Shey u know say dead bodi No dey pay Dept grin angry .

cheesy
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by 2shure: 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
For how much.
How much be the money wey u come dey shout.
Your mates are lending out huge sums
Just common bla bla bla
Na im make u come dey shout

Thats what debtors always say
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by wolverine1987: 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
expecting family or friends to pay u money owed to you is like expecting mmm to pay u back ur money today...... is highly unlikely I learnt this the bitter way
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
or the ones that will the money and still be posting u next week joor them Neva pay our salary abeg
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Abumtestimony1: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
If you want to loose your bad friends, lend them money. For me, money is the best yardstick to measure a friend trustworthiness. Any of your friends that you can trust with money, trust him/her virtually in all things

4 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
I personally do not lend,to neither friend nor foe...and by Divine providence,I have never and would never borrow.
Great Author I must say
I don't lend what I can't let go
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Toppiano(m): 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
I borrow first timer what I can afford to lose to test them, if they fail then we stop being financial friends.

If they pass, full friendship continues.

He that borrows and pays not especially when he can, does not wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Shamsointegrity(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
salabscholar01:
*they dodge your ways.

I can relate to these..... they would even see U on social media and pretend undecided
salabscholar01:
*they dodge your ways.

I can relate to these..... they would even see U on social media and pretend

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
LOOOL. grin
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
masterP042:
I don't borrow my money so as to maintain the friendship. Cos I don't know if it's a curse on me that anyone who borrows money from me hardly pays back

You're very correct. I wonder how these mindless debtors sleep at night. Not that they don't have the money to pay back, they are just wicked. The worse part is your siblings will be telling you to just leave the goat alone he's your cousin.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by AleeDee(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lolz, made me to rem d tale of one Alhaji "gobe zan kaura" (i'm relocating tomoro) in yola (real life)

Wenever u ask him to boro u moni he'll tell u he's relocatin to anoda town tomoro, meaning he'll nt boro u

1 Like

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by lonelydora: 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
lionlamb020:
grin grin

Na this one dey vex me pass. They make it look as if you are disturbing them.
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by whizzyleejr(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
I know. Was he not told that the weather condition wasn't okay?
Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by naturalwaves: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
The fact is that there is usually not any amount of money that can be categorized as “ready to lose”. No matter how small the cash is, it is usually still valuable for something important. A small cash like #100 may not even belong to the “ready to lose” category if we all want to go by the “ready to lose” rule. If you give me a call for example and request that I should please wire say #50k into your account to be refunded at the end of the month, why should I not if I have the wherewithal at the moment? Do I now say that because I am not ready to lose #50k, I won’t send it when I have more than that? I think it is just a case of knowing who you are dealing with and looking carefully before parting with your cash. Most times, we tend to sacrifice for people based on tenable contingencies and feel that they should be responsible enough to do the right thing of paying back as and when due.

Therefore, rather than blame the lender for parting with cash that is not a “ ready to lose” money, the borrower should be tutored about the importance of integrity and being responsible to pay back borrowed cash. The sincerity of the borrower should also be queried; if you do not have available means to service a borrowed money, why not come clean and beg that the money be given to you rather than disguising in the form of borrowing. Of course, for most conman, they know the downside of asking for a “dash” is that the amount may not be substantial to service their greedy and wicked intentions once the money has been given out.

I know this particular point is based on various experiences of people and hence the suggestion not to give out anything that is beyond a token. I agree that this is the best thing to do in order to stay safe. However, the whole blame need not be on the lender as I feel the borrower should take a large chunk of it.

Cc: JARUSHUB

2 Likes

Re: 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With by PDPGuy: 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Bellfun:
Hmmmm

I loaned a friend 200k to save him from losing his job... he's still at the job steadily receiving salary...a year after I'm yet to get a refund...i ask so tey, I'm now even ashamed to ask again!
And sincerely speaking,i need the money!

I don't know what to do!

Keep asking him to pay you back. You loaned him the money with the expectation that he would pay back, so don't be ashamed to keep knocking at his door.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me!! My Money Is Missing. / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / See The 3 Online Business That Can Supplement Your Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.