Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? (726 Views)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / Urgent! I Formatted My Laptop! Can I Ever Recover The Files?! / Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by mjay(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2010
Pls house gurus, my predicament came whn my laptop stopped responding, eventually i had to refomat it. but being a hp compaq, it did not come with installation cd, its inbuilt. I was not able to recover thru the inbuilt windows, soo i had to format, reinstall an ikeja windows and i downloded some drivers from the hp website. I tried using the key that came with my laptop but it didnt work, so as it now, i dare not turn on automatic update, it will discover d counterfeit nature of the windows. More so some progrmm require sp2, wht i had was sp2. I WILL LIKE TO HAVE MY ORIGINAL WINDOWS BACK, PLS HOW CAN I RECOVER IT? SINCE DR IS NO CD AND D ONE INBUILT HAS BN FORMATTED. PLS HELP.
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by LUDALOOLO(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
i can make it original for u to update and use original microsoft softwares too.
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by mjay(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
that will be seriously appereciated. whrs ur location? wht do i need to do?
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by LUDALOOLO(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
mjay:

that will be seriously appereciated. whrs your location? wht do i need to do?

Surulere Lagos
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by dayooye(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
i guess ur os is win vista, google vista activator, download d program nd install, it activates ur vista installation nd u can even turn on automatic update,
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by mjay(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2010
dayooye:

i guess your os is win vista, google vista activator, download d program nd install, it activates your vista installation nd u can even turn on automatic update,

No sir, its win xp sp3
Re: How Do I Recover the Original Window That Came With My Laptop? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2010
the mistake you made must have been installing the wrong version of windows - ie

was it windows xp home edition, or professional
was it vista basic, home edition, business or ultimate?

they key is for a specific version of windows thats what you need to find out

i'm also sure they installed the volume license version of windows xp on your pc. thats all those otigba boys have in stock

can u tell us what version was originally on you pc?

(1) (Reply)

Mac Book Pro 2.66ghz,intel Core 2 Duo Processor,4gb Ddr3 Memory,320gb Hdd / How Can I Update My Antivirus Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee? / 3g Universal Modem For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.